Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done to the club for stating its position.

Are they fighting a losing battle though?

Wee dig at Hughes in there too!

The best statement that I've ever seen come out of ER. To the point, factual and with a bit of emotion. Well done, Rodders. A shot across the bows of Nottingham Forest, Calderwood, McClaren and their agent.

As for this bit.....

"We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent."

Ouch.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quite a strong statement from RP. And I like the mention of the photo, and only "official" approach.

No mention of the Mafia tho????

TBH creating a smokescreen.

I want the best compensation we can get but whats the point in having a manager thats heart is not at the club....that for me causes doubt in his players minds as they will think he is not committed to the cause.

This will rub off on the players...yes the board has produced a statement but I doesnt wear with me....we are not stupid and we know that he is still the manager however he is a manager that is clearly not happy and that for me needs to be addressed

Producing a statement like this for me is pointless...we all know that they will back the man cause they hire him but lets get this sorted once and for all and when I hear it from CC then thats when I will be happy with the situation.

FWIW he is still going its just a matter of time (or when compensation is agreed)

My opinion.
    Last edited by Aldo; 05-07-2011 at 10:04 AM.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    TBH creating a smokescreen. If its about the money Rodders (and I am a RP fan) then you should be ashamed.

I want the best compensation we can get but whats the point in having a manager thats heart is not at the club....that for me causes doubt in his players minds as they will think he is not committed to the cause.

Time for RP and the board to be honest with the fans and tell them exactly what is happening and not producing stats and yes he is still the manager of Hibernian Football Club. This is insulting TBH.

Rantish over
    Reads to me that they are telling us exactly whats happening. Including when Forest made their only official phonecall.

He's going, we're just making things difficult. Fair enough, we have no obligation to release our manager so he can take a step down to a second tier league for a second tier position.

'We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent. Colin has added to the core of the team he signed in January. Like every manager, he wants to continually adjust his squad - and the work goes on with seven weeks still to the end of the summer transfer window.'

Is this a dog at Yogi. Below the belt from Rod as he employed him and as I understand contracts at Hibernian are not handled by the manager. A poor article and as I take it maybe more an open letter to CC and Notts Forrest .

You cant take isolated results as form rest of the time was dire.

Poor statement for me by the club.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Looks like he may be staying. The quote about the 'Previous Incumbent' was a bit strong

Coaching Staff
    TBH creating a smokescreen. If its about the money Rodders (and I am a RP fan) then you should be ashamed.

Time for RP and the board to be honest with the fans and tell them exactly what is happening and not producing stats and yes he is still the manager of Hibernian Football Club. This is insulting TBH.

Rantish over
    Do you know that for sure? Sounds to me like Hibs (and RP) haven't given up hope of persuading CC to stay - and maybe CC has given indications that he's not himself sure what his next step should be, stay or go. So maybe still all to play for!

Rantish over
    If Forest have only made one approach and it was rejected (unless you think Rodders is lying), what makes you think it about money? Maybe Rodders is telling the truth and they genuinely don't want to lose another manager?

Just because the press (and 'in the know' posters on here) have been saying that negotiations have been ongoing for weeks doesn't make it true.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs

Rantish over
    I see it as the exact opposite actually. I think it is quite frank and honest giving a clear and strong indication of the clubs position.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Looks like he may be staying. The quote about the 'Previous Incumbent' was a bit strong:eek:
    Yes - wonder what that means. Players he signed? The way he conducted team affairs (e.g. training at EM)? The reports he gave to the Board? His lack of tactical knowledge? Some or all of the above?

Wow

The mysterious third man we always assumed was Bill Beswick who always works with McClaren

Is your chairman guessing this is the agent - if not why describe him as the "mysterious third man" ?

If they do indeed share the same agent that explains a lot about what has been going on lately
    Last edited by stevej; 05-07-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    The current speculation is frustrating, but I know that every Hibernian supporter will be right behind the team and right behind the Hibernian manager.
    Think that bit will be wishful thinking after this episode if that manager is still Calderwood

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I'm not sure what to make of this tbh. I quite like the strong tone, but the dig at Yogi (however accurate it may be), is pretty classless - maybe Rodders is upset at Yogi speaking out about O'Connor and Sproule.

Strange also that the agent is getting blamed here - McLaren was on SSN last night speaking about Calderwood, and surely it wouldn't have taken much research to find that out.

