hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course they or he can comment and criticise however I do not contribute directly to the standard of player in the SPL I just observe so I can take a different slant on what I and others think of the SPL.

Nobody is really arguing that the SPL is that great a league however this player had an opportunity to do something we cannot and raise the profile of the SPL, he didnt as was indeed a very unremakable talent in the SPL, I will IMO say that the SPL is poor due to a poor standard of player with the odd exceptions and Paixao falls IMO into the poor player group contributing to this league being poor, so for me he must be embarrased with his own ability or lack of.

I can safely say from my point of view the SPL is poor due to this calibar of player, and I find it a bit funny that a player whom achieved nothing but relegation can feel embarressed about the SPL which appears to have been a level perhaps above his ability.

Now if Larsson, Laudrup or even Sauzee had commented the same I would feel far more comfortable with that as these were players whom maybe could have got stick from other players about their ability and were they were plying it, I just cannot take the guys views on with any real conviction.

It is kinda like somebody moaning about the amount of people signing on in the UK while they go to sign on, I think to be relegated and then realesed by that club might be the real emabarrassment for him.
    I agree completely that it's because of the standard of player, the Paixao's amongst others, in the SPL that it's so poor right now.

But I still don't think he shouldn't be allowed to slate the standard just because he's not Brain Laudrup. If anything we, the supporters, are the hypocrites, we slate the standard and then pay to go along and watch it, while Paixao was merely turning up to be paid, it was his job after all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Utterly correct to deride a piss-poor league. It's there to be made fun of.

Completely deluded in not realising that rubbish performers like themselves 'gracing' this on-going embarrassment is an integral part of the problem.

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    Yes, fair point but WHY is the SPL in the state it is in?

The players and teams are what makes the SPL.

Poor players = Poor teams = Poor football = Poor SPL.

If Pieshow feels he is somehow above this then why didn't he do better during his time in the SPL?
    Don't criticise unless you are in a position to do so. Silly boy.

I wonder if they had been able to secure another contract with an SPL club if they would have come out and said it. Whilst a great deal of what he said is true it does come across as sour grapes from someone who was not good enough to be kept on from a relegated team.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    I wonder if they had been able to secure another contract with an SPL club if they would have come out and said it. Whilst a great deal of what he said is true it does come across as sour grapes from someone who was not good enough to be kept on from a relegated team.
    Of course they wouldn't have said that were they staying on in the SPL. It does just sound like sour grapes from Pieshow.

G

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt View Post
    Of course they wouldn't have said that were they staying on in the SPL. It does just sound like sour grapes from Pieshow.

G
    If you had signed for Hamilton at the start of the season then got emptied, for being terrible, would you feel like you couldn't come out and state the obvious, that the SPL is a piss poor league?

I'm not good enough to play in the SPL, but it is terrible to watch most of the time.

I'm not a good enough actor to star alongside Keanu Reeves, but he's a bloody *****e actor at the best of times.

I can't paint, but that Picasso stuff....shower of piss is what it is.

But I suppose that because I'm not an SPL standard footballer/oscar winning actor/arty twat I can't have these opinions, or at least I should keep them to myself.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I agree completely that it's because of the standard of player, the Paixao's amongst others, in the SPL that it's so poor right now.

But I still don't think he shouldn't be allowed to slate the standard just because he's not Brain Laudrup. If anything we, the supporters, are the hypocrites, we slate the standard and then pay to go along and watch it, while Paixao was merely turning up to be paid, it was his job after all.
    I never said he shouldnt be allowed to comment I am saying his views carry less weight IMO due to the fact he played a part in his own embarressment by being one of the people whom contributed to the SPL being so poor. He has every right to comment as much as Laudrup as much as you as much as I, it is purely how you view that person and their opinion.

If you had signed for Hamilton at the start of the season then got emptied, for being terrible, would you feel like you couldn't come out and state the obvious, that the SPL is a piss poor league?

I'm not good enough to play in the SPL, but it is terrible to watch most of the time.

I'm not a good enough actor to star alongside Keanu Reeves, but he's a bloody *****e actor at the best of times.

I can't paint, but that Picasso stuff....shower of piss is what it is.

But I suppose that because I'm not an SPL standard footballer/oscar winning actor/arty twat I can't have these opinions, or at least I should keep them to myself.
    No I wouldn't fling the toys out of the pram, I would try and be professional about it. As I'd hope most others would be...

You can have your opinions, but my point is that professional footballers who perform poorly with a poor team have no place to pass judgment on the rest of the league.

Again the league is only as good as the players who participate in it. And if the players are no good...

Gene

I heard he has removed all reference to SPL from his C.V. and said he was in Peterhead Prison for a serious crime. He feels that will be less of a hinderance to his career

But we non-professional footballers can criticise all we want?
    To a certain degree, yes.

Football is a spectator sport and a proportion of our hard earned - through ST's, club merchandise, SKY Sports...etc - ends up in the coaching and playing staf's pocket. Therefore making the odd observation here and there and complaint about the quality of football we're paying for is perfectly acceptable IMO.

Going overboard with the criticism however, serves no constructive purpose - much like the scrutiny levels the match officials were having to put up with midway through the season; did it improve thier performance? No. It only served to cause ill-feeling in the game.

I do find it ironic though that a player who was deemed not good enough by the club that was relegated from the SPL this season, finds it "embarrassing" that he's played here because the standard is so poor.

I'm guessing the grapes taste rather sour
    Last edited by Dinkydoo; 20-05-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I've not read the whole thread but my understanding of first reading his quotes was that the commentators were taking the piss and he was embarrased to play in our league, like it was a reflection on him as a player and how he is perceived.

Basically, they were saying that league is pish and you are obviously pish as well which caused embarrasment. Not that he thought he was so good that he should never have played there.