hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FOI is for public organisations funded by the taxpayer, Hearts are a private company.

Why not read the transcripts of the court case first if you are so concerned with the the information?

People are going on like this is an injustice along the lines of the Birmingham 6 or something. All that has happened is that a seedy little man from Bonnyrigg has been massaging his underdeveloped ego by grooming underage girls for sex.

He has been supported by his employers, who think he deserves a second chance. Their decision is out of line with the feelings of most people. Particularly those on this web site, who are even more angry because his employers are Hearts.

I think the only excuse they can make is to say there were mitigating circumstances. So be it, clearly there were or the guy would be in jail.

Of course there are shades of grey when it comes to these offences, however - he should have known better. So perhaps the mitigation is that he just isn't very bright.

I think the best policy is to let events take their natural course. Fans and other players will sort this guy out, and I would think his career would be over in less than 6 months.
    You could, but I think it's a cat's chance in hell once supporters and other players get a hold of him. His form will dip and he'll lose his place. He then has to spend the rest of his days living in the area as a well known pervert.

In time, the story will grow legs, and every numpty wanting to make a name for himself will be round putting jobbies through his door and letting down his tires.

As well as that he will have to make regular visits to the guys that monitor sex offenders who will want to know EVERYTHING he has been up to. It's not going to be easy at all for CT.

As for Hearts, if they had just played the humanitarian card, said that it was a terrible thing the guy did, that he is truly sorry and had let things get truly out of hand, then they might seem to be doing the right thing. But trying to blame everyone but Hearts is just so typical of them.

I have to say it's some of the righteous indignation that's starting to make me puke. The guy has been dealt with by the courts, if people think the legal system is too lax, they should be going to their MSP, not a football website.
    Two posts that are 100% correct. HoMFC have made their decsion and they and CT are going to have to live with it. Football fans will hound him out of the game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    FOI is for public organisations funded by the taxpayer, Hearts are a private company.

Why not read the transcripts of the court case first if you are so concerned with the the information?

People are going on like this is an injustice along the lines of the Birmingham 6 or something. All that has happened is that a seedy little man from Bonnyrigg has been massaging his underdeveloped ego by grooming underage girls for sex.

He has been supported by his employers, who think he deserves a second chance. Their decision is out of line with the feelings of most people. Particularly those on this web site, who are even more angry because his employers are Hearts.

I think the only excuse they can make is to say there were mitigating circumstances. So be it, clearly there were or the guy would be in jail.

Of course there are shades of grey when it comes to these offences, however - he should have known better. So perhaps the mitigation is that he just isn't very bright.

I think the best policy is to let events take their natural course. Fans and other players will sort this guy out, and I would think his career would be over in less than 6 months.
    "All that has happened" - would you use the same phrase in a conversation with the girls' mothers?

Maybe we're angrier than most because he's a hearts player - but the story is sufficiently interesting to the rest of the uk for the story to be right up there in the bbc's most read list - and I don't think that's because it's a make you feel good story.

And there were no mitigating circumstances. You've swallowed vlad's story hook, line and sinker. The courts decided that the deserved punishment wasn't jail. Many seem to disagree, but nowhere have mitigating circumstances been mentioned (other than by quotes on romanov), other than on that seedy club's website.

And personally, I'm getting really, really sick of the mitigating circumstances line being glibly quoted by all sorts of media, without ridiculing it for what it is, which is an excuse by romanov to avoid missing cashing in on thomson's talent (his football one) at some point in the future.

There were no mitigating circumstances. The court decided on thomson's punishment on the evidence they had. They didn't say "we won't give you the jail, because there were mitigating circumstances".

