hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Criticise Riordan if you must but please don`t compare him with Sodje.
    Sodje's goalscoring last season For Hibs stands comparison with Riordan's. I didn't mention anything else.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmum View Post
    He hasn't signed for us because of what he was offered, straight from Riordan himself, Saturday night in Lloyds bar.
    I think his reputation is going before him. Clearly, he is willing to go to another SPL club, if his agent is actively touting him, but it looks as if he is 'personna non grata'. The Aberdeen fans were wetting themselves at the prospect of getting him, but Paw Broon has put his foot down. I can't believe that he hasn't had offers, well in excess of anything he could get at Er, so why is is he not fixed up yet?. The way things are going I can see the season starting wothout him finding a club. If he's got any pride he won't come back to us with his tail between his legs.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd like Riordan back at Hibs, although he'd have to improve on last seasons poor form.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    On the basis of the performance since he came to Hibs, Sodje contributed much more to the team. He worked harder, supported his team mates more and scored more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by seveno View Post
    On the basis of the performance since he came to Hibs, Sodje contributed much more to the team. He worked harder, supported his team mates more and scored more goals.
    I`d rather have Riordan playing for Hibs next season than Sodje, based on his overall contribution to Hibs rather than a poor season last term playing in a poor team. Messi would have struggled playing wide left with that lot!

First Team Breakthrough
    why not compare him with Sodje ?

i think the comparison stands. two players playing for a team of the same quality, it's the comparison with Rooney that should be questioned.

if DR had players of the same quality around him as Rooney has he would not be at Hibs and would have fulfilled the potential we all know he had when he first broke into the Hibs team, Sadly he has not for whatever reasons not reached the height's he should have. Yes i would love to see an on form hard working DR at Easter road, but like many who where there last season he has been told the level that Hibs will pay and expect.

He should resign, he'll regret not leaving on a high note if he doesn't.

I'll be proper Pd if he signs for another spl club. Who knows, maybe he waiting to see what happens with CC.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I`d rather have Riordan playing for Hibs next season than Sodje, based on his overall contribution to Hibs rather than a poor season last term playing in a poor team. Messi would have struggled playing wide left with that lot!
    So was it his team-mates fault that he lost his pace and hit so many shots off target ?

I am getting a wee bit concerned about Derek after reading this thread. I assumed he would get offered a good deal down South but it has all gone quite.
    He can't afford to miss a pre-season at his age, I would have thought. Hope he gets something soon.

Why would Riordan want to sign for Aberdeen rather than stay at Hibs.

Two Reasons maybe

1 Hibs offered him really crap money as a wage for next season

2 Maybe Strachan is on his way to Er and Riordan thought **** that I am off.

Riordan has really blew his chance of a better move by putting in some couldn't be bothered performances to the end of last season.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Comparing sodje to Riordan is laughable.

why do we have a thread on an ex player? speaks volumes about this site lately, will he/wont he/maybe aye/maybe no as good a player Riordan was why is this still getting attention? IDC where he ends up cos it wont be in the green + white. FACT

Looks like Deek may prefer Chinese according to the Sun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREED Hibernian star Derek Riordan is wanted by Chinese outfit Shaanxi Chanba.

The striker must decide by FRIDAY if he's interested in the shock deal. The ambitious China Super League side are scouring Europe for stars.
    They made a bold bid to lure Nottingham Forest hitman Robert Earnshaw to the Far East.
    But the Wales ace rejected their advances. Now Riordan has emerged as a late signing target before their transfer window shuts at the end of this week.
    Chaanxi could be prepared to pay big money to get their man after missing out on No1 target Earnshaw.
    Deek is up for grabs after deciding to quit at the end of the season.
    He knows about the interest but could hold off for a move closer to home.
    Meanwhile, Matt Thornhill last night urged Hibs boss Colin Calderwood to ignore the lure of a return to England.
    He said: "He's not come in, got us in a meeting and said he's going. So hopefully he'll stay."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz1RDYIw3fd

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Comparing sodje to Riordan is laughable.
    Yeah one of them gives a damn about doing his best for Hibs, the other is off to China, or Houston, or somewhere....