hibs.net Messageboard

#26 stopped at Greggs

Rory mcalister from Brechin may be worth a look at,iv heard pa broon will go in for him if CM leaves,worth a punt on 2-3 year deal

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think he has had a couple of goes at full time football already and