And anyone who suggests that there were probably make the victims and their families feel a whole lot worse.
    Last edited by clerriehibs; 26-06-2011 at 10:26 AM.

the Beast's in for a nightmare!

i'll bet that he's never chosen to play in a derby at Easter Road.

reading what he said, i cannot believe he's still trying to shift blame on "outside influences". Stand up and be a man FFS. The judge has made a decision yet the little perv is trying to fool everyone by blaming others. Maybe he shouldnt have turned his PC on? (just a thought)

Hail the Mafia !
    Last edited by Hibernia Na Eir; 26-06-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    "All that has happened" - would you use the same phrase in a conversation with the girls' mothers?

And there were no mitigating circumstances. You've swallowed vlad's story hook, line and sinker. The courts decided that the deserved punishment wasn't jail. Many seem to disagree, but nowhere have mitigating circumstances been mentioned (other than by quotes on romanov), other than on that seedy club's website.

There were no mitigating circumstances. The court decided on thomson's punishment on the evidence they had. They didn't say "we won't give you the jail, because there were mitigating circumstances".

And anyone who suggests that there were probably make the victims and their families feel a whole lot worse.

100% with this.

FFS the girl was TWELVE years old!!

How CAN there be any mitigating circumstances when a TWELVE year old involved !!??

Thomson belongs in the sewers, and his actions are indefensible.

However, before we all get on our moral high horses when it comes to Hertz, while Romanov is an absolutle nut job and he has brought incalculable shame on Hearts by his sttement and refusal to sack Thomson, it is the individual that is the criminal..I'm just thakful that he didnt sign for us - his behaviour woulnt háve been any different if he was a Hertz, Hibs Falkirk or Cowdenbeath player.

And there is no room at ANY club, for the likes of him.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I have to say it's some of the righteous indignation that's starting to make me puke.
    For once, I think people genuinely have the right to be indignant about this, (although I think your use of the word "righteous" implies insincerity which is unfounded, imo).

I've seen people on here becoming incandescent with rage about refereeing decisions and kick off times and transfer fees and Kevin Thomson's career choices and many other frankly trivial matters.

This is a footballer who has been grooming 12 year old children for sex. It would be a sad indictment if there wasn't anger.

I'm already utterly fed up of Scottish football. The bigotry and small mindedness is helping to make me turn my back on a sport which I have followed religiously for over 40 years.

If this player isn't sacked for gross mis-conduct, what else does it say about out our game? About our country.

I won't be party to something which condones child abuse. Sport, ffs!

I'm sorry if any of that makes you puke.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    100% with this.

FFS the girl was TWELVE years old!!

How CAN there be any mitigating circumstances when a TWELVE year old involved !!??

Thomson belongs in the sewers, and his actions are indefensible.

However, before we all get on our moral high horses when it comes to Hertz, while Romanov is an absolutle nut job and he has brought incalculable shame on Hearts by his sttement and refusal to sack Thomson, it is the individual that is the criminal..I'm just thakful that he didnt sign for us - his behaviour woulnt háve been any different if he was a Hertz, Hibs Falkirk or Cowdenbeath player.

And there is no room at ANY club, for the likes of him.
    I agree with you, but the point is that any other club would have sacked him.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Any club with a modicum of integrity, unfortunately hertz have no integrity, Edinburgh's shame
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

It's not going to be long before we're accused of points scoring at a pretty low level. Especially regarding Jeffries to quit. Thompson really deserves to get a torrid time for this, his life will be in shreds hopefully. But all the coverage will just add to the woe of the victims and their families who will no doubt just want this all to go away.

Sex offenders don't tend to get the jail in this country and not normally for a great length of time even for the gravest of crimes. Mainly because of the offender management system, the register. What's worse as a person who has probably never came to police attention before, hiding away in Jail or having to face people everyday knowing that they know your a beast? Public humiliation at it's best.

Would be interesting to see if the conditions of his probation are to stay away from youth institutions. I.e Tynie

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eganov View Post
    It's not going to be long before we're accused of points scoring at a pretty low level. Especially regarding Jeffries to quit. Thompson really deserves to get a torrid time for this, his life will be in shreds hopefully. But all the coverage will just add to the woe of the victims and their families who will no doubt just want this all to go away.

