hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar

Why so much hostility?

I have been reading a lot of very depressing posts recently - full of hostility towards any and everyone.

When I was young neither of my parents we football fans so I would be taken along by other friends and family to , tynecaste, meadowbank, easter road and park head on the odd occasions.

Though I did make a decision at one point to support Hearts and got a strip. Though at about the age of 12 or 13, I went with a cousin to Easter road to watch a 0-0 game against Raith and fell in love with Hibs - cause the fans I was sitting next to were all good humoured and were there for a laugh.

I then went through my teenage years (the ones where you love to hate someone cause it gives you some identity) and shouted with vitriol at all other fans from the terraces - as if my Hibee mates and I were somehow superior to other people.

I am pleased to say I have mellowed and it now really grates me to watch grown men show so much anger towards other fans. I just wish they would channel their efforts to being funny.

The SPL experience would be 100 times better if this was the case.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by McVey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been reading a lot of very depressing posts recently - full of hostility towards any and everyone.

When I was young neither of my parents we football fans so I would be taken along by other friends and family to , tynecaste, meadowbank, easter road and park head on the odd occasions.

Though I did make a decision at one point to support Hearts and got a strip. Though at about the age of 12 or 13, I went with a cousin to Easter road to watch a 0-0 game against Raith and fell in love with Hibs - cause the fans I was sitting next to were all good humoured and were there for a laugh.

I then went through my teenage years (the ones where you love to hate someone cause it gives you some identity) and shouted with vitriol at all other fans from the terraces - as if my Hibee mates and I were somehow superior to other people.

I am pleased to say I have mellowed and it now really grates me to watch grown men show so much anger towards other fans. I just wish they would channel their efforts to being funny.

I cannot tell you how red with rage this has made me!! Tolerance?? Tolerance you're suggesting??!! Tolerance to another human being when they dare to support another football team?? Crazy.

(but we Hibees are superior, we all know that )

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tell us a joke then.......

Left by mutual consent! Rougier45's Avatar
    This forum is full of angry idiots who in real life wouldnt say boo to a goose but under the annoniminity of the internet can spout of a lot abuse to all and sundry who dont agree with their warped thought process.

This type of cyber bullying has increased over the last few years and for that reason I am out of here--no more posting pour moi.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessenhibee View Post
    This forum is full of angry idiots who in real life wouldnt say boo to a goose but under the annoniminity of the internet can spout of a lot abuse to all and sundry who dont agree with their warped thought process.

This type of cyber bullying has increased over the last few years and for that reason I am out of here--no more posting pour moi.
    Come over here and say that you f******g w******........

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Come over here and say that you f******g w******........
    Shut yer puss!

Mon then, I'll take all of yous on.

All of you GTF ASAP!!!!

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

LTYF

I pay my money for a season ticket and Im a PM on here if I want to be angry and show anger to all fans then thats my perogative thats why I pay my cash. Dont you dare come on here and tell me to mellow. Would you be brave enough to say that to my face. GGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kojock; 27-05-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Tell us a joke then.......
    you missed my point. I want to pay for other people to make be laugh.

So you hide behind your keyboard & complain about cyber bullies spouting abuse but you call folk on here angry idiots !!! ... ...

Deary me ...

I think the older days of mainly terracings helped generate better atmosphere and fun around grounds, this sitting down pish, makes human nature feel like we are at the cinema or something and are 'waiting to be entertained' and the fact they are not, they get humpty........just an opinion.

I stand at games watching my local team, who are no better than hibs, as equally frustrating, yet there's never any negativity from the crowd, constant singing and support for the whole game. How it should be.

try a comedy club then? mibbie that's where you're going wrong?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    If its entertainment you want can I quote a rather rotund manager from a decade or so ago and "go to the cinema"

Blog Entries
    Surely the current Hibs team provide enough comedy moments for you

Well go to the ***** comedy club then instead of boring us with sh••• posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    I think the older days of mainly terracings helped generate better atmosphere and fun around grounds, this sitting down pish, makes human nature feel like we are at the cinema or something and are 'waiting to be entertained' and the fact they are not, they get humpty........just an opinion.

I stand at games watching my local team, who are no better than hibs, as equally frustrating, yet there's never any negativity from the crowd, constant singing and support for the whole game. How it should be.
    I'll agree with that.

The prices we pay also being a factor. If fans are paying £22 which is alot of money and the team aren't trying, playing s***e etc, fans are rightly gonna get pissed off due to the top dollar they've paid (Hamilton v Hibs a few weeks back for example), if for example it was only a tenner, your expectations aren't as high, thus less fussed about the outcome.

This internet mass media day in age doesn't help aswell. Forums like these give people an outlet to spout nonsense and pick up on any slight mistake made by a player. We're also constantly getting the top quality fitba rammed down out throats every day like the Premier League and Champions League, so when Wetherspoon isn't playing like Messi, Brown isn't playing like Van Der Sar and Miller isn't playing like Lampard, people start going off their nuts! You actually here people trying to compare the SPL to top leagues down south and abroad. Mental!

Your comment above would hold more weight if you hadn't just recently spat the dummy out because 3/4 of Hibs.net disagreed with your sentiments about Hibs and Celtic being cut from the same cloth.

Take it on the chin, deal with it and move on.

No need to be a wee girls blouse about it.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Your comment above would hold more weight if you hadn't just recently spat the dummy out because 3/4 of Hibs.net disagreed with your sentiments about Hibs and Celtic being cut from the same cloth.

Great reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post

He's spot on.

Even a few years ago he would never have taken all that. It's to do with more people joining and the mob mentality. There's still no need to leave though.

...Anyway, I'm off to another thread to declare my intention to leave for good.

Please read it.

Well pay your tenner and become a private members, there are loads of jokers in there

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Well go to the ***** comedy club then instead of boring us with sh••• posts
    your post made me laugh, well done...do you polish shoes as well? I need a chap to do that for me as well.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    It is the grit in the oyster that makes the pearl.

Tossers

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    It is the grit in the oyster that makes the pearl.

Not according to QI!
    Mind you they have managed to establish themselves as official dispellers of myths and purveyors of truth, so they could probably tell us any old tom kite and it would be treated as gosple.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Football represents the triablism in human nature. As long as it doesn't go OTT and is done and dusted after the 90 minutes is up its probably quite a healthy release. IMO of course.

If the opposition players or fans for that matter deserve abuse then that's fair enough but if it's done just to draw attention to yourself then that's a different matter.

I'm saying that because I had the displeasure of sitting behind a Hibs fan (last game of last season at Easter Road against the huns) in the FF lower who every minute or so got off his seat, waving his hands in the air, and ran all the way down to the goals to give McGregor dogs abuse. Before anyone says "Why didn't you say something to him instead of posting it on here" well I did. After about half and hour of him ranting and raving and generally spoiling my view and p*ssing me off I told him to shut up take a seat. Not surprisingly I got the abuse instead of McGregor but I can take it. I think he just liked the attention that he was getting from his mates and other Hibs fans around him. I even think he was sober so couldn't have been the fault of alcohol.

At half time I changed seats to get as far away from him as possible but even from a distance I could see that he was still up to his old tricks. Instead of McGregor (who was a bit too far away) he turned his attention to any of the hun players who were within shouting distance.

Attention seeker and :asshole:

Rant over.