hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll begin, Ivan was brought in by petrie and calderwood never wanted him. Calderwood is now favourite for the swindon job and is goign there adams was unwilling to be a puppet also and has decided to jump ship RC found out and offered him his job back
    oh and to add some more fuel to the fire Strachan has been in edinburgh all week
    The Strachan thing clinches it for me, he could fill the Matty Jack role easily and would certainly give us a bit more pace and dig than we currently have. I could see him having ten more years as a stand out in the current Hibs team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    There's been so much upheaval in our club over the past few years - changing managers/players/directors/back room staff.
    Is there anybody who hasn't been replaced? .........

Unfortunately ALL of the good people have left/been sold, and very few of them have been adequately replaced. That is why this club is a mess. Not necessarily a lack of spending, just a failure on the club's part to appoint the right men and sign the right players when we needed them.

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    Unfortunately ALL of the good people have left/been sold, and very few of them have been adequately replaced. That is why this club is a mess. Not necessarily a lack of spending, just a failure on the club's part to appoint the right men and sign the right players when we needed them.
    So there are NO "good people" left at the club?

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    So there are NO "good people" left at the club?
    Apparently. I would abandon all hope now.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Apparently. I would abandon all hope now.
    I dont get it. "ALL good people" have gone has been said after Adams left the club so was he one of the "good people" ? I'm not going to ask who the BAD people are still left as I bet it will the usual pantomime villain(s).

While the match up between Calderwood and Adams looked a good one when it happened it clearly wasnt working as intended. Therefore Adams has moved on. Had we been winning game after game then that would be an issue but the fact that we have been pretty poor suggests it shouldnt be and is being made into something it's not.

Derek Adams, thanks and good luck, I hope it works out for you again at RC.

Is there anybody here who can write a job description for an assistant manager in the SLP? Do we really need one? It seems to me that we would be much better employing a couple of talent spotters with silver tongues who could talk players that we undoubtably need into coming to Easter Road and working for relative peanuts.

The ba's oan the slates. Lets just accept that and all go home.

Coaching Staff
    Maybe he didn't settle well in Edinburgh and wanted to go back to more familiar surrounds? Maybe he missed working for his dad? Perhaps he thought he'd give it a season but didn't enjoy it as much as he hoped. It is possible there is no conspiracy or failure involved and he simply wanted to go home? It's maybe not as exciting as all these suggestions of skulduggery, intrigue and negligence at ER, but it's just as likely.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Maybe he didn't settle well in Edinburgh and wanted to go back to more familiar surrounds? Maybe he missed working for his dad? Perhaps he thought he'd give it a season but didn't enjoy it as much as he hoped. It is possible there is no conspiracy or failure involved and he simply wanted to go home? It's maybe not as exciting as all these suggestions of skulduggery, intrigue and negligence at ER, but it's just as likely.

What a ridiculous notion

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    I dont believe there's any conspiracy going on, but there was a real case of failure. Adams failed alongside Calderwood to install any kind of gritt and determination into this team.

I'm glad he's gone, never liked him, never thought he brought anything to the table. If he did it was not apparent to me, imo he's no loss. CC and him never looked from the outside comfortable together, if Calderwood is to succeed, he needs someone he trusts and wants, again for me that did not look the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Is there anybody here who can write a job description for an assistant manager in the SLP? Do we really need one? It seems to me that we would be much better employing a couple of talent spotters with silver tongues who could talk players that we undoubtably need into coming to Easter Road and working for relative peanuts.

The ba's oan the slates. Lets just accept that and all go home.
    That sounds like Rod, is he not doing this already ?.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    David Weir is a great shout for either assistant manager or to bring in as a player. As much as I dislike him there's no denying he was the best centre back in Scotland last season.

Player/coaching role?

I also love the idea of Murray being given some kind of role at the club, but maybe a wee bit lacking in experience at the moment to go straight in as assistant manager.

Wonder if the foreign striker could be Steffan Iverson who played with CC at Spurs see he is at Crystal Palace

33 i think but was a decent player ,experienced and poss double as assistant

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    "County chairman MacGregor insisted nobody understood the club better than Adams but admitted his dad, director of football, George, was initially opposed to the plan.

He said: "They say 'never go back' but we've had difficulty in finding someone who understands this club.

"The Ross County model is different from other clubs. It's about staying in the Highlands and not going up and down the road.

"It's about understanding the people in the club and what the club is about.
    "Looking round at where we might go, I came to the conclusion it had to be Derek. I knew Derek wasn't completely happy at being a No.2.

"His father had nothing to do with this - in fact, he didn't want this to happen. But I did."

MacGregor hopes the seven months away will have refreshed Adams jnr and added extra experience to his armoury.

The chairman said: "I think the Hibs experience will have added something. I cautioned him at the time about the move because I felt he was a leader who would find it hard to be a No.2.

"He has found that out but I think that's a positive not a negative. It's a good decision and I want to thank Colin Calderwood and Rod Petrie for allowing it to happen."

Easter Road gaffer Calderwood made his move for Adams in mid-October with County in the midst of a rocky season.

But successor Willie McStay was sacked after only three months before the Staggies scraped to safety under Jimmy Calderwood who failed to impress the Dingwall board.

The returning gaffer also spoke of his delight to be back on familiar ground.
    Adams said: "I have enjoyed my time in Edinburgh and I am sorry to be leaving Hibs but the chance to be a manager again at Ross County is just too good an opportunity to turn down.

"Colin has been great to work with and I would like to thank him, and everyone at Hibs, for the opportunity and wish them every success in the future."

Sounds entirely fair enough to me. As people who went to great lengths to travel to the replay last year will know, Dingwall is the furthest most football club in the country - it can't be easy to attract people there and even more difficult for people to settle.

They've got someone who know what it's all about and we've an opportunity to improve our management team - win/win.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    There's been so much upheaval in our club over the past few years - changing managers/players/directors/back room staff.
    Is there anybody who hasn't been replaced? .........
    Just to put things in perspective here, let's have a look at some of our SPL rivals: -

Motherwell - 8 managers in the last 10 years (Butcher was there for 4 of them)

They also went into administration in that time and should have been relegated when they finished bottom of the SPL. Have still managed to have some very good seasons and have reached 2 cup finals.

Dundee Utd - 7 managers in the last 10 years

Still won the Scottish Cup and qualified for Europe as well as consistent top 6 finishes the last few seasons

We know about Hearts. Killie are now looking for their 4th manager in under 18 months and still managed to finish 4th.

(Originally by Hibee87)---
    ".............. Calderwood is now favourite for the swindon job and is goign there "

Pauli Di Canio has just signed a twi yrat contract to manage Swindon - oops !!!!!!!!

Back to Greggs ?

Adams is odd.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Adams is odd.
    Correct.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Adams is odd.
    Agreed.

what did adams exactly do anyway? apart from getting sent to the stands. no loss to Hibs I reckon lets move on

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    what did adams exactly do anyway? apart from getting sent to the stands. no loss to Hibs I reckon lets move on
    has anybody heard anything about our new assistant yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    has anybody heard anything about our new assistant yet?
    Will there be one appointed? There are enough coaches already in situ?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Will there be one appointed? There are enough coaches already in situ?
    yeah maybe your right, I never considered it being filled from within.