hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T in the Park

T in the Park

Stage Splits are now up

http://www.tinthepark.com/

Some clashes as expected which cant be helped but I've just realised how poor the line up is this year.

I have a feeling this will be my last year of going the full weekend. Not sure if thats me getting older and the music is changing or if its cos the line ups are increasingly poorer year by year.

I wish they done what glasto do by getting an 'older' act, paul simon this year, bruce springsteen last (and not tom jones) just to have something different

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some clashes as expected which cant be helped but I've just realised how poor the line up is this year.
    They seem to have have put bands of the dance based genre on at the same times

Primal Scream and SHM clash, so do Deadmau5 and Calvin Harris, so do 2ManyDJs and Pendulum.

Pish.

Saturday is going to be tough

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    Saturday is going to be tough
    You going?

Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post
    You going?
    Discuss tomorrow at radios

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    Discuss tomorrow at radios
    Pedigree at Radios

Stage Splits are now up

http://www.tinthepark.com/

I have a feeling this will be my last year of going the full weekend. Not sure if thats me getting older and the music is changing or if its cos the line ups are increasingly poorer year by year.

I wish they done what glasto do by getting an 'older' act, paul simon this year, bruce springsteen last (and not tom jones) just to have something different
    this will be my first T since 2006. Went to 11 out of 12 between 95 and 06 and basically had enough. Like you mentioned the line up appealed less and less each year, plus the ever increasing size and Ned element was beginning to spoil it for me. Could just as easy be an age thing tho. Going this year on a freebie so not much to lose.

Been up at rockness the last three years and find it difficult to think of something bad to say about it. Line up more dance orientated but that suits me just fine.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Would have possibly been interested in getting a day ticket for Friday, just to see Pendulum live again.

Sadly, it's not an option.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Can any of you kind guys advise me, roughly how far my daughter will have to drag her gear, from where the bus drops her off, to the campsite ? Oh aye, and the best method of getting it there ? So far I've heard, sledges, shopping trolleys etc. Anybody got any tips for happy camping experiences ? lol

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Can any of you kind guys advise me, roughly how far my daughter will have to drag her gear, from where the bus drops her off, to the campsite ? Oh aye, and the best method of getting it there ? So far I've heard, sledges, shopping trolleys etc. Anybody got any tips for happy camping experiences ? lol
    Not sure myself but Go outdoor where selling "festival sledges" for that very thing yesterday

It's a good trek, how difficult it is depends on the weather and what time she gets there - the later she is, the longer the queues to cart her stuff through. There's still a good way to go once she's inside depending on what area she wants to camp in too - the zones closet to the arena entrance will fill up quickly, as do the ones nearest the campsite entrance gate.

The campsite map is now up on the TITP website http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s6_6

The wheelbarrows are good, but they're a bit pricey. A cheap plastic sledge is probably the best bet

theres a few decent acts in the line up.....fridays headliners would give me a headache...who to see?..the artics or pendulum?...but it isn't an issue as i wont be going as i got fed up with the schemie hordes many moons ago...i was at the 1st and 3rd t in the parks at strathclyde park and it was essential that the venue changed as the weedgies weren't capable of behaving...gradually though, balado has become infested with the worst types of scot and the bucky brigade has seen me off....the wickerman festival is now my choice of festival and while the line ups aren't always the most impressive...the vibe is good!...and thats what its all about...man!

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    It's a good trek, how difficult it is depends on the weather and what time she gets there - the later she is, the longer the queues to cart her stuff through. There's still a good way to go once she's inside depending on what area she wants to camp in too - the zones closet to the arena entrance will fill up quickly, as do the ones nearest the campsite entrance gate.

The campsite map is now up on the TITP website http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s6_6

The wheelbarrows are good, but they're a bit pricey. A cheap plastic sledge is probably the best bet
    She is going on Thurs, catching the bus at 2. Do you think they will get a decent spot for the tent at that time ? The wheelbarrows sound the best bet for her, I just can't see her dragging a sledge for any distance.

