hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I stood in the queue first thing... my two renewals and further two I've persuaded to buy.

The staff I thought were very efficient.

However, phones should not be ringing out....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    I left it to the last minute to get down to ER to renew and was in the queue for an hour however that was my fault for being a tail end charlie.
    The staff were very helpful especially the dark haired aussie lass, attractive to boot!

Hopefully next year renewing can be done online or over the phone, seems rediculous that I had to fill in all those forms again with pretty much the same info.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, peer pressure right enough or maybe happy to accept that if we want to see better players on the park then sometimes we, as supporters, need to put our hand in our pocket.

Again, without any indication of the intention of the club regarding the proposed restructure.

Again though there has been NO vote on the 10 team league and next season it will be the same as this season. Do you protest if and when the 10 team league comes along.

It would be too late to register any protest after the event.

I presume that we can see you first in the queue to renew if the vote is not passed and we still have the same structure as before or is the protest actually against the Board no matter what the end result is?

In general terms the board have done a great job so far for Hibernian. That does not mean they are untouchable regarding every isue.

Furthermore as custodians of our club I believe that the Board will look after what is best for the football club at this moment in time, everyone wants a 16/18 team league (even our own board has admitted that) but now is not the time for it for purely financial reasons and I'm happy to accept this and continue to support Colin Calderwood and the team.

Really, where and when?

Back the team and take your gripe with the Board directly to them.
    In Rod we trust...all others pay cash. I think I'll be just an "other" fan who chooses when to attend and when to spend.

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    That's exactly what I did, no need to queue for anything?

In addition if you want to renew and pay in a lump sum them you can do this online.
    There seemed to be a problem in renewing online if you were part of a "Family" renewal.

I was trying to renew online for both my grandson and me (as I have done for the past 6 years).

However, despite confirming our client reference numbers, and our renewals for Hibs Kid family tickets, the site was diverting to non-family rates, i.e., £550 in total for us both. Whichever route I took to circumvent this, it would not allow me to process the correct ST purchase rate (£465).

I 'phoned ER initailly and I was told that I could renew over the 'phone. I tried for 2/3 days to get through on the telerphone unsuccessfully, and had to give in eventually, and went down to the TO on Thursday to renew personally.

Waited about half-an-hour, then paid correct amount, and all was processed efficiently. So, the face-to-face service was fine.

However, the online system seems to have problems in handling a straightforward request for family tie-up renewals at present. I mentioned this to 2 different Hibs employees, and one of them said they would look into it.

The telephone handling is a disgrace when the office is busy.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    I was also down yesterday, just to get tickets for next weekend. I did know it was the last day for renewals with the payment plan but was also gobsmacked how many people were there to do it, bearing in mind how long they had had, but I guess that is human nature to leave parting with the hard earned to the last minute possible. One of the young ladies was going up the queue when I was there collecting forms that were completed which I thought was a good idea. A lot of the ones at the windows seemed to be ones with some sort of "problem" as some of them appeared to take a helluva time. Answering the phones is another issue though. Should they have had extra staff on to man the phones? Did they even know they would have big queues? I usually just use the phone and have never had a problem with it being answered but wanted to hit the shop for some bargains.

Anyway, yes I had to wait. Did it bother me? Not one iota.

Guy back from active service is a different story and I would be extremely surprised if Hibs did not look on it sympathetically. However, for them to do that, he has to contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think its only fair that someone on the phone for two minutes should have preference over someone who has waited in a queue for 50 miniutes. I mean just what are Hibs playing at? Its not as if everyone hasn't known about this for about a month
    No need for the sarcasm Jack

Having someone take the calls to answer queries should not really have been a difficult to thing to do while the 3 windows served the punters in the queue?

Just basic customer service IMO.

This is the sort of thread for which Hibs should have an official account on Net, the Bounce etc. That way they could explain the situation (or apologise, if necessary) rather than have everyone having to make their own assumptions about why things were the way they were.

If bigger companies than Hibs can do it on the likes of AVForums and ThinkBroadband, I don't see why Hibs can't. It may even convince some folk that Hibs do want to communicate with their customers because if their attitude to Twitter and Facebook is anything to go by.....

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HELENSBURGHHIBS View Post
    No im in the armed forces and im just back today.
    I reckon you should contact the club and explain the circumstances mate.

Helensburgh and in the forces , not a sun dodger are you?
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    No need for the sarcasm Jack

Having someone take the calls to answer queries should not really have been a difficult to thing to do while the 3 windows served the punters in the queue?

Just basic customer service IMO.
    Well its one of the things that really gets on my thruppenny bits! You wait in a queue, like these folk, for ages you get to the front the phones goes and 10 seconds later its answered – five minutes later you're still waiting to get served! Not happened to me at Hibs I might add.

I can see the problem at the ticket office where they can’t get enough experienced and trustworthy staff to (wo)man the phones and deal with what is probably a substantial amount of cash lying around.

If they had got some temp staff in I suspect there would have been an equally long thread on here going on about the idiots that served them at the window or knew nothing when they phoned. Meanwhile the club lose money through the incompetence of temp staff, who are maybe only there for a day or two, possibly walking out the door with more in pockle than their wage.

Meanwhile this last 34 days or so the experienced and trustworthy staff, who can probably do a season ticket application in 5 minutes, have been sitting twiddling their thumbs desperately waiting for someone to serve or call.

The club are in a no win situation. IMO.

And apologies to anyone who thought they were at the wrong end of my sarcasm!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Well its one of the things that really gets on my thruppenny bits! You wait in a queue, like these folk, for ages you get to the front the phones goes and 10 seconds later its answered – five minutes later you're still waiting to get served! Not happened to me at Hibs I might add.
    Some of us have no choice but to use the phone. The online system still doesn't recognise family groups so somebody on the end of a phone willing to take my money would be appreciated. Yet again today I have failed to get through, perhaps the ticket office is shut but there is no message to say so. I am pretty close to giving up to be honest.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Some of us have no choice but to use the phone. The online system still doesn't recognise family groups so somebody on the end of a phone willing to take my money would be appreciated. Yet again today I have failed to get through, perhaps the ticket office is shut but there is no message to say so. I am pretty close to giving up to be honest.
    Try dropping them an email, in my experience they are great at getting back to you to respond to an email.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Try dropping them an email, in my experience they are great at getting back to you to respond to an email.
    I have done that successfully in the past.

Anyway........got through first time on the phone today. Despite having to deal with a grumpy old whinger like myself the girl on the phone could not have been more helpful. As always when you do actually get to speak to someone the service is first class.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Meant to reply to this thread when it was first started but just got round to it the now, in my experience the ticket office have been brilliant with me, last season i missed a payment on the payment plan when i changed banks, entirely my fault (or my banks, but not the clubs) but they bent over backwards for me trying to help me out in getting it paid. This season i was struggling to get down on friday, couldnt do it earlier as thats when i got paid so i emailed the club, got a response from the ticket office manager (Judith Ireland i think?) saying they could extend the deadline to saturday for me.

I think they do a pretty good job considering the moaning bassas they have to deal with.

Plus the aussie sounding blonde bird in there as an absolute topper as well and thats equally important IMO

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Same thing happened to me but as I was doing the online purchase in the evening I knew the TO would be shut, so I just did the full price online purchase then emailed the TO with my confirmation number and a request for a refund of the overpaid amount above what the family price would have been. They called me at the weekend and put the refund through.