hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Modern media spin already has it as preferred choice of supporters

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/to...t39.6772863.jp

Hertz fans 'ready to accept' a historic move.

Of course they are - they just bend over and blindly accept whatever Vlad tells them to do. 125 years of tradition ready to go up in smoke and there's not a set of baws between them to speak out against it.

What a bunch of spineless welts

2. Log in to remove the advert

This thread could double my post count overnight.

Lifted from the kickback

A capacity of 30k is about right for us, we need to be bigger than hibs and aberdeen and also to be able to play internationals
    not that long ago we had 18k every week with thousands on waiting list. The only reason Hearts dont attract bigger crowds is down to success
    and the league we are in, not to mention pricing. Put Hearts in English premiership and we would fill 30k no problem, we have a bigger support than the likes of Bolton and Blackpool put together,take those two clubs as an example they would be down to 8 and 10k crowds after a coouple of bad seasons in the championship like middlesbrough.

To fill the stadium Hearts and other clubs need to be realistic about pricing, it's way too expensive to watch football in
    this country.

On another note about the stadium, i would like to see a sliding roof over any new stadium in an ideal world.

The sliding roof idea I would go along with so long as it is able to contain the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I think a lot of Yams will disappointed that there is no mention of special facilities for sex offenders or war heroes.
    Will there be a powder room where staff can ingest substances of their choice?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Lifted from the kickback

A capacity of 30k is about right for us, we need to be bigger than hibs and aberdeen and also to be able to play internationals
    not that long ago we had 18k every week with thousands on waiting list. The only reason Hearts dont attract bigger crowds is down to success
    and the league we are in, not to mention pricing. Put Hearts in English premiership and we would fill 30k no problem, we have a bigger support than the likes of Bolton and Blackpool put together,take those two clubs as an example they would be down to 8 and 10k crowds after a coouple of bad seasons in the championship like middlesbrough.

To fill the stadium Hearts and other clubs need to be realistic about pricing, it's way too expensive to watch football in
    this country.

On another note about the stadium, i would like to see a sliding roof over any new stadium in an ideal world.

The sliding roof idea I would go along with so long as it is able to contain the smell.
    A permanent roof and airlocks on all entrance/exits would be better

Lifted from the kickback

this country.

They are all barking , thank god for the yams to brighten up a boring close season .

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    40m new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    A permanent roof and airlocks on all entrance/exits would be better

The guy gets my vote for the "No Sh*t Sherlock Holmes Award for 2011"

The only reason Hearts don't get bigger crowds is because of the lack of success and the league they are in.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar

Lifted from the kickback:

This is the crux of the matter for the yams. "We need to be bigger than Hibs..."

They should have it on the gates above the new stadium.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar

Lifted from the kickback

this country.

Okay, who's going to own up to doing this ?.....c'mon gotta be one of us...
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

How would you prefer to travel to a new stadium? Please tick the boxes to indicate the forms of transport which you are most likely to use.

Walk
    Car
    Bicycle
    Public bus
    Private bus
    Minibus
    Tram
    Train

Well it's no happening soon then.

Where's the Easyjet option?

This thread should go in the vault for future generations to see. I would put it under "Comedy Gold"
    I opted for helicopter. Lets get them to spend even more money on something that won't get used... Well they bloody started it by offering a 40k stadium option lol.

Whats happened to the proposed £50million stand of megladon!

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    A library? At the New Tynecastle? Who is going to use that?
    anyone that wants to sift through their extensive back collection of the beano and the racing post, i imagine

Saw a design competition on kb a while back ..this was a Shaun Lawson's effort ..easty.jpg

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Gotta love the logic...

Bigger stadium = more revenue. Assuming they'll have 30k crowds each week then?

Concerts and the like will come. Oh will they?

Seems a lot of pretty basic assumptions to me...
    Even if they did look at the cost to us of Elton John's stage wrecking our pitch!!!

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    You can bet a lot of those useless moronic councillors at City of Edinburgh Council will be pulling out all the stops for their beloved Yams.

Have yet to see a question relating to 100 or 60 watt lighbulb option for their fabulous new, non-existent, ground.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Duly filled in including ticks for library, conference centre and cinema and a new location in Fife
    I ticked that I didn't want any of these additional facilities.

Hearts will be looking for positives answers to those questions so that they can flog their proposals to the council, saying the facilities will be well used and therefore worth council investment.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Lifted from the kickback

this country.

