hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T in the Park

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Loved my T yesterday. I shall be doing the whole weekend next year methinks. Highlights yesterday was Blondie, how sorry did you feel for that exercise duo thingy on before it eh, weezer were great too. Loved the cover of paranoid android they did and hash pipe rocked. I caught a good band on the T break stage called Transfer. Pulp were amazing, what a front man Jarvis Cocker is. The Foos were sublime, Im so glad I saw them live.

Also I got on the telly, met some great people and got some free booze. It was not the nedfest I was expecting. I suppose they were in the Slam tent all day until Beady Eye came on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Highlights for me were Pendulum, Coldplay, Slash (), Fun Lovin' Criminals, Tom Jones and i thought The View were surprisingly good (I'd seen them previously and not been too impressed).

Another band who impressed me were You Me At Six, despite not really being my thing. My girlfriend is a massive fan of theirs and she dragged me along.

Gutted i missed Jimmy Eat World, Kassidy, The Vaccines and the end part of Foo fighters.
    Last edited by The_Horde; 11-07-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Oh and Pulp, how could i forget Pulp? Cocker's destruction of the last edition of NOTW was superb.

First Team Breakthrough Hibeesb0unc3's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DILL0N TAYL0R
    highlights of my weekend were pendulum, deadmau5, chase and status and brandon flowers who were all epic

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Was working as security the weekend and found myself on the pit at the NME stage on Friday. From what I heard of the acts I thought Kassidy were a good starter, Airbourne Toxic Event were decent, Twin Atlantic were awesome and had a great turnout (very happy for them as a fan because they aren't as well known as other Scottish bands). I didn't think much of White Lies before Friday but they were decent and Pendulum were incredible. I wasn't their biggest fan beforehand but they were unbelievable.

Unfortunately I was put in other positions on Saturday and Sunday, so didn't hear much music, but Jon Fratelli sounded good on T Break stage and Noah and the Whale last night in the Red Bull tent sounded like they put in a good show. Got all the highlights taped so will be catching up!

Cheers to everyone there for a reasonably well behaved weekend. Made our job a hell of a lot easier than it could've been.
    Last edited by MountcastleHibs; 11-07-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Had an amazing weekend, that's the most fun I've had a T for years.

Highlights for me were The Strokes and Pulp. Also really enjoyed Hurts, Miles Kane and The Saturdays (where I was just about close enough to stick my tongue out and lick the sweat off them....)

My highlight of the weekend were Hurts. And copious amounts of food from Healthy T.

Also thought that Coldplay, who I'd already seen at Glastonbury, were even better in Balado. The Main Stage headliners were all superb this year.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOUSEkid
    I loved Coldplay, House of Pain - Jump Around, DJ Sneak in the SLAM tent and getting soaked at Blondie. Only thing I hated was having to come home.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My highlight of the weekend were Hurts. And copious amounts of food from Healthy T.

Also thought that Coldplay, who I'd already seen at Glastonbury, were even better in Balado. The Main Stage headliners were all superb this year.
    How amazing is that place.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    How amazing is that place.
    The stovies are amazing.

Leftfield

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    Hee hee............!

Cannae beat a lassie wi a sense o humour!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I used to like you.

Standouts for me were pretty much all in King Tuts - Primal Scream were off the scale, 2ManyDJs on Friday had the place going mental and Brandon Flowers finishing off with the Thin White Duke mix of Mr Brightside was pretty epic too.

I also caught the end of Chase and Status in there and it was kicking right off

I'll go against the grain here since I thought Pulp were terrible. far too much time talking pish and not enough of just playing the tunes.

I also saw The View, The Streets, Tom Jones, Eels, a bit of Beyonce , a bit of House of Pain, Friendly Fires, Bruno Mars , lots and lots of drink and even more mud.

Cannae wait for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Standouts for me were pretty much all in King Tuts - Primal Scream were off the scale, 2ManyDJs on Friday had the place going mental and Brandon Flowers finishing off with the Thin White Duke mix of Mr Brightside was pretty epic too.

I also caught the end of Chase and Status in there and it was kicking right off

I'll go against the grain here since I thought Pulp were terrible. far too much time talking pish and not enough of just playing the tunes.

I also saw The View, The Streets, Tom Jones, Eels, a bit of Beyonce , a bit of House of Pain, Friendly Fires, Bruno Mars , lots and lots of drink and even more mud.

Cannae wait for next year
    My daughter got bumped for her wheelbarrow, when she went to return it, there was nobody there, she had paid a deposit of £30. The help desk gave her a number to phone, but guess what, it just rings out.
    Apart from that she had a great time, I even spied her on the telly, at Tiny Tempah, on the perimeter of the muddy moshpit.