She is going on Thurs, catching the bus at 2. Do you think they will get a decent spot for the tent at that time ? The wheelbarrows sound the best bet for her, I just can't see her dragging a sledge for any distance.
    Should do - the campsite is huge anyway.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    I havent been to any of these festivals yet but I watch them on the TV every year.

I think I'll choose RockNess over TITP next year, RockNess seems to be on the up whereas the TITP line-up is getting worse each year.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    theres a few decent acts in the line up.....fridays headliners would give me a headache...who to see?..the artics or pendulum?...but it isn't an issue as i wont be going as i got fed up with the schemie hordes many moons ago...i was at the 1st and 3rd t in the parks at strathclyde park and it was essential that the venue changed as the weedgies weren't capable of behaving...gradually though, balado has become infested with the worst types of scot and the bucky brigade has seen me off....the wickerman festival is now my choice of festival and while the line ups aren't always the most impressive...the vibe is good!...and thats what its all about...man!
    Wickerman is just such a nice weekend away, so chilled out and no neds to worry about. King Kurt this year too for some nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    I think I'll choose RockNess over TITP next year, RockNess seems to be on the up whereas the TITP line-up is getting worse each year.
    Other than Daft Punk, every Rockness headliner has already played at T

It's meant to be a good festival though, I've had a lot of friends go up to it and say that it's really friendly and a cracking weekend. I'll try and get to it one of these times when I can blag some freebies

I've been made aware of a weekend camping ticket (from Friday) for sale for face value. If anyone is interested can you reply here and then PM me?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I've got a spare Thursday to Sunday weekend camping ticket, if anyone is interested give me a shout. Face value.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Other than Daft Punk, every Rockness headliner has already played at T

It's meant to be a good festival though, I've had a lot of friends go up to it and say that it's really friendly and a cracking weekend. I'll try and get to it one of these times when I can blag some freebies
    RockNess ****s on T in the park.

Been to both rockness far better IMO easier to get around, get a drink, campsite closer to everything, atmosphere fat better. And the scenery is amazing.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    If there is any truth in the rumour that Noely G has agreed to play T acoustically and will be announced tomorrow, I hate every single one of you who will be in attendance!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    If there is any truth in the rumour that Noely G has agreed to play T acoustically and will be announced tomorrow, I hate every single one of you who will be in attendance!
    I'm surprised you're not going just for Beady Eye!

I heard the Noel G rumour too, but can't see him doing it when Liam's there.

if there is any truth in the rumour that noely g has agreed to play t acoustically and will be announced tomorrow, i hate every single one of you who will be in attendance!

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

This.

Iv been to the last 8 or 9 and the level of jakiness has went through the roof, last 5 years iv avoided the main campsite and used Lethangie and last year Tangerine fields which is where il be again this year. Much more chilled and cleaner and not the threat of radge weegies running about with axes as iv witnessed in previous years!!
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

I second that. Would be awesome

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    I would be ridiculously jealous of anyone there. But I honestly cannot see it. The first solo Noel performance will be when he's touring after his album release imo.

But hey, if he is there, hopefully I'm working wherever he performs. Rather than being a reveller this year, I'm going as security!

Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    This.

Iv been to the last 8 or 9 and the level of jakiness has went through the roof, last 5 years iv avoided the main campsite and used Lethangie and last year Tangerine fields which is where il be again this year. Much more chilled and cleaner and not the threat of radge weegies running about with axes as iv witnessed in previous years!!
    Im a Lethangie regular. How does it compare to Tangerine Fields (Cost and other wise)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Takalua View Post
    I heard the Noel G rumour too, but can't see him doing it when Liam's there.
    Suggestions are he'd be playing on the Friday, with Beady Eye confirmed for Sunday so that shouldn't be a problem.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Suggestions are he'd be playing on the Friday, with Beady Eye confirmed for Sunday so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Would have made sense.

Looks like nothing to do with T got announced at his press conference today though.