The selective statistics are a bit naughty, Calderwood's record as Hibs manager is appalling thus far (though that certainly doesn't mean it can't improve) - I was happy for him to lead us into the new campaign as late as last week - I still think it's best that he goes. However, there is surely no chance of Alan Irvine being appointed the day after that statement was released.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Reads to me that they are telling us exactly whats happening. Including when Forest made their only official phonecall.
    Reads to me like someone's hacked Rod's account.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Wow

The mysterious third man we always assumed was Bill Beswick who always works with McClaren

Is your chairman guessing this is the agent - if not why describe him as the "mysterious third man" ?

If they do indeed share the same agent that explains a lot about what has been going on lately
    Rodders will have met the agent on numerous occasions so I'm fairly sure he will know for certain (and he's probably discussed it with Calderwood).

He'll have said 'mysterious third man' as a reference to all the speculation on the Web (with no-one knowing).

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    The best statement that I've ever seen come out of ER. To the point, factual and with a bit of emotion. Well done, Rodders. A shot across the bows of Nottingham Forest, Calderwood, McClaren and their agent.

As for this bit.....

"We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the Club by the previous incumbent."
    Ouch.

This will have more to do with what the incumbent has said since he has left the club in his interviews and time doing his bit with the BBC Sportsound, he is very bitter about losing the Hibs job, but he should never have got the gig in the first place.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of this tbh. I quite like the strong tone, but the dig at Yogi (however accurate it may be), is pretty classless - maybe Rodders is upset at Yogi speaking out about O'Connor and Sproule.

Strange also that the agent is getting blamed here - McLaren was on SSN last night speaking about Calderwood, and surely it wouldn't have taken much research to find that out.

The selective statistics are a bit naughty, Calderwood's record as Hibs manager is appalling thus far, though that certainly doesn't mean it can't improve. Was happy for him to lead us into the new campaign as late as last week - I still think it's best that he goes. However, there is surely no chance of Alan Irvine being appointed the day after that statement was released.
    Doesn't communicate very often / has to cover all bases in one statement?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This will have more to do with what the incumbent has said since he has left the club in his interviews and time doing his bit with the BBC Sportsound, he is very bitter about losing the Hibs job, but he should never have got the gig in the first place.
    It's about time that the club starting responding to stuff like this too. It's all very well being professional but there comes a point when the club needs to defend itself.

If nobody has been given permission to talk to the manager surely those bags of sweets he was offered could turn out to be very expensive!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Wow

Maybe that just Rod's touch of irony (or sarcasm). Meaning he's telling everyone that Hibs are well aware of what's been going on.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If Forest have only made one approach and it was rejected (unless you think Rodders is lying), what makes you think it about money? Maybe Rodders is telling the truth and they genuinely don't want to lose another manager?

Just because the press (and 'in the know' posters on here) have been saying that negotiations have been ongoing for weeks doesn't make it true.
    I think the creative use of the stats shows that Petrie undoubtedly doesn't want to lose Calderwood after the backing he has been given.

How anyone can complain about a lack of information or the truth after that statement is beyond me - this is entirely new ground for Hibs.

So despite all the bluster from Mclaren and others in the know no actual negotiation has taken place. It looks like Petrie has signalled it's time for the gloves to come off. I don't remember reading anything quite that strong on the Official Site before.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I still want CC to go!
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper;284 9605
    I see it as the exact opposite actually. I think it is quite frank and honest giving a clear and strong indication of the clubs position.
    Troops..... the clubs position is that CC is still the manager.

From my view the position is that we have a manager who is apparently not happy at the club and is missing his family who live down south. There are possibly 2 clubs vying for his services and he has not yet come out and said he is commited to Hibs.

Yes he is STILL the manager however that for me is only on paper. I appreciate others opinions on this but it has taken the club what 10 days or so to come out with a statement... they ahve told us someone that we already know.....he is still the manager....my question is

For how long????

Lets face it we are all unhappy with what is going on and TBH this statement changes nothing for me.

I have a feeling the next time CC has anything to say to the press it will be to be confirmed as a new assistant manager.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    Reads to me like someone's hacked Rod's account.
    Wow. Most unlike Rod and Hibs.

I'm a bit depressed that we might well have to keep him though!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Petrie will have made the decision this has gone on too long. It needs to stop now, and they have to pay what we want. I dont want him managing Hibs next season, and this playing hardball could come back and bite us on the arse.

Calderwood wants to go, FFS he's had enough time looking at the sweeties to make his mind up.

They have to pay now, Calderwoods never going to get a fair chance back at Hibs, anyone who thinks he will is deluding themselves. The first time results go against us we all know the abuse he will get, there's no point denying it?

This for me is petrie telling them, both Calderwood and Forest times up, make your decisions now.

Left by mutual consent!
    TBH creating a smokescreen.
    Are you suggesting that Petrie is lying?