Sex offenders don't tend to get the jail in this country and not normally for a great length of time even for the gravest of crimes. Mainly because of the offender management system, the register. What's worse as a person who has probably never came to police attention before, hiding away in Jail or having to face people everyday knowing that they know your a beast? Public humiliation at it's best.

Would be interesting to see if the conditions of his probation are to stay away from youth institutions. I.e Tynie
    Jeffries won't quit. He was part of the investigation that identified these so called mitigating circumstances. Not only did fat Jim know, his club have stated through the scotsman that he was complicit in the decision to harbour the nonce.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not just 'any other club' but any other employer in both the public and private sector would have shown him the door.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in any other thread, but the story is the headline news this morning on Radio 5Live.

Vlad's rants ain't deflected the story from the front pages!

Blog Entries
    Where there's muck there's brass. Sums up the whole Jambo premise on this one.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not wanting to cheapen the point of this but, VR didn't care what the fans thought when GB was hooked when the were top of the league and on fire, didn't care when three players made a stance against him including SP who will quite rightly go down as one of HOMFC's greatest captains. Nor when Rix was offered up as a world class manager. A dictator does what he wants as no one has the power to stand against him. Even if 75% of HOMFC fans never went back, i don't think that would make any difference. Their books don't balance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Its wierd that he refers to himself as the first minister, he will be using the royal "we" next.

As for the CT situation it just gets worse for Hearts each day, I can't imagine how angry the girls parents must be
    its weird how you missed the words "A Spokesman said" so I think someone else is talking the royal wee

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    [QUOTE=Sergey®;2841444]Not just 'any other club' but any other employer in both the public and private sector would have shown him the door.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in any other thread, but the story is the headline news this morning on Radio 5Live.

Vlad's rants ain't deflected the story from the front pages![/QUOTE]

I think its actually highlighted it even more and ppl who have no interest in football have now had it drawn to their attention.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    As filled rolls has pointed out, this little cretin's footballing career wont last very long as there will be other pro footballers with children of there own who will be all to willing to break his ****ing legs!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

As for Hearts, if they had just played the humanitarian card, said that it was a terrible thing the guy did, that he is truly sorry and had let things get truly out of hand, then they might seem to be doing the right thing. But trying to blame everyone but Hearts is just so typical of them.

absolutely appaling

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    its weird how you missed the words "A Spokesman said" so I think someone else is talking the royal wee
    yeah, read on a few posts and you will notice i did own up to missing that

Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    I think some of the outrage is coloured by the fact it has happened at HoMFC which has put additional venom into some of the language which does the situation no good.
    The facts are bad enough.

It's unusual for an offender to retain their employment status as it breaches the code of conduct for employees and company principles.

CT will be managed by the police and other organisations under the MAPPA umbrella and conditions will be put in place, just how he manages those conditions will of course depend on what they are.

That Hearts have chosen to allow this persons employment to continue will bring others into the argument who usually have little to do with football.
    There will be Hearts supporters who will boycott. this story wont go away.
    Of course, there will be point scoring. What has happened is extraordinary. It's provided a big stick with which to beat our rivals and the opportunity won't be miissed.

To be honest, I hadn't realised the extent of Thomson's depravity when I first posted on the subject but as the facts emerge, the sense of injustice grows.

The words and actions of Jim Jeffereies and the supporters mouthpiece, Derek Watson - condoning the crimes of a convicted child sex criminal - beggar belief.

Left by mutual consent!
    Of course, there will be point scoring. What has happened is extraordinary. It's provided a big stick with which to beat our rivals and the opportunity won't be miissed.

To be honest, I hadn't realised the extent of Thomson's depravity when I first posted on the subject but as the facts emerge, the sense of injustice grows.