Everyone should lobby their local council people and MPs...

It certainly must be an exciting time for the Hearts at the moment.

They are certainly now beginning to move in the right direction off the park as well as on the park.

How long will it be before they are so far in front of us that we will wake up and smell the coffee.

They could move into a stadium which is twice the size of wee Easter Road.
    Why will any of our kids/grandkids want to support Hibs in a few years when they can follow the Super Hearts.
    Edinburgh will soon be similar in terms of football to Bayern Munich/1860 Barcelona/Espanol Real Madrid/Athletico Madrid

Prepare yourselves guys we are doomed

or it could be another daft story

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    If you think that one was funny then wait until you read this one.

Surely it would be far more economical and financially beneficial to get SPL rules amended (in the financial interest of SPL football) so that we can play games with additional demand and larger capacity requirements at Murrayfield? If we played Rangers, Celtic & Hibs at Murrayfield plus any European ties we'd have all the extra capacity we'd need - we could still play the smaller attended games at Tynecastle - a new stadium in Edinburgh when there are already 1 very big one and 2 medium smaller ones seems to be an unneccesary capital spend?

So they now want two grounds and the rules changed. They truly are the big team. The penny hasn't dropped yet that Tynie just won't be an option.

The comedy gold continues. I'm off to see if I can find more gems over the road. Be back soon.

Those 2 posts sum up Hearts fans perfectly.

Their heads are no longer in the sand, they have been moved to up their own arse.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    [QUOTE=happyhibbie;2810605]Saw a design competition on kb a while back ..this was a Shaun Lawson's effort ..easty.jpg

What's that attachment name all about? I object to my name being linked in any way to that epic fail of a human being!

Coaching Staff
    Sorry, maybe I have missed the point... I'm slow off the mark and find it hard to keep up with the goings on at the Gorgie Farm: but wasn't the whole reason that Robinson was forced out because the fuds were worried about losing Tynecastle?

Now Romanov is suggesting it anyway, but dressing it up as being the SPL version of Eastlands or the Emirates? Or some kind of maroon wonderland? I mean, where in all of the questions is the option: No ta, Vlad. I like the current Tynecastle warts, nae bulbs, wooden stand and all.

Bottom line is that it looks like the entire reason that they made the faustian pact with Romanov is going to happen anyway...?

Left by mutual consent!
    If you think that one was funny then wait until you read this one.

Surely it would be far more economical and financially beneficial to get SPL rules amended (in the financial interest of SPL football) so that we can play games with additional demand and larger capacity requirements at Murrayfield? If we played Rangers, Celtic & Hibs at Murrayfield plus any European ties we'd have all the extra capacity we'd need - we could still play the smaller attended games at Tynecastle - a new stadium in Edinburgh when there are already 1 very big one and 2 medium smaller ones seems to be an unneccesary capital spend?

So they now want two grounds and the rules changed. They truly are the big team. The penny hasn't dropped yet that Tynie just won't be an option.

The comedy gold continues. I'm off to see if I can find more gems over the road. Be back soon.
    Special mention goes to the bloke that wants the retractable roof decorated with Vlad's face.
    Last edited by hibs0666; 23-05-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Deja vu ?

You have to check out this link and the timeline part for last time they talked about new stands and stadium..

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/Tynec...,10289,00.html

Plus one of the most bizarre photos ever

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/2...241749_1216908

Right, a joke is a joke but own up , who filled in the form and put down their name as Albert Kidd ?, they are not happy about this over the road.
    How about this roaster ?

"What's tragic is that they dont see it as us getting financially stronger and having a better stadium than their monstrosity. The see it as us Vlad trying to shaft us

The mind boggles "

We should realy feel sorry for them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    I opted for helicopter. Lets get them to spend even more money on something that won't get used... Well they bloody started it by offering a 40k stadium option lol.
    I went for tram

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Right, a joke is a joke but own up , who filled in the form and put down their name as Albert Kidd ?, they are not happy about this over the road.
    How about this roaster ?

"What's tragic is that they dont see it as us getting financially stronger and having a better stadium than their monstrosity. The see it as us Vlad trying to shaft us

The mind boggles "

We should realy feel sorry for them.
    There are none so blind as those that enjoy a good shafting from Uncle Vladimir...

A new stadium would only satisfy the traditionalists in the the Hearts support if it was made of asbestos. Anything else would stick in the throat, not to mention the lung.