hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Decent Hibs fans support the Gunners. FACT
    Must be all the underachieving we're drawn to.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    C'mon the Pool. Liverpool are my favourite English team but I wouldn't say I support them.
    Exactly the same for me

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Decent Hibs fans support the Gunners. FACT
    Decent Hibs fans concentrate their support solely on Hibs

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Christ who the hell cares? Why should anyone from Scotland support Liverpool? We seem to have more than a few.

I bet we all watch English football from time to time, I don't support any English team, but I like to see any with a Scottish influence do well, so at the moment I keep an eye on Wolves, Blackpool and the like, and yeah, Man Utd.

In any case, why ask people to quantify why they support a club, or feel you have any right to question that, may as well berate someone as to why they love their wife for Christ's sake!
    exactly sums up my stance.

the only reason i started to support hibs is because my neighbour when i was 7 did. simple as that.

that said, i have an irrational dislike for any team that plays in light blue, or blue in general for that matter (aside from everton, again not sure why, could be the scottish manager/former scottish players)

our loyalties are usually formed at an early age...for a certain vintage of scotsman looking south, man utd were an unavoidable attraction...willie morgan,martin buchan,joe jordan,gordon mcqueen,denis law...how could you not support them?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxHibs View Post
    Man united? Other than they are a glory hunter. It makes me sick. Discuss.
    I remember the Man U team with Gordon McQueen, Joe Jordan, Lou Macari and others - all Scotland stalwarts who took us to World Cup Finals - and just about every Scottish kid had some sort of interest in them - of course that doesn't make ME personally a Man U fan, but would it be such a heinous crime if it did? I don't think so.

I can sympathise with any long suffering Hibs fan who enjoys following a slightly more successful side in another league - as long as they keep putting their ACTUAL hard earned through the turnstiles at Easter Road what's the problem???

Quote Originally Posted by Harpandcastle View Post
    If I had to spend time in a ******** like Halifax I would probably harbour a grudge against life aswell. I drove through it once and was depressed for a fortnight. What a toilet of a town.
    Inbreds springs to mind!

Why would any decent hibs supporter start this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Absolutely spot on.

Folk can 'support' whatever English team they like.

For what it's worth i liked Man Utd in the 90s and early 00s, they were brilliant to watch and had some players who were class acts. I admit i chose them as my English club because they won a lot, so what? I couldn't give a toss about Man Utd now really although i still look out for their result.

The only other team i 'support' is Barcelona because i lived their for a while and had a season ticket at Camp Nou and still go over once or twice a season.

The OPs post was pathetic, a 'decent Hibs fan' can't support Man Utd? What a load of pish, at the end of the day we are all Hibs fans, who gives a flying one what other teams folk like?
    I can't better this post on any way PB, spot on

Got season tickets for bothe Hibs & Man U.

But would rather go to ER by train on a Saturday and support Hibs or rather eat my prawn sandwhich in the West Stand.

Tomorrow I will be at OT cheering on the REDS and hopefully taking one step closer to the 19th title.

We're Man United
    We do what we want

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHibby View Post
    Did you ever see George Best in his heyday?
    Now that's what you called a fitba player, throw in Denis Law and slapheid Charlton and they were exciting to watch.

That's what done it for me as well.

For the OP, I saw Best play against Scotland in the early seventies & I was hooked, I also saw him & Charlton play for an infirm select match against Scotland, in the Ibrox disaster benefit match, both were immense.

When I moved to England, I first lived in Manchester & two days after arriving, I met my new boss, who's brother played for United & he used to take me to matches on a regular basis & we always went in through the players entrance.

As for the glory hunter bit, I saw Hibs win a Trophy before I saw Man Utd win anything & I saw Man U relegated before I saw them win anything & they went down before Hibs did in 1980.
    Last edited by Ray_; 18-03-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Why would any Hibs fan support any English team full stop?

Hibs are the only team I need.
    Well said that man, my thoughts exactly. I do however however support a second team.............................................H ibs under 19s.

I don't see anything wrong with having a "second" team. I liked Man Utd in the 90s and was delighted when they won the Champions League in 1999. They are much less likeable now - too much arrogance, hardly any exciting signings (their current owners are a disgrace), the football isn't as good now either. I also hate the way commentators wet themselves every time Giggs, Rooney and Scholes kick the ball in a straight line.

To be honest, I would be bored rigid watching a game if I didn't CARE about either team. Does everybody who critiicizes folk for supprting Englsih teams never watch Englsih football? And if they do, do they just watch it completely neutral and impartial?

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I remember the Man U team with Gordon McQueen, Joe Jordan, Lou Macari and others - all Scotland stalwarts who took us to World Cup Finals - and just about every Scottish kid had some sort of interest in them - of course that doesn't make ME personally a Man U fan, but would it be such a heinous crime if it did? I don't think so.

I can sympathise with any long suffering Hibs fan who enjoys following a slightly more successful side in another league - as long as they keep putting their ACTUAL hard earned through the turnstiles at Easter Road what's the problem???

Spot on. I'd only have a problem if fans come along to Hibs games with, say, an Irish strip on, but that's another matter....

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Maybe they admire the fact that a Scottish manager has dominated English football for the past 25 years.

Maybe they grew up admiring the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, (G & P) Neville, Keane etc.

Maybe those of the older generation grew up admiring the likes of Charlton, Law and Best.

Maybe they admire the football they play.

There's a whole host of reasons for why supporters of a club like Hibs would be a fan of a club like Manchester Utd. There's loads of people on here who go on about Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal and Barcelona.

Why not speak about them?