The words and actions of Jim Jeffereies and the supporters mouthpiece, Derek Watson - condoning the crimes of a convicted child sex criminal - beggar belief.
    ....and those comments are recorded, noted and filed away for future reference.

I only know of one other club that's involved a sex-offender; that being Coventry City with Marlon King.

The Yams probably top that league with two.

I think every right-minded individual should contact HoMFC's sponsors and ask them to rethink their association with the club.

The damage has been done and the directors and staffs comments should be passed-on so they are fully aware of who and what they are investing their monies in.

@hibs.net private member
    The actions (or rather inaction) of Hearts in failing to dismiss CT over this seem pretty indefensible to me - it's plain as the nose on your face that Romanov wants to retain the option of cashing in on this player rather than doing the decent thing and sacking him. The "mitigating circumstances" stuff from Jeffries (surely confirming him forever more as FJK) and the fan's chairman is just so much hogwash and the curious outburst from Romanov merely confirms previous observations that the man is as mad as a bag of snakes.

IMO this will rebound on the Yams and that is exactly what they deserve. Decent Hearts fans will quite possibly boycott the club, oposition fans the length and breadth of the country will give CT a 90 min roasting whenever he appears, and his teammates will surely be as sickened as anyone else - what's the bet certain players will refuse to pass the ball to him for example???

The end result IMO will be that FJK will end up being reluctant to play the player and he'll end up being a waste of a wage, thereby eating into any profit Hearts hope to make from selling him down the line. Meanwhile Hearts will have missed the opportunity to minimise the bad publicity and will underline their status as THE premier footballing haven for under age sex offenders in the UK. Oh what a lovely club eh?!?

Of course, there will be point scoring. What has happened is extraordinary. It's provided a big stick with which to beat our rivals and the opportunity won't be miissed.To be honest, I hadn't realised the extent of Thomson's depravity when I first posted on the subject but as the facts emerge, the sense of injustice grows.

It should be missed though - by a mile. I can't understand the thinking of some people, that proclaim disgust at an act, but thinks it alright to trivialises it as a means to goad their football rivals. This is very close to hypocrisy to me. The interest in it verges on the salacious.
    Last edited by sahib; 26-06-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    The actions (or rather inaction) of Hearts in failing to dismiss CT over this seem pretty indefensible to me - it's plain as the nose on your face that Romanov wants to retain the option of cashing in on this player rather than doing the decent thing and sacking him. The "mitigating circumstances" stuff from Jeffries (surely confirming him forever more as FJK) and the fan's chairman is just so much hogwash and the curious outburst from Romanov merely confirms previous observations that the man is as mad as a bag of snakes.

IMO this will rebound on the Yams and that is exactly what they deserve. Decent Hearts fans will quite possibly boycott the club, oposition fans the length and breadth of the country will give CT a 90 min roasting whenever he appears, and his teammates will surely be as sickened as anyone else - what's the bet certain players will refuse to pass the ball to him for example???

The end result IMO will be that FJK will end up being reluctant to play the player and he'll end up being a waste of a wage, thereby eating into any profit Hearts hope to make from selling him down the line. Meanwhile Hearts will have missed the opportunity to minimise the bad publicity and will underline their status as THE premier footballing haven for under age sex offenders in the UK. Oh what a lovely club eh?!?
    Mail journo Ronnie MacKay slating the Yams on sickback for defending Thomson, one apparently saying the 12yr was more MATURE than she made out!!!!!!!!
    absolute ****bags

http://twitter.com/#!/RonnieMacKay

Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    It should be missed though - by a mile. I can't understand the thinking of some people, that proclaim disgust at an act, but thinks it alright to trivialises it as a means to goad their football rivals. This is very close to hypocrisy to me. The interest in it verges on the salacious.
    Hearts have failed to deal with a particularly vile criminal in their midst.

It's neither hypocritical nor salacious to critisise them for their (lack of) action.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    It's not just the fact Hearts have stood by and not sacked him it's the fact that they've outright tried to shift the blame and somehow made out poor old CT is the victim here.

