hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Port de Pollenca, Majorca

Anyone been? Got any advice re restaurants to eat, pubs to visit and mountains to climb nearby?

The Mrs has booked a week there for us at the start of September as she heard good things about the place. Going to hire a car for the transfer and darting around the island a wee bit, going early September.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    I assume you mean Puerto Pollensa? (checked Google - its the same place) Went there about 10 years ago, so advice re restaurants and pubs will be out of date.
    Lovely place, some bits are quieter than others. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I loved it in 1983. Probably changed a bit since then though.

I was there last year, in October, it was the worse weather you could imagine – even the beach got flooded - however that could happen but it did!!!

Around the main square there are a number of decent places to eat, we quite liked the cheap Chinese place, if there's football on he’ll get the telly nearest you on the game you want so long as your in first. Loads of other good places too. We went to an Italian place at the roundabout by the beach / harbour – it was the only place we went we thought was a rip off! Pricey and the food wasn’t up to much.

I cant remember the names of the pubs. There's a African themed one on the front, the Mumbai Beach Club or something that, friendly. But our favourite, cant remember the name was on a corner quite nearby a small skinny gay guy from Tenerife owned it and was a hoot, even funnier than the Elvis from through west somewhere that came in twice a week!

Some decent walks, we walked to Alcudia a couple of times, and got the bus back, we don’t like hiring cars, but it didn’t stop us going other places.

There's plenty mountains nearby, how climbable I have no idea!

Nice beach.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers folks.

Sure we'll enjoy it, don't miss any Hibs games either as international week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Watch out for the jelly fish. I was in alcudia with my mum about four years ago and hired one of the peddle boats with the shoot and decided against it when I seen those lumps floating about!

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    I stayed a couple of miles from there five years ago. One tip I might give is not to miss the old town of Pollença about seven miles away. It's a little unprepossessing as you drive in from one direction in particular but don't be mislead it's a lovely old town, atmospheric and well worth a visit.

Alcudia, albeit very commercial in places is nevertheless quite interesting, it being an old walled town.

Port de Soller on the West coast is worth a visit if you have transport whilst the Soller train to Palma is a pretty one-hour duration trip and a nice excursion for the day.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    My favourite place in Mallorca. The beach is fantastic. In the middle of the town there are a few bars around the square that back on to each other. There is an Irish bar that does live bands. Imagine the opposite of Magaluf and that is what this resort is.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for all the advice folks, sounds like we picked a good place. Few options for days out and a few beers, happy days.