Seriously, you need to remove that big chip off your shoulder. If you hate MU why feel the need to post in every single thread about Man U ?

Why would any non-OF Scottish Football supporter not want to watch or EVEN 'God Forbid' say that they 'support' an English team [obv priorities lie to the Cabbage] given that the standard between watching EPL v SPL is so big

Your UserName suggests you come from some wee small Yoorkshire town - yet have this inane hatred of anything that is posted on this forum about Manchester United FC - War of the Roses stuff or just being a pr1ck ??
    Funny how you have never posted what English Team it is that you support - given the Cheltenham Festival is on atm - my guess is you never backed the outsider 'HALIFAX TOWN; at 10,000-1

Sorry, does your hatred of 'Glory Hunters' also expand to supporters of other teams ???

Given the periods that English teams have been successful -
    then anyone who chose to support Liverpool during the 1970-1980s is a 'Glory Hunter
    Anyone who chose to support Man U during the late 1990-to date are also 'Glory Hunters'
    Anyone who chose to support Chelski in the last 10 years ARE DEFINATELY Glory Hunters
    Anyone who chose to support Arsenal in late 1990s -2005 - need to book a SPECSAVERS appointment with Arsene
    Anyone who chose to support City - NEED TO SEE A SHRINK ASAP
    Last edited by Tynie01011973; 18-03-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    Makes you sick? A hibs supporter that is a fan of another team - one of the best footballing teams over the last 20 years with a strong history of scottish managers/players - makes a 29 year old man sick?

I m a hibs supporter, followed the team all over the country, had season tickets for years, have a hibs tattoo and I m also a fan of Man United.... Do I make you sick?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I really don't have any preference in English football, but I do like to watch their league. I do like to see the underdog win and thought it was great when Birmingham won the League Cup even though I appreciate the way Arsenal play, it was good to see a set of fans appreciate a win rather than those who just expect it, like Man Utd or Rantic fans.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    I have been a Hibs supporter for over 60 years and a football fan for all that time. Now because I enjoyed the football of Spurs in the early 60's Man u a few years later Leeds of the 70's , Man u and Arsenal in the 90's and 2000's , also all the teams that had Scots in them ie. Cloughies Notts Forest and Derby , Aston villa with Des Bremner , the romance always of Newcastle. Then there is the family connection with Everton and Man City. Also enjoyed the foreign teams like Archibalds Barca , Real Madrid in the 60's (when we could see them occasionally) , AC Milan with Gullit etc , Real Madrid with the Galacticos , and the current Barca (the best club side I can remember). I have been a FAN of all these sides and many more including Brazil of 1970 , does this mean I have not been a Hibs supporter while watching these other teams. I have also supported other teams like The Posh when I lived in Peterborough and obviously Bonnyrigg Rose. As a Hibs supporter we feel football should be played in a certain way and I love any team that plays THE HIBERNIAN WAY. The OP should get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    I have been a Hibs supporter for over 60 years and a football fan for all that time. Now because I enjoyed the football of Spurs in the early 60's Man u a few years later Leeds of the 70's , Man u and Arsenal in the 90's and 2000's , also all the teams that had Scots in them ie. Cloughies Notts Forest and Derby , Aston villa with Des Bremner , the romance always of Newcastle. Then there is the family connection with Everton and Man City. Also enjoyed the foreign teams like Archibalds Barca , Real Madrid in the 60's (when we could see them occasionally) , AC Milan with Gullit etc , Real Madrid with the Galacticos , and the current Barca (the best club side I can remember). I have been a FAN of all these sides and many more including Brazil of 1970 , does this mean I have not been a Hibs supporter while watching these other teams. I have also supported other teams like The Posh when I lived in Peterborough and obviously Bonnyrigg Rose. As a Hibs supporter we feel football should be played in a certain way and I love any team that plays THE HIBERNIAN WAY. The OP should get a life.
    Damn You is a MAJOR 'Glory Hunter'

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Maybe they admire the fact that a Scottish manager has dominated English football for the past 25 years.

Maybe they grew up admiring the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, (G & P) Neville, Keane etc.

Maybe those of the older generation grew up admiring the likes of Charlton, Law and Best.

Maybe they admire the football they play.

There's a whole host of reasons for why supporters of a club like Hibs would be a fan of a club like Manchester Utd. There's loads of people on here who go on about Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal and Barcelona.

Why not speak about them?
    This one for me and been down to see a few games and enjoy watching them. I really don't care what anyone else thinks don't see what the big deal is to be honest who cares

First Team Breakthrough Hibeesb0unc3's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DILL0N TAYL0R
    does it really matter, i have a season ticket at hibs and have done for about 8 years. So who does it matter who else i am a fan/supporter of so long as i am still giving money and supporting hibs. Btw i support west ham and watford

include Chelsea and Liverpool and Arsenal then.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Got season tickets for bothe Hibs & Man U.

But would rather go to ER by train on a Saturday and support Hibs or rather eat my prawn sandwhich in the West Stand.

Tomorrow I will be at OT cheering on the REDS and hopefully taking one step closer to the 19th title.

We're Man United
    We do what we want
    Lucky, Lucky win

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Lucky, Lucky win
    It was without a doubt

If Matt Taylor had planted his free header either side of Ed VdeSar then the result would have been so much different.

But Man U ALWAYS seem to grind out results - probably why they have been so successful

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    But Man U ALWAYS seem to grind out results - probably why they have been so successful

Very similar mindset to Arsenal under George Graham

There are things you can do, try cuting down the amount of food you eat and try grilling instead of frying. There are many over the counter products available from your local pharmacy that mey help but if it continues for a prolonged period of time I would advise you to consult a doctor.