hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's exactly good about his statement??

it's obvious calderwood doesnt want to be here so why has Petrie got a uber man crush on him staying!

let him go, i don't want a manager at hibs who's head is elsewhere.

do it now before its too late.
    Because if he put out a statement saying "Calderwood can GTF, I never liked the bloke anyway" then he wouldn't have a leg to stand on when trying to get maximum compensation for him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    I don't know what's more pathetic, Petries statement or the fact many of you don't realise were being patronised. Sometimes we really get what we deserve.
    Heard you the first time.

At the risk of patronising you i presume the emboldened bit above should read us, for the record i am quite able to interpret the statement on my own thanks.

First Team Regular Northfield Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    What an undignified comment from Petrie regarding Yogi. Lacking of a shred of class and uncalled for, does he forget that he's been involved in the selection process of these 'previous incumbents'?

Petrie, YOU are the one constant of the last dozen managerial appointments so if you want to blame someone then by all means blame yourself and don't hide behind a scapegoat.

I'm sick of Petrie. This proud club needs a huge overhaul, starting at the very top. You're time's up, you're tea's oot etc etc, do the rightful thing and leave our club. Andf take 9alderewood, yet another duff appointment from yourself, with you.

Agree 100%. Absolute joke of a statement, especially the dig at Yogi. No matter what your thoughts are on Yogi, he got us into europe in his first season, brought in Stokes and Miller who were great buys. Was true that he brought in some duds, but then who hasn't as the Hibs manager. Totally classless statement which sums that pompous git up!!!

Petrie GTF and take CC with ye!!!!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I don't know what's more pathetic, Petries statement or the fact many of you don't realise were being patronised. Sometimes we really get what we deserve.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Regardless of what Rod says if CC dosen't want to be here he will never reach his potential.

As an example, look at Sol Bamba, his situation dragged on and he clearly didn't want to be here and his performances reflected that.

Petries a welt !, he wants to keep a manager who wants to leave then slags off a manager he appointed only two years ago , he might fool some of you but he dusnie fool me !. mark my words he will get it totally wrong again whatever he does , this is as usual all about cash while we are another day nearer a new season and in turmoil , an utter shambles .

FFS, Petrie has come out and told US whats happening and STILL some on here arent happy with the club jeeeeeessssusssssss

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Fed up with some fans on here.
    What does Rod seriously have to do to win??
    Slated for not saying anything, now slated for saying something.
    He backs Calderwood to stay and is slated, but if he gets rid of him, he will be slated for to many managers in so many seasons.
    In the last few years , he has concentrated off the pitch, cleared a huge amount of debt, got a new training center and a new east, now its time to concentrate on the team. And by saying that every penny spent on season tickets will be spent on players, i think that proves he is wanting to take us forward.
    Well done Rodders

Dearie me, how silly of me not to notice that

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Okay .. tin hat on ..

I'd like him to stay and think he can do a good job.

He has experience, a good network of contacts and has shown that he is capable of getting a decent run of result when the chips were down.

The statement from Rod, IMO, is an indication that he thinks the same.

I also think that CC's position is not as "untenable" as some are suggesting and all it takes to get the fans back on his side are results.

But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    Okay .. tin hat on ..

He has experience, a good network of contacts and has shown that he is capable of getting a decent run of result when the chips were down.

I also think that CC's position is not as "untenable" as some are suggesting and all it takes to get the fans back on his side are results.

pass the tin hat

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Who are these folk?

Read the thread.

Wasnae a dig a you blackpool, all you've said about 5,000 in the last week is yer no' intae CC

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Anyone who says that isn't a good statement should either

Never expect Hibs to hold on to anyone - player or manager - when they make the first signs of wanting to leave. Therefore you cannot complain about selling off the family jewels.

Never demand a "clear" statement, because it doesn't get much clearer than that.

Never complain that the board doesn't totally back thier appointments.
    Last edited by 500miles; 05-07-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    Okay .. tin hat on ..

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post

pass the tin hat

I'd agree too, but there are some fans who simply won't let it go and will try to undermine him at every opportunity regardless of the results.

I'd still be surprised if he's here in a month.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I'm not at all questioning the board's right to have a pop at Yogi, I just think it's a pretty classless/needless thing to do (just as Yogi's statements about Hibs have been), especially since the board sanctioned whatever moves he made. It's a minor quibble in a good statement though.
    And if they didn't sanction the moves Yogi would be complaing that he tried to bring in players but the board refused to back him. Puts the board in a no win situation.

Many people in all walks of life apply for other jobs whilst with their current employer. If they don't land the job then I would expect them to buckle down get on with the job in hand till another opportunity arises.

I fully expect CC to do the same.

Hmmm, not sure of this myself. Can obviously see what he's trying to say and it answers some questions. However, it carries a slight air of desperation. To my mind, these are the words of someone under more pressure than they wish to be.

I'd rather Hibs didn't have a pop at anyone in this manner. Leave that to the classless Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergy Pie View Post
    Hmmm, not sure of this myself. Can obviously see what he's trying to say and it answers some questions. However, it carries a slight air of desperation. To my mind, these are the words of someone under more pressure than they wish to be.

I'd rather Hibs didn't have a pop at anyone in this manner. Leave that to the classless Hearts.
    When Hibs are being popped at by Nottingham Forest (via McClaren), the press, ex-managers and the fans, I think the club is entitled to pop back now and then.

