hibs.net Messageboard

Kings of Leon at murrayfield

Right I've seen KOL several times from there first album. Last night was the best they've been in years and whilst I don't like there new stuff, sex on fire etc they were really good and got the crowd going.

Anyway for me a good day was ruined by the amateur organisation at murrayfield.
    Took us half an hour to get onto the pitch from the top of the stairs. (just like tryin to get out the east stand at er)
    They had hundreds of people trying to exit Up the same narrow stair case as thousands were getting in. This led to numerous scuffles and I seen a young woman bein laid out by a big bear of a guy, all because of an arguement about getting in/out.
    This is obviously not on nut could have easily been avoided had they mad an stair for exiting and a stair for entry. They had 1 single steward on the staircase trying to sort it out and it was just carnage.

Half way through the gig I thought I'd nip out for more refreshments. Bad mistake. There was no q for the beers but I wasn't allowed back in because 'there are too many people on the pitch' WTF!?!

I walked round to another entry at the other side and eventually got back to where I left my pals 45 mins earlier.

I don't know if it was the same plans for Bon jovi, maybe it worked fo that but last night was horrific.

2. Log in to remove the advert

At the Bon Jovi gig they were making everyone with standing tickets come onto the pitch via the South Stand. We tried to come down one of the stairs close to the stage but the steward wouldnt let us on and insisted we had to go round via the South. We were fine to leave the stadium for drinks, etc by any of the stairs though.

I was a bit hacked off at the time as I had gold circle tickets so had to walk from the back of the stadium to get into the circle but I can see why they had done that now from your post.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Yes, initially people were getting in and out of the pitch from the stairwells and the disabled tunnel by the stage. Then the area of the pitch by the tunnel becaume congested and with so many flocking in and out the tunnel was closed.

The stewards and security on the floor dont have the authority to change things as they please so had to wait to get the go ahead from control to allow the system of in through the stairs and out through the tunnel to go ahead (what happened for Bon Jovi I believe) and things got a fair bit easier from there.

You were one of quite a few unfortunate people who must have got out through the tunnel before it was closed and came back when it was shut/exit only.
    Mon the Hibs.