hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ryan Flynn

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Ryan Flynn

Weren't we interested in this Falkirk boy?
    Now it's in paper that Hearts have made enquiries. Surprise surprise.

Do we get paid for doing Hearts scouting for them?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Was about to post the same thing. It's getting beyond a joke to be honest. We should keep our mouths shut and see if the Yams can actually get a player themselves.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Was about to post the same thing. It's getting beyond a joke to be honest. We should keep our mouths shut and see if the Yams can actually get a player themselves.
    I dunno.... I reckon the plan worked when it came to Darren Barr.

Such is the goldfish bowl enviroment of Scottish football it is no wonder many of our targets also end up being Hearts targets.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I don't think we ever talk about a signing before it's done. Seems the procedure is Hibs approach a club/player/agent. Players' agent contacts Hearts and tells them HIbs are interested. Hearts sign player for more money than he's worth and we're willing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I don't think we ever talk about a signing before it's done. Seems the procedure is Hibs approach a club/player/agent. Players' agent contacts Hearts and tells them HIbs are interested. Hearts sign player for more money than he's worth and we're willing to pay.
    Apart from Sproule who was in papers weeks ago saying he wanted to come back, probably the worst kept secret, although no fault of Hibs
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    My god I dont get where this " Hearts stealing our targets p1sh" comes from. All of these supposed "targets" of Hibs who Hearts supposedly "target" is all purely paper talk.. It actually comes accross as pretty pathetic as well as paranoid>

How the hell do we know wether Hibs were ever viewing any given player with a view to signing, or that Hearts then in turn are doing the same?? Beacause the Sun or the Record say so??

I'd actually be amazed if both Edinburgh clubs didnt have an eye on lots of the same players, but equally I take with a pinch of salt any player linked to Hibs in the press..

Coaching Staff
    It does illustrate why people are interested in Hearts finances though. you can say it's up to them and as long as they are doing well on the park none of them will care.

The fact is it impacts competitors. We can't talk to an agent about a player without knowing Hearts would happily pay double.

It's not right. You don't mind losing out to bigger teams that can pay more but not ones who are on the same turnover and who only pay more due to racking up extreme debt.

Let's talk up the Pax twins in the hope Jeffereies signs them.

First Team Breakthrough supershotmo's Avatar
    Two players come to mind that Hearts took off our noses. Darren Barr was one and that huddie from Millwall. Cant mind his name but was supposed to be faster than Sproule.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by supershotmo View Post
    Two players come to mind that Hearts took off our noses. Darren Barr was one and that huddie from Millwall. Cant mind his name but was supposed to be faster than Sproule.
    Hackett.

They also tried to get Deek when he signed last time, we were also in for Ian 'coke fiend according to the papers' Black, Kevin 'more broken than a very broken thing' Kyle, and Andy 'More broken than Kevin Kyle' Webster.

Apart from them, they pretty much do their own scouting.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macidee1875
    Hearts will always attract players in front of us at the moment.outside the old firm they can offer the best wages in scotland plus our league position this season has done us no favours.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I think the last player we managed to get ahead of Hearts was John O'Neil, and that cost us ridiculous wages and appearance fees. Plus, that was when Hearts were paying stupid wages under Robinson, as opposed to really, really stupid wages under Romanov.

It's annoying sometimes, but they can't sign everyone and we must have other targets (IF Flynn is one of them and IF Hearts get him).

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Can we confirm that we are interested in Nade?

@hibs.net private member
    I think it is very rare for Hibs to even talk about a player until the deal is done and dusted. We get pelters for it but its probably the right thing to do.

If the Yams sign Flynn does it mean Templeton is moving or that Driver is hurt again?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    I think it is very rare for Hibs to even talk about a player until the deal is done and dusted. We get pelters for it but its probably the right thing to do.

If the Yams sign Flynn does it mean Templeton is moving or that Driver is hurt again?
    STV News had them linked with Jim O'Brien the other week as well - you would suspect that if another winger comes in, someone is on the way out.

Suspect Driver is pretty near finished.You just can't miss the best part of 2 seasons and hope to be the same player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Suspect Driver is pretty near finished.You just can't miss the best part of 2 seasons and hope to be the same player.

I suspect you are right AH. For Driver now its as much about courage as it is about fitness. Not sure he had a lot of that in the first place which is a bit of a shame as he had a bit of ability.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Dag Nabbit!!!! Just as he turned Scottish too.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    I suspect you are right AH. For Driver now its as much about courage as it is about fitness. Not sure he had a lot of that in the first place which is a bit of a shame as he had a bit of ability.
    I am not sure you can question his courage - he has come back from injury to early twice, and has always seemed dead keen to play, fit or not. Contrast that with Webster who although a 'harder' player looks after himself very carefully.

It's a great shame for Scotland that neither seem likely to be fully fit as they would certainly add to the squad depth and in Webster's case if fully fit would be captain material IMO

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    It's a great shame for Scotland that neither seem likely to be fully fit as they would certainly add to the squad depth
    Yes, such a shame that the superb Englishman is not fit to play for Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart;2808518[B
    ]I am not sure you can question his courage - he has come back from injury to early twice[/B], and has always seemed dead keen to play, fit or not. Contrast that with Webster who although a 'harder' player looks after himself very carefully.

It's a great shame for Scotland that neither seem likely to be fully fit as they would certainly add to the squad depth and in Webster's case if fully fit would be captain material IMO
    Hence the question. IMO he seemed reticent to get involved since his first injury and, to my mind, came back lacking something. Now its happened again to him it takes a certain type of inner strength to keep a person going and to drive on to the degree that he needs to. I am not sure he has it, or ever did.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Hence the question. IMO he seemed reticent to get involved since his first injury and, to my mind, came back lacking something. Now its happened again to him it takes a certain type of inner strength to keep a person going and to drive on to the degree that he needs to. I am not sure he has it, or ever did.
    Possibly - we'll see early next season I guess - if he doesn't get back into reguar play early on, he's probably finished I would agree.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    We don't operate in a very big league so to be fair when one SPL club starts sniffing around an SFL player or a smaller SPL team player then it wouldn't be suprising to see at least one other SPL club chasing the same player.

CC did make an enquiry re Flynn during January window however now that Ivan has come home I suspect the interest has now gone.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    CC did make an enquiry re Flynn during January window however now that Ivan has come home I suspect the interest has now gone.
    Does he not play on the left???

We did sign a certain Paul Hartley ahead of hertz despite us being in division one at the time. Still recall that sublime control of the ball from the sky on his debut v Ayr. Pity he was a fandan.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    He's a decent player but i'm more excited about the return of Ivan. I know Flynn is neighbours with Lee Wallace in East Craigs so a good chance he might end up at Hearts.

We all know what happened to the last superstar they signed from Falkirk hopefully this one will end up a wage thief aswell :D

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

It has been an accepted fact for many years that it is an agent's job to put out spam/rumours/general c..p to enhance their clients chances of getting the best deal/ best club available .
    The majority of the "we are reported to be interested in ......" emanates either from "Greggs" or an agent !!