First Team Breakthrough bandylegs_jLeighton's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dmcattack
    In my eyes that statement is part sales pitch, part warning.

It hammers home the point that the ball is firmly in our court in terms of negotiations, and no underhand tactics will be tolerated.

It also does it's best to sell Calderwoods record - this includes being very selective with his Hibernian stats.

IMO the only reason for mentioning we want to keep Calderwood is to maintain our bargaining position, because to say otherwise would weaken it.

I like the statement - overdue and seems to be pretty honest.

Regarding CC - I think like several on here - he still may go - RP is clearly stating if you want him - you have to approach the correct way and pay the full compensation fee.

Like RP or not he has over the years pulled off some excellent deals when selling players - timing of the deals etc is a whole other issue.

Moving forward with CC - if Forest don't pay up then CC will be judged on his results and if he starts poorly then could be very difficult for him and the club to stay together.

Would this mean Hibs sacking him = no compensation.

Hopefully he will do well as he did improve the team in the period mentioned to get us away from relegation but the end of the season was a farce.

The last thing we want is an unhappy manager having a negative effect on the players though and not thinking about HFC future - that I am slightly worried about.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I'm not at all questioning the board's right to have a pop at Yogi, I just think it's a pretty classless/needless thing to do (just as Yogi's statements about Hibs have been), especially since the board sanctioned whatever moves he made. It's a minor quibble in a good statement though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    And if they didn't sanction the moves Yogi would be complaing that he tried to bring in players but the board refused to back him. Puts the board in a no win situation.
    It doesn't put them in a no win situation at all, they appoint a manager that they believe they can trust, rightly back him as much as they can, and reap the rewards when the manager gets results/take flack when things don't work out. I just feel that having a dig at our previous manager is unnecessary, the board are culpable in Yogi's failed tenure also - and just because Yogi's bitter about things, it doesn't mean we have to be as well.

But I digress - I approve of the vast majority of this statement.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 05-07-2011 at 12:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Well done Rod

Plenty Hibs fans moaning about lack of leadership at easter road, that the silence is deafening. Well now those same fans can shut the **** up as the club has stated its position.

And those getting in a state about the dig at Hughes, dry yer eyes FFS. Hughes left Hibs in the ****, has been digging Hibs since he left.

The other clubs involved are under no illusions, you want Colin Calderwood, you pay whats rightfully due. FFS Birmingham are wanting £5,000,000 for GJP!!!!

I would rather see CC leave personally, as this has gone on too long, and I am unsure what HIS position is at Hibs. A statement from him wouldn't go a miss.

But back to topic, well done RP and Hibernian

I was one of the posters who kept saying that wee need to hear something from RP & SL.
    And i am delighted at Rod's statement today, fighting talk from the man, i still think Hibs will have a new manager for the start to our SPL campaign.
    Rod should put CC on Gardening Leave until this is sorted.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Yogi has been badmouthing everyone at Hibs since he left, failing to address his own failure and blaming everyone else. RP is just getting some of it back.
    Yogi's obviously got a point to prove given since he left Easter Road he's gone on to bigger and greater things with much more success...oh wait a minute...

I take it the reason some people don't like the statement is because it removes some of their scope for speculation.

A good and straight to the point statement. Mclaren is out of order. Well done to Rod and Hibs for making it clear where they stand. Some may think it,s a bit late, but Mclaren shooting his mouth off meant they had to.

I don't know what's more pathetic, your statement or the fact you made it twice or the fact you don't know you've made an arse of yourself.

Sometimes you'll get what you deserve.

The only person doing the patronising was you!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Right Petrie.....if he's staying where's our new signings? We need to be told

Thats half joking BTW, I appreciate the statement from Petrie but there's got to come a time when we can draw a line under it and move on and start planning for next season properly and right now i'm far from convinced we're getting CC's full attention.

CC needs to be given a deadline to make a statement, say the end of the week to come out and publicly gives us his full commitment and tell other clubs he's not interested and they need to find someone else or he gets put on garden leave (IMO it should have happened before the end of the week but considering the statement thats just been put out i don't expect anything to happen at any time over the next day or two)

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Petries a welt !, he wants to keep a manager who wants to leave then slags off a manager he appointed only two years ago , he might fool some of you but he dusnie fool me !. mark my words he will get it totally wrong again whatever he does , this is as usual all about cash while we are another day nearer a new season and in turmoil , an utter shambles .
    Is the blood actually boiling in your veins there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Read the thread.

Wasnae a dig a you blackpool, all you've said about 5,000 in the last week is yer no' intae CC
    i have read it, and you said ( And those getting in a state about the dig at Hughes, dry yer eyes FFS.) I asked who are these folk? I cant see anyone defending Hughes over Petries statement?

Blog Entries
    1. I'm not a Petrie fan but on the whole I agree with & applaud the statement.
    2. The comment re Yogi added nothing to the statement, in fact it detracted from the main point & IMO it makes us appear childish. RP has plenty other opportunities to have a pop at Yogi, it wasn't needed here.
    3. Overall I still think CC's position is untenable & RP is basically saying ( to CC & suitors ) s*** or get off the pot, oh & if you do finally s*** we want adequate compensation.

My betting odds are 1:2 we'll have a new manager shortly.