hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't believe none of the usual suspects have been on this thread telling us that it doesn't matter who the manager is as Petrie and Lindsay make the signings.

C'mon chaps, how's about a bit of consistency with your fantasy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe none of the usual suspects have been on this thread telling us that it doesn't matter who the manager is as Petrie and Lindsay make the signings.

I think the line is that the manager identifies the targets and the Board then pursue these and do the negotiations etc.

Fact is Calderwood's targets are no longer being pursued, he's said as much, hasn't he?

I'd hoped we were looking at a new manager and his targets, but i think that's wishful thinking on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    I think the line is that the manager identifies the targets and the Board then pursue these and do the negotiations etc.

Fact is Calderwood's targets are no longer being pursued, he's said as much, hasn't he?

I'd hoped we were looking at a new manager and his targets, but i think that's wishful thinking on my part.

You never know whats going on behind the scene Crops. I do think this..that Rodders is aware that he is away but wont be a push over. I personally think that as soon as this is sorted then the new manager will be in even before CC seat gets slightly cool.

I also think that Rod knows exactly who he wants and everything will already be in place. You never know we may even be persusing the new mans targets...not wishful thinking mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    [/B]

You never know whats going on behind the scene Crops. I do think this..that Rodders is aware that he is away but wont be a push over. I personally think that as soon as this is sorted then the new manager will be in even before CC seat gets slightly cool.

I also think that Rod knows exactly who he wants and everything will already be in place. You never know we may even be persusing the new mans targets...not wishful thinking mate.
    gotta keep the faith Aldo... RP needs to pull a rabbit out the hat, that's for sure, pulling one off under pressure someone (badly) described it previously...!

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    gotta keep the faith Aldo... RP needs to pull a rabbit out the hat, that's for sure, pulling one off under pressure someone (badly) described it previously...!
    Mate

Keeping the faith like I have done every season since 1978 (when I went to my first game).

I actually feel quite sorry for RP and the board as they thought they had a manager that was committed to the cause...obviously not the cause.

I am sure Rod and the board will pull someone in the not so distant future and I am sure he will ensure they are commited to the cause.

GG

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Blackpool don't you despair at well meaning fans who think everything will be OK if CC relents and pledges his devotion to the Hibees. Some of the guff being quoted is getting ridiculous. Family considerations? Didn't they exist at Newcastle. Can't he afford to commute on the Edinburgh to East midlands route. Half an hour from EM and he'd be back in the house.
    The question that really needs answered is straightforward, what has changed behind the scenes at er to make him consider another job. Petries point about Yogi was obviously for Calderwood and wasn't in the least bit relevant to his pop at Forrest. You rightly said CC wasn't whiter than white. Neither is the Hibs board. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive to the extreme.
    Why ignore what is being said about family considerations (which, by the way, I imagine you know the square root of f-all about CC's family situation, the same as the rest of us), and instead insist that it's problems behind the scenes?

I'm amazed at the amount of folk who are giving it the big 'I don't buy the family situation stuff'. What possible position of credibility can anyone make statements like that without knowing what is happening in CC's personal life, which none of us have any right to know about?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Who are these people you refer to?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    We have only brought in 3 players and got rid of a whole squads worth. Season starts in two weeks and we don't appear to be in the process of trying to sign anyone! It is a bit worrying.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    We have only brought in 3 players and got rid of a whole squads worth. Season starts in two weeks and we don't appear to be in the process of trying to sign anyone! It is a bit worrying.
    Typical Hibs. Let a lot of contracts expire, give the manager a blank canvas to work on in this window and we make a right pigs ear of it.

I don't know or care whose fault it is we just need it sorted asap and get back to the business of building up the squad to deal with the season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Typical Hibs. Let a lot of contracts expire, give the manager a blank canvas to work on in this window and we make a right pigs ear of it.

I don't know or care whose fault it is we just need it sorted asap and get back to the business of building up the squad to deal with the season ahead.
    And we have a tough start - Cellic, Yams and away to ICT and Killie where we don't do well in the first 5 games!!! PETRIE!
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 07-07-2011 at 08:45 AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    it is pre-season John.

How's the job-hunting?
    Aye it is pre season, although under clueless are in a worse state now, and in turmoil with the new season only 2 weeks away.

Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Aye it is pre season, although under clueless are in a worse state now, and in turmoil with the new season only 2 weeks away.

Fantastic.
    I know we should get Mastermind back.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    I know we should get Mastermind back.
    Really.

Looks pretty obvious that no new signings will be made till this nonsense with the manager is sorted, any new boss will want his own signings.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Looks pretty obvious that no new signings will be made till this nonsense with the manager is sorted, any new boss will want his own signings.
    And thats why i say Calderwood is knowingly making our club suffer. We will be missing out on players, either by not going for them or them not wanting to commit.

Ok, here is my take on it. RP is trying to squeeze as much as he can out of the CC move. This is driven to a large extent by the collapse in season ticket sales. So while many Hibs fans think there is plenty more to spend on wages given the removal of so many players including high earners like Deek and Miller, the fall in revenue probably means there is no more money. The delay in settling the CC farce gives RP the perfect excuse he needs not to spend more money in this window and to get a very cheap Manager in for the new season.

We cannot underestimate the impact the the collapse in ST sales has had on the club. And why do I have the feeling that Petrie actually prefers it like tihat?

Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    Ok, here is my take on it. RP is trying to squeeze as much as he can out of the CC move. This is driven to a large extent by the collapse in season ticket sales. So while many Hibs fans think there is plenty more to spend on wages given the removal of so many players including high earners like Deek and Miller, the fall in revenue probably means there is no more money. The delay in settling the CC farce gives RP the perfect excuse he needs not to spend more money in this window and to get a very cheap Manager in for the new season.

We cannot underestimate the impact the the collapse in ST sales has had on the club. And why do I have the feeling that Petrie actually prefers it like tihat?
    Are you being serious with that comment? Geez.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    And thats why i say Calderwood is knowingly making our club suffer. We will be missing out on players, either by not going for them or them not wanting to commit.
    Calderwood is effectvely saying the decision to stay or go lies with the Chairman. If the clubs had agreed compensation he would have been away at the same time he doesn't want to just resign (at least just now) and go through the legal route either because a) his integrity won't let him or b) he doesn't want to incur the cost.

Petrie at the same time is trying to ensure that any compensation to be made covers the inconvenience factor of losing a manager that they did not want to lose and cover the potential cost of trying to recruit a new one. As a fan base we would go mad if Petrie let him go for a smaller amount that would then restrict who we could get as manager or ultimately stop the new manager from bringing in the quality/number of players he/we wanted.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post

Has there been an official collapse in ticket sales ?