hibs.net Messageboard

Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139
Results 4,141 to 4,159 of 4159
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote from jdships just up the page a bit - "My two lads at EM will not discuss CC, which I think is the right way , but do say he is working very hard at his job and there is no dissent as it stands."That tells me that his rapport with the squad is undamaged. No problems there, in fact, and CC applying himself to his work as a good professional should.

As for the mood of the fans - since when have Hibs fans ever been ready to look on the bright side of life?

If you do, you're accused of "Happy-clapperism" and subjected to all sorts of abuse.

We are the collective epitome of the torn-faced greetin, moanin skite. (Self included.)

(Of course, if on the other hand you try to inject some realism into some of the more hysterical threads, you're charged with Doom-and-gloomerism and threatened with exile to the crabbier fringes of the West Stand.)

After all the fuss, it turns out CC is continuing to honour his contract, working hard at his job, and apparently still looking to add players to the squad who will strengthen the team and hopefully bring a wee smile to some of the torn faces around ER.

Maybe the time has come to move on?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    No i dont know, did Mowbray move to Ipswich when asked?
    nope, but he did sign a new 12 month deal with us and then leave for west brom a month later

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    nope, but he did sign a new 12 month deal with us and then leave for west brom a month later
    Thats true, and we were suitably compensated. Not once did he split the support though, not once did we think our manager was off at the drop of a hat. Is this a good thing, does it help?

Thats true, and we were suitably compensated. Not once did he split the support though, not once did we think our manager was off at the drop of a hat. Is this a good thing, does it help?
    TBH I don't see any difference other than mowbrays move didn't get strung out like the cc affair has, if it had then the same problems would have occurred, either because mowbray would say he wanted to go or he would say he wanted to stay. Either way the fans would slate him for not being honest, or for being honest.

I really don't see what people are getting there knickers in a twist over with CC, he's here, he's getting on with his job, if an offer is accepted by hibs then he will look at it. The same as with every manager we have ever had. Difference is this time we know it's the case.

TBH I don't see any difference other than mowbrays move didn't get strung out like the cc affair has, if it had then the same problems would have occurred, either because mowbray would say he wanted to go or he would say he wanted to stay. Either way the fans would slate him for not being honest, or for being honest.

I really don't see what people are getting there knickers in a twist over with CC, he's here, he's getting on with his job, if an offer is accepted by hibs then he will look at it. The same as with every manager we have ever had. Difference is this time we know it's the case.
    You might not, but there are folk who do. He's split the support with his non committal whether you like it or not. Is this a good thing?

You might not, but there are folk who do. He's split the support with his non committal whether you like it or not. Is this a good thing?
    no, but I also don't think it's his fault, do you think CC should have lied just to keep some fans happy?

Perhaps some fans should have actually just read his comments rather than making them up from what people posted on here?

What I will give you though is that CC doesn't come across as inspirational in interviews, but I remember everyone salivating over yogis interviews at the start and look how that turned out.

no, but I also don't think it's his fault, do you think CC should have lied just to keep some fans happy?

Perhaps some fans should have actually just read his comments rather than making them up from what people posted on here?

What I will give you though is that CC doesn't come across as inspirational in interviews, but I remember everyone salivating over yogis interviews at the start and look how that turned out.
    Again i disagree about him lying, there's certain things a manager must do when managing any football club, and thats get the support onside. He does not have to lie, he will lie though, they all do. A manager has to galvanise the support, he has to get everyone who has anything to do with the club pulling in the same direction, do you honestly think he has?

We all know managers or players will go at some stage, what we dont need to hear is the crap he came out with that caused this uncertainty.

And again i will say it, 9 months into the job is not long enough, and he shouldn't be thinking of leaving or looking at any other sweets so soon into this job imo.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I have no idea what CC's rapport is with the squad but I am sure this summer's uncertainty hasn't helped things.
    The whole thread summed up in your combination of two short phrases.

calders , why dont you just gtf

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    FFS Geez a break ya fanny :asshole:

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Aren't we rather doing the same thing here as we did when Caldwell and Murray were moving on?

Ian said nothing about a move and was given all sorts of abuse for going to Ibrox without saying anything to the supporters.

Then Gary let folks know that he was intending to move to Celtic - and HE was given all sorts of abuse while he was playing out his time.

As my old mum used to say, pick at a scab and it'll never heal. We need to leave this subject alone now - Calderwood's still at ER and according to all reports working hard and conscientiously with the squad he has and actively seeking to add to it. After all, he's an employee - not a supporter.

We had an (alleged) supporter last time out - and HE was a total haemorrhoid.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Aren't we rather doing the same thing here as we did when Caldwell and Murray were moving on?

Ian said nothing about a move and was given all sorts of abuse for going to Ibrox without saying anything to the supporters.

Then Gary let folks know that he was intending to move to Celtic - and HE was given all sorts of abuse while he was playing out his time.

As my old mum used to say, pick at a scab and it'll never heal. We need to leave this subject alone now - Calderwood's still at ER and according to all reports working hard and conscientiously with the squad he has and actively seeking to add to it. After all, he's an employee - not a supporter.

Spot on. Thread closed.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

I've had my views on this whole affair and I've contributed to this and other threads on it but surely we need to accept that the past can't be changed, CC remains in post as Hibs Manager and should therefore be supported in his efforts to take the club forward?
    This is how it feels

Good post
    As I said earlier my two lads say CC is working very hard at EM and there doesn't appear to be any "hidden agenda"
    Time to end this thread - perhaps ?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Good post
    As I said earlier my two lads say CC is working very hard at EM and there doesn't appear to be any "hidden agenda"
    Time to end this thread - perhaps ?
    Have to agree

For good or ill CC is our manager and likely to remain so for the forseeable future.

Time to put this one to bed and get behind the manager and the team.

(in true Hibs Net fashion)

At least until we get beat a few times, until we can call fro his head for being pish

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Have to agree

For good or ill CC is our manager and likely to remain so for the forseeable future.

Time to put this one to bed and get behind the manager and the team.

(in true Hibs Net fashion)

At least until we get beat a few times, until we can call fro his head for being pish

I will most likely be up alongside you
    Big

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

I've had my views on this whole affair and I've contributed to this and other threads on it but surely we need to accept that the past can't be changed, CC remains in post as Hibs Manager and should therefore be supported in his efforts to take the club forward?
    How I feel. I'm desparate for CC to succeed at ER as I'm sure we all are. I hope CC is so successful at ER he has lots of bags of sweets presented to him in future...

Right folks, this one's run it's course. He aint going anywhere and rumours aren't gong to so us any favours.