This isn't point scoring, this transcends rivalries, everybody including Hearts fans themselves (Derek Whathischops aside) are disgusted by Hearts actions.

Hearts need to have a good long look at themselves. A simple apology would help, and not the half assed one CT released which didn't even apologise to the victims.

If this story had only been about the one indecent photograph being sent to somone who was under the age of 16, Thomson had apologised and said he didn't realise how young the girl is, he will take whatever punishment is coming to him, then that IMHO, would have been fair enough....

This however has turned out to be a very sick individual grooming a 12 yr old lassie for sex - from the victim and the mother's statements it's difficult to see it any other way.

How HMFC can continue to employee this beast is beyond me; do they have any values at all?

Left by mutual consent!
    Interesting that Berwick Rangers immediately sack their U-17 Captain for some daft comment on Twitter about Neil Lennon, yet Hertz defend a player found guilty in a court for grooming a 12 and 14 year old girl for sex.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13150928.stm

This is one of the most read stories on the BBC News site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-13918842

First time I've been compelled to stick my tuppence worth in here for years:

Rooney up for Dad of the year. Gerrard lamps DJ's. Giggs up to astonishing shenanigans.

Henry hand balls France to the World Cup finals where they further disgrace themselves. To say nothing of the view most people have of the governing body FIFA.

Did I hear Rangers have had 21 strips in the last 7 years. Whilst wages are through the roof, fans cant even afford to attend to watch the mediocrity on offer and most clubs are on the brink of bankruptcy anyway. Rangers apparently being worth £1. Oh for a Sauzee or a Latapy or even a Zitelli.

Two Edinburgh footballers on drugs raps. U21 Edinburgh footballer gets face smashed in by team mate in training ground bust up. And now the Thomson thing. I'm surprised how many Hibs fans are using this to beat Jambo's. Yes the subsequent HMFC stance is putred, but CT could be at any club and we don't know how that club would react. You would hope they'd do the right thing, but we don't know. Money talks. Lets be careful when we throw stones, who knows which team has players who are up to equally heinous activities.

It seems so hard to watch football now. How can you take your kids to support Giggs, or Thomson etc. Not only that but you are expected to pay these guys silly amounts so that they can sit in the bookies all day, casino all night or write off their supercar on the way home.

With the Thomson situation, the more that comes out, the worse it gets. Reoffending rates for crimes is high enough in most categories to lead one to suspect that 100% of his activity has not come to light especially if seemingly accurate quotes in the Sunday Mail/Daily Record are correct (more than 1 other girl at the cop shop, he's only been done for 2, and the fact that one of them felt she couldn't tell anyone what he was like, how many others are sadly in the same boat?). As has been asked already, does anyone believe this is the turning point where CT decides never to pursue illegal subjects ever again. In my limited understanding of these types, they are likely to simply become yet more devious and dangerous. I don't have a clue how to stop or contain them or even if you can.

I doubt anyone thinks the decision to retain CT and the author of that unbelievable statement came from anyone other than VR. But anyone else connected with HMFC, from the board, to JJ, to the players become complicit if they stay on. Fridays statements are still fresh and I bet there has been a lot of soul searching by many maroon employees this weekend. Green tinted specs aside, its obvious the majority of people from all sides abhor the HMFC stance. With the media coverage including relevant charity spokespeople getting involved, I think public opinion will inevitably force VR's hand and CT will find himself watching his back in the dole queue very soon.
    Last edited by The Raiser; 26-06-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Incorrect assumption in original article

This is one of the most read stories on the BBC News site.
    It's currently the second most read story on the BBC site

Quote Originally Posted by The Raiser View Post
    The Zemmama situation has had a mention, so lets be careful when we throw stones, who knows which team has players who are up to equally heinous activities
    What's the 'Zemmama situation'?