hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walter Smith is no angel either. Was he not arrested for fighting with Alex Totten in the dug-out at McDiarmid Park a few years ago, and he also went for Mixu during a game IIRC ?
    Correct. I've found it hard to bear recently with all the press cuddling Walter Smith.

He's got the typical "butter wouldn't melt" Hun attitude. Glad to see the back of him, although I'm sure the weegia won't let him go quietly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Agree. If we had a Lennon-type in that late Mowbray/early Collins midfield we might have actually achieved something big (league cup excepted). Most teams need a BBB.
    We did have a BBB at that time, he now captains Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by magnificent_seven View Post
    We did have a BBB at that time, he now captains Celtic.
    Id argue he only developed the BBB attitude and became a midfield nforcer with them after he left us. With us he had his hands full driving forward and attacking, although he was very good at it.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    I was speaking to a celtic fan who said to me I understand why Rangers fans hate Neil Lennon but don't understand why fans of other teams hate him, Hearts fan attacks him motherwell fans joined in clapping their hands when Rangers fans were singing if you hate Neil Lennon, I can't speak for fans of other teams so I thought I would ask the question.

Do you Hate Neil Lennon and if so WHY?
    I hate the bigoted institution that is Rangers Football Club, I don't hate Neil Lennon.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    A player I didn't like that has turned into a manager I dont like.
    He went about the field of play kicking players and generally acting Billy big baws. His touchline behaviour and demeanour is what you would expect iof a fan not a manager.

His religious background or where he is from plays no part in my loathing of him. His Ginger hair does him no favours either.

agree butbe careful,i got called a racist and asked if i had a problem with keith wrights hair as well the last time i mentioned his barnet.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that dislike Lennon for reasons other than his obnoxious personality.

I'm just as sure that BITC is only on here to try to prove that Rangers fans don't hate Lennon because they're bigots, but for acceptable reasons. He probably believes in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy as well.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 19-05-2011 at 08:55 PM.

I used to dislike Lennon as a player, because of the role he played - the snarling ball winner, who kept the passing simple.

Then came the 2-2 game at ER (after Hibs had led 2-0) and Beuzelin treated Lennon with total contempt - outmuscling him and sitting him on his arse twice.

I just felt a bit sorry for him after that.

It's not nice to see anyone being bullied like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodje_18 View Post
    Seems like a decent enough guy, one of the few managers who can accept defeat when they were outplayed. Whenever hibs have beaten you he appreciates a good performance. Have nothing but respect for the guy . Although I won't be suprised if I'm the only hibee that thinks this
    Don't be fooled by Uncle Walter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG27qGTMXa4
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Don't like him but most certainly don't hate him. He does silly and immature things which makes it very easy to not like him because of the way he acts.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    A simple no I don't hate him would have done.
    I dont much care for the rather too good to be true TV friendly cheeky chappie that is Ally McCoist but I feel about the same amount of ill will towards him as I do Lennon because he is part of a football "institution" I dont like, I don't see myself sending him a bomb, bullet or anything else.

Maybe thats what separates us football fans from the throwbacks hiding their bigotry and ignorance behind the colours and name of the teams who allow them to do it.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    I dislike the way Lennon conducts himself. As a result of that he has been the but of fans reaction for many years.

Doesn't excuse in any way the violence, but gives a perfect excuse to the bigots and those with an agenda to stir up sectarian antagonism to polarise our society thereby enlisting more people in their vile cohorts of hatred under the guise of 'defending our British values'.

Also agree that wattie has a whiff of the sanctimonious about him.

Didn't like him as a player - yes we could do with someone like that and if we did I would completely understand why others wouldn't like him.

'hate' is a strong word but I think when people say it they don't mean it literally. I don't like him as a manager because of all the conspiracy nonsense. The whole issue was unnecessary and embarrassing especially as 1) it wasn't a penalty and 2) they won the game anyway. The guy is a tit. What he's going through is a disgrace and I do feel sorry for him but it still doesn't change the fact that he is a tit. Before all the bad stuff happened we all agreed on that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    You again.

Tell you what I hate more than Neil lennon. Huns.

Best post on here in months

Lennon = referee strike.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    I was speaking to a celtic fan who said to me I understand why Rangers fans hate Neil Lennon but don't understand why fans of other teams hate him, Hearts fan attacks him motherwell fans joined in clapping their hands when Rangers fans were singing if you hate Neil Lennon, I can't speak for fans of other teams so I thought I would ask the question.

Do you Hate Neil Lennon and if so WHY?
    Away and take your bigoted questions back to some ****my Rangers forum....

Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    Lennon = referee strike.
    Lennon = Only 6 points on Scrabble. Totally rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Don't be fooled by Uncle Walter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG27qGTMXa4

This one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMl_...eature=related

@hibs.net private member
    Lennon was a gobby annoying and often quite dirty ******* as a player and he certainly got some stick for that at ER - but certainly no more than Ferguson of the huns or Hartley of the Yams for example.

