hibs.net Messageboard

Currency..best deals at the moment ?

Going to Turkey on Sunday ..where's the best deal pound to Turkish Lira at the moment ..?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I wouldnt change a lot of money into lira, you can use sterling, dollars and euros there plus there are loads of cash machines(depending where you are) we have been loads of times and just took english notes the last time. Mind you have to pay £10 each to get into the country

Testimonial Due Little Miss Perfect's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: maybe no
    M&S are doing 2.47 lira to the £ just now. Try the Post Office too they sometimes do good deals(just checked they are offering 2.46)

We bought some a couple months ago from BUPA and got 2.53.

The rate over there at the moment is anything between 2.50 to 2.60 which is really good,so take English money and change over there,we always do that.

Have a fabby time! We've not long booked for Icmeler too, for next year
    Last edited by Little Miss Perfect; 13-06-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldnt change a lot of money into lira, you can use sterling, dollars and euros there plus there are loads of cash machines(depending where you are) we have been loads of times and just took english notes the last time. Mind you have to pay £10 each to get into the country
    Yeah, this is our 5th time in Turkey ..Wife ironing the Ten spots as we speak ..

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Perfect View Post
    M&S are doing 2.47 lira to the £ just now. Try the Post Office too they sometimes do good deals(just checked they are offering 2.46)

We bought some a couple months ago from BUPA and got 2.53.

The rate over there at the moment is anything between 2.50 to 2.60 which is really good,so take English money and change over there,we always do that.

Have a fabby time! We've not long booked for Icmeler too, for next year
    Thanks J..that rate seems to be good ..always take both ..lira & English notes anyway ...

Ps ..we will leave Icmiler clean & tidy for you ..

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Going to Turkey on Sunday ..where's the best deal pound to Turkish Lira at the moment ..?
    Just back from Kas HH and i used these guys before i left -

http://www.travelfx.co.uk/?gclid=CIW...FQRP4QodqT9LCw

Currently 2.51 but if your leaving on Sunday it might leave it a bit tight for delivery, they say next day but it's dependent on you transferring money to their account, may be ok if you have a faster payment option with internet banking.

We were also in Kas last September and the rate was about 2.2 (not so good) so i was using this site to monitor the rates (geeky or what) -

http://www.exchange-rates.org/history/TRY/GBP/G/30

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    Just back from Kas HH and i used these guys before i left -

http://www.travelfx.co.uk/?gclid=CIW...FQRP4QodqT9LCw

Currently 2.51 but if your leaving on Sunday it might leave it a bit tight for delivery, they say next day but it's dependent on you transferring money to their account, may be ok if you have a faster payment option with internet banking.

We were also in Kas last September and the rate was about 2.2 (not so good) so i was using this site to monitor the rates (geeky or what) -

http://www.exchange-rates.org/history/TRY/GBP/G/30

Enjoy.
    Good stuff EH ..thanks for the info ....

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    No1 for Currency are always good for rates. There is a shop just outside the Princes' mall entrance near Waverley. I used them for bulgarian levy a couple of weeks ago and they were way better than most places.
    Hibernian Football Club

Testimonial Due Little Miss Perfect's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: maybe no
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    No1 for Currency are always good for rates. There is a shop just outside the Princes' mall entrance near Waverley. I used them for bulgarian levy a couple of weeks ago and they were way better than most places.
    Yeah i've used them before too, HH i think there is a branch in Portobello might be worth giving them a try