hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Zemmama, Riordan, Fletcher & Brown

2. Log in to remove the advert

1) Latapy - I rank him before Sauzee just for the amount of skill and technical ability he had. A man who could turn a game on its head with a moment of magic. The way he ripped Hearts in the Millenium Derby and 6-2 game was a joy to behold and something I will never forget.

2) Sauzee - Pure class, on and off the field. Cultured, steady and with great vision and ability. He loved the club and the fans. Never lost against the Jambos. I still sometimes find it amazing that a man who won and the biggest club competition in the world joined Hibs whilst in the 1st Division still at the peak of his powers at 32.

3) David Murphy - Mowbrays best signing in my opinion. Reliable and great going forward as well as in defence. If he had that extra yard of pace we would never have seen this guy in a Hibs jersey, he would have been too busy showing Ashley Cole what its like to be Englands number one left back.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    From all the different generations I've watched Gordon Smith Joe Baker Pat Stanton John Collins Andy Goram Frank Sauzee but the best I have ever seen I would say that nobody could do some of the things that Willie Hamilton did on the football park , just a shame his head was on backwards when he came off the park.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Goram
    Sauzee
    Latapy
    Riordan
    Mcginlay
    Archibald

In what ever order you want.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    <---------------------------Him.

To close to call so between

Brownlie
    Cropley
    O'Rourke
    Stanton
    Edwards

Marinello would have been up there as well if he didn't disappear quicker than Shergar and Lord Lucan.

Goram, Sauzee, Stanton, McNamara, Latapy, Archibald, Collins, Ally McLeod, Brownlie, Paatelanien, Best.

Not many defenders there, but who cares?

Manager: Alex McLeish

Gordon Smith

Surprised some of my fellow old codgers haven't said Lawrie Reilly(class AND determination)

Joe Baker

Willie Hamilton

Pat Stanton

Neil Martin

Afraid George Best would struggle to get in the top 50-he only looked good because he was surrounded by mostly dross-his legs had gone.

Benny.....he had it all skill, commitment and the looks of a film star.....

On the other hand Franck, Latapy, JC and Leighton were jolly good players.

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Joe Tortolano
    Greg Miller
    David Farrell
    Eduardo Hurtado

All of them, and many more, couldn't compare to the class of Sauzee. One of a kind.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Best all round player would be King Paddy. But will always have a soft spot for Ally McLeod, he just seemed to move in slow motion leaving much faster and fitter players in his wake like a sort of Ninja Hippo.

Really hard question, so ......in no particular order.....

Pat Stanton

Franck Sauzee

Erich Schadler

Peter Cormack

John Connolly

Joe Baker

Jackie Macnamara [snr]

Alex " Mickey " Edwards [Still the best un-capped player Scoyland EVER produced]

Russell Latapy

So many more but will call a halt.

{The BEST however, was, without doubt..........St Patrick Stanton}

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    God.

First Team Breakthrough bournehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gordon Smith

Surprised some of my fellow old codgers haven't said Lawrie Reilly(class AND determination)

Joe Baker

Willie Hamilton

Pat Stanton

Neil Martin

Afraid George Best would struggle to get in the top 50-he only looked good because he was surrounded by mostly dross-his legs had gone.
    Sadly, never saw Gordon Smith in a Hibs jersey. The other four listed were the best I did get to see (would perhaps add in Jimmy O')

I saw Joe Baker for all of ten minutes in a pre-season friendly against Elgin City. So I'll say him.
    Otherwise Pat Stanton.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar
    As i haven't exactly witnessed the hibs at their best (I don't really remember the Sauzee days at all, although i was there) i cant really pick out of the biggest bunch of "players"

So for me it would have to be Brown, sheer creative genius and an electric right foot on him. For sheer moments of spontaneous class though, i would say Deeks in his first spell. I still remember watching him cut in from the right hand side against the yams, take the big touch and unleash the absolute missile into Gordon's far corner from thirty five yards. I also remember crying because i got such a fright from the scream of jubilation that followed. (I was only 5 or there abouts in my defence )

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CabbagePatch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As i haven't exactly witnessed the hibs at their best (I don't really remember the Sauzee days at all, although i was there) i cant really pick out of the biggest bunch of "players"

So for me it would have to be Brown, sheer creative genius and an electric right foot on him. For sheer moments of spontaneous class though, i would say Deeks in his first spell. I still remember watching him cut in from the right hand side against the yams, take the big touch and unleash the absolute missile into Gordon's far corner from thirty five yards. I also remember crying because i got such a fright from the scream of jubilation that followed. (I was only 5 or there abouts in my defence )

The best goal i have ever seen at Easter Road..East Terracing was bouncing when that went in ..Absolute screamer.

Testimonial Due
    Agree with the Paco Luna shout. 8 goals in 43 games means his contribution to our great club should never be underestimated.

Thanks for posting Paco.

I have already posted but surprised no has mentioned Marinello ? I cant really remember him to be honest.