To my knowledge there was never any sectarian element to that stick at ER - as someone else posted he was pretty much just another panto villain to many Hibbies.

As a manager his gobby annoying persona has been carried forth onto the touchline in spades. Still though, Strachan before him could be a snippy wee sod and this prompted no death threats from anyone. And like Strachan, Lennon is reputed to be a top gadge in person.

So - there can be no doubt IMO that there IS an element of bigoted trash amongst Scotland's football supporters who target Lennon in particular because of his religion and nationality, but it is a total nonsense to suggest that every boo and jeer he has received is motivated by vile prejudices.

Personally I never hated Lennon, annoying bassa or not, and have developed a great deal of respect for the guy in recent times for the courage and determination he's shown in the face of all this pish.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    So - there can be no doubt IMO that there IS an element of bigoted trash amongst Scotland's football supporters who target Lennon in particular because of his religion and nationality, but it is a total nonsense to suggest that every boo and jeer he has received is motivated by vile prejudices.
    Shirley you mean Rongers supporters rather than Scottish supporters?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Shirley you mean Rongers supporters rather than Scottish supporters?
    And Jambos?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Hearts? They will just follow whatever you do..
    shower of mini-hun bumboys

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Neil Lennon's major crime as a manager has been behaving as if he is a fan. That seems to really annoy us for some reason.

lets not forget he has ginger hair, and that upsets the more pathetic ones for some bizarre reason

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    BITC - you haven't answered this one. If you do hate him it might help to give your reasons, e.g. have you rationally thought it through and arrived at a position or are you just a hun sheep who hates him because it is part of the job description.
    I hate him as the rival manager to my club who imo was to blame for most of the problems with the spl, ref strikes, his accusations that teams don't try against Rangers, yet no mention of these things when celtic scored 4 against motherwell, 3 against hearts,4 against dundee utd,4 against Kilmarnock,3 against hibs,3 dundee utd,3 aberdeen,4 hearts,3 hibs,9 aberdeen, ect ect, how come when rangers wins by a few goals teams don't try but when celtic do it, its because they are great?

Ive never liked him from when he was a player and was caught mouthing orange B in a game against rangers or when he stopped to spit on a rangers scarf.

I hate him as the rival manager to my club who imo was to blame for most of the problems with the spl, ref strikes, his accusations that teams don't try against Rangers, yet no mention of these things when celtic scored 4 against motherwell, 3 against hearts,4 against dundee utd,4 against Kilmarnock,3 against hibs,3 dundee utd,3 aberdeen,4 hearts,3 hibs,9 aberdeen, ect ect, how come when rangers wins by a few goals teams don't try but when celtic do it, its because they are great?

Ive never liked him from when he was a player and was caught mouthing orange B in a game against rangers or when he stopped to spit on a rangers scarf.
    And when the shoes on the other foot you lot make the self same accusations. Pathetic whingers on both sides of the divide.
    And you dislike him for an alleged comment? Was this proved by the same lip reading experts who tried to accuse him of racism. The racism that he was cleared of by your own player?
    If a remark like that does upset you then you must hate a large proportion of your clubs support then. Care to condemn their bigotry while your at it?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Because as a person I find I can hate people for absolutely no reason at all, just dont like the look of them or they just annoy me, Lennon on the other hand has plenty for me to hate.

Oh and he once called me a removed at Easter Road, he may well be right but thats a good enough reason alone
    Last edited by HNA6; 20-05-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Please dont bypass the swear filter

And when the shoes on the other foot you lot make the self same accusations. Pathetic whingers on both sides of the divide.
    And you dislike him for an alleged comment? Was this proved by the same lip reading experts who tried to accuse him of racism. The racism that he was cleared of by your own player?
    If a remark like that does upset you then you must hate a large proportion of your clubs support then. Care to condemn their bigotry while your at it?
    When did walter smith say teams don't try against celtic, at the end of the day the league is won over a season the best team is the team who finish first, being manager of a club is different from guys down the pub saying things imo.

He also says some must look in the mirror but did he ever say who he was talking about? if not why not?

When did walter smith say teams don't try against celtic, at the end of the day the league is won over a season the best team is the team who finish first, being manager of a club is different from guys down the pub saying things imo.

He also says some must look in the mirror but did he ever say who he was talking about? if not why not?
    I'll ask you again. If an alleged remark by Lennon upsets you so much do you find many of your fellow 'Gers fans repulsive given their love of a sectarian comment or two?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I'll ask you again. If an alleged remark by Lennon upsets you so much do you find many of your fellow 'Gers fans repulsive given their love of a sectarian comment or two?
    If you read my posts you will know im unhappy with some things some of our fans say

If you read my posts you will know im unhappy with some things some of our fans say
    Would you be so kind as to elucidate and provide specific examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Would you be so kind as to elucidate and provide specific examples?
    ok songs about child abuse, im disgusted by them, and I don't join in with them