hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 35

Thread: 1 man upfront

  1. #1
    Testimonial Due macca70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,043

    1 man upfront

    We've been playing the other teams in the bottom 6 with 1 man upfront.

    Absolute joke Calderwood.

    Has he been watching re-runs of the Alex Miller days!!

  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Just shows you how well he's done with these players managing to avoid relegation.

    Well done CC. roll on next season

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    39
    Posts
    16,637
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just shows you how well he's done with these players managing to avoid relegation.

    Well done CC. roll on next season
    ??

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ??
    I can see where folk are coming from with the 'give CC a chance' , he inherited a duff lot etc. and I'm willing to go along with it, but my gut feeling is that he is nowhere near the real deal.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Sauzee 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lasswade
    Age
    35
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see where folk are coming from with the 'give CC a chance' , he inherited a duff lot etc. and I'm willing to go along with it, but my gut feeling is that he is nowhere near the real deal.
    Totally agree. I'm not convinced. All just opinions I suppose.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see where folk are coming from with the 'give CC a chance' , he inherited a duff lot etc. and I'm willing to go along with it, but my gut feeling is that he is nowhere near the real deal.
    OK, but if you were evaluating Vaz Te with a view to re-signing him what kind of test would you set him?

    Or wouldn't you bother evaluating players and go for maximising points at all costs?

  8. #7
    Testimonial Due sesoim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pacific Ocean
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,715
    We had 8 points from 8 games when CC took over. We've since picked up 29 points from 29 games. And we've been put out the Cup by a Div 2 team. And CC has also been allowed to sign seven players to improve the team.

    Some improvement, Petrie.

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due macca70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, but if you were evaluating Vaz Te with a view to re-signing him what kind of test would you set him?

    Or wouldn't you bother evaluating players and go for maximising points at all costs?
    I would do both, is it that much to ask that he evaluates vaz te and play someone up along side him.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We had 8 points from 8 games when CC took over. We've since picked up 29 points from 29 games. And we've been put out the Cup by a Div 2 team. And CC has also been allowed to sign seven players to improve the team.

    Some improvement, Petrie.
    And here's me thinking we had released some players - good on you for keeping me right!

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would do both, is it that much to ask that he evaluates vaz te and play someone up along side him.
    Well yes - that would indeed give him a much bigger problem to face - say, you are really really amazingly good as a football tactician!

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due Mikeystewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,232
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    I dont know if you've noticed but we are a bottom 6 team

    Our Midfield has been non existent this season, slight improvement with Pallson

    I don't think we have two strikers that are worth playing together, Sodje on his own sounds fine as long as he gets the support, Riordan / VazTe total bi standers.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,740
    Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, but if you were evaluating Vaz Te with a view to re-signing him what kind of test would you set him?

    Or wouldn't you bother evaluating players and go for maximising points at all costs?
    I certainly wouldn't set him the test of a solo job up front, unless, God forbid, Calderwood is masterminding his striking tactics for next season.

  14. #13
    TBU - True but Useless - some yank pearls of wisdom my American based company sent me today...

    You can quote all the stats you want they are all TBU.

    The only thing thats going to get us through this doesn't show up in stats.

    Would folks have hung in their with Churchill? When youre going through hell keep going.

    I hope things will turn. Let Colin do his stuff give him time. Show some collective balls. Its hard to stomach given the last 4 years but we need to find some reserves and get on with it. Complaining wont help us out this.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I certainly wouldn't set him the test of a solo job up front, unless, God forbid, Calderwood is masterminding his striking tactics for next season.
    You are obviously a fan of one-dimensional players - we'll just have to agree to differ on that one.

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due macca70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well yes - that would indeed give him a much bigger problem to face - say, you are really really amazingly good as a football tactician!
    Doesnae take a master tactician to play more than 1 up front against the worst teams in the league and leave 1 man up when we are defending corners!!

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesnae take a master tactician to play more than 1 up front against the worst teams in the league and leave 1 man up when we are defending corners!!
    Fair enough if you have no ambitions for next season I guess - a lot of us do though.

  18. #17
    Testimonial Due macca70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough if you have no ambitions for next season I guess - a lot of us do though.
    Unfortunately I see nothing that is indicating next season will be any different from this one.

    How is Calderwoods current team or tactics showing any ambition for next season?

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member malcolm-bogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Sticks
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've been playing the other teams in the bottom 6 with 1 man upfront.

    Absolute joke Calderwood.

    Has he been watching re-runs of the Alex Miller days!!
    Alex Millers side looked like Real Madrid compared with this shower of wasters.

  20. #19
    Coaching Staff HibsMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Boston MA, USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,703
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately I see nothing that is indicating next season will be any different from this one.
    Do you know something about our summer signings that we don't?

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you know something about our summer signings that we don't?
    Do you see any difference in the signings we've made, the tactics we play etc, since Calderwood has been here or do you know something about our summer signings?
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

  22. #21
    Coaching Staff HibsMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Boston MA, USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,703
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you see any difference in the signings we've made,
    Yes, I do see a difference with the signings we've made. I can only watch certain games on Hibs TV so I don't have the ability to see all the players (off the ball runs, etc) but by most accounts, the guys we have brought in made an impact. I acknowledge that after February things haven't been quite so rosy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the tactics we play etc,
    I imagine that Calderwood's tactics will be based upon the players he has at his disposal. Summer hasn't arrived yet so he most likely doesn't know who they will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    or do you know something about our summer signings?
    I don't know anything about our Summer signings, it's still only Spring here. That was my point.

  23. #22
    Testimonial Due Sammy7nil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,569
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Seven Nil PSN ID: 0 7 Wii Code: 01011973 07
    Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, but if you were evaluating Vaz Te with a view to re-signing him what kind of test would you set him?

    Or wouldn't you bother evaluating players and go for maximising points at all costs?
    I might try to maximise ST sales this run will minimize sales

  24. #23
    Coaching Staff HibsMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Boston MA, USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,703
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might try to maximise ST sales this run will minimize sales
    I think you have a valid point, ending the season on a high note would make fans feel better about things but I do wonder how much difference to ST sales there would be if we won tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last straw for some. But a long, hot summer without footie will have folk clamouring back for more from Calderwoods Cyclones!!
    Last edited by HibsMax; 11-05-2011 at 10:46 PM.

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough if you have no ambitions for next season I guess - a lot of us do though.
    Sorry but your argument makes no sense. So we're building for next season by playing a guy up front on his own against an average mid table side. A player who is not even signed up for next season in any case?

    Even if you accept that we are experimenting given we've nothing material to play for, our results are still not acceptable. Granted, it's pretty pointless to still get frustrated by these results/performances but let's not kid ourselves that there are positives to take.

  26. #25
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kingston upon Thames
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,350
    Remind me the last time we picked up three points in Inverness?

  27. #26
    Testimonial Due The_Sauz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Broxburn
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,926
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We had 8 points from 8 games when CC took over. We've since picked up 29 points from 29 games. And we've been put out the Cup by a Div 2 team. And CC has also been allowed to sign seven players to improve the team.

    Some improvement, Petrie.
    He brought in players to stop us from being relegated did he not?
    How many of the 7 you talk about are going to be here at the start of next season...

  28. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry but your argument makes no sense. So we're building for next season by playing a guy up front on his own against an average mid table side. A player who is not even signed up for next season in any case?

    Even if you accept that we are experimenting given we've nothing material to play for, our results are still not acceptable. Granted, it's pretty pointless to still get frustrated by these results/performances but let's not kid ourselves that there are positives to take.

    You seem to forget we are a mid table team and have been for some time and will be unless the board breaks the bank and allows cc to make some decent signings

  29. #28
    Testimonial due Baldy Foghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,360
    Pathetic decision to have one man up front last night.

    Pathetic formation 4-1-4-1 clearly does not work.

    Pathetic we don't leave a man up the park for corners, we could draw two of their players out, and then when we hump the ball up park we at least have a slight chance of retaining it.....

    Pathetic that we still persist in Zonal marking....

    Pathetic that CC does not have a clue how to change a team when behind, looks tactically bereft of ideas......

    Beginning to have real serious concerns.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Prestonfield
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,192
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Millers side looked like Real Madrid compared with this shower of wasters.
    Correct. Plus Miller's (initially) negative tactics served the purpose of improving us considerably. Calderwood's negatove tactics are getting us nowhere.

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pathetic decision to have one man up front last night.

    Pathetic formation 4-1-4-1 clearly does not work.

    Pathetic we don't leave a man up the park for corners, we could draw two of their players out, and then when we hump the ball up park we at least have a slight chance of retaining it.....

    Pathetic that we still persist in Zonal marking....

    Pathetic that CC does not have a clue how to change a team when behind, looks tactically bereft of ideas......

    Beginning to have real serious concerns.....

    C'mon now, ......... surely must wait for his summer signings before you pass judgement.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved