hibs.net Messageboard

I Hate The Thomson Twins

Just sitting in a coffee bar and this crud is playing. It makes me realise that I really hate the Thomson Twins. Their music is bland pop pap, which I have nothing against, but if you do that sort of stuff, at least look like you're having fun doing it.

Don't pretend to be miserable, deep, ironic and artsy when you haven't got the musical goods to back it up and are just filling the airways with ****.

I'd like them to be stuck in an lift for eight days with a family of starving, savage cannibals.
    Last edited by HNA1; 01-05-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: please don't bypass the swear filter. Ta.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just sitting in a coffee bar and this crud is playing. It makes me realise that I really hate the Thomson Twins. Their music is bland pop pap, which I have nothing against, but if you do that sort of stuff, at least look like you're having fun doing it.

Don't pretend to be miserable, deep, ironic and artsy when you haven't got the musical goods to back it up and are just filling the airways with .

I'd like them to be stuck in an lift for eight days with a family of starving, savage cannibals.
    Tintin should have given them a damn good kicking.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Regular Leicester Fan's Avatar
    The black bloke in the Thomson Twins is/was from Leicester. Surely that makes them lovable?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Fan View Post
    The black bloke in the Thomson Twins is/was from Leicester. Surely that makes them lovable?
    Bamba was in the Thomson twins?

First Team Regular Leicester Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Bamba was in the Thomson twins?
    He was also the creative genius behind both the Beatles and the Stones.

Ye must have known they were complete bollox 30 years ago though, Bob? They were never good, cool or trendy then and certainly not since.
    0-7

i think i remember before they were a three piece there was about 10 members of the band and some muso's considered them cutting edge/relevant....they were wrong...the thomson twins were utterly tedious....i used to sing along to 'hold me now' but i changed the words to 'execute me now'

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Don't pretend to be miserable, deep, ironic and artsy when you haven't got the musical goods to back it up and are just filling the airways with ****.

Need to be a bit more careful Bob, someone might be watching.

Guess you could always claim what you posted was all lies.

I suppose given the light hearted nature of most of your posts your thinking that you have love on your side.

Well you're wrong!!!! Any more slagging off the musical genius that is the 'Thompson Twins' and you'll be needing a doctor buddy

In the name of love Bob what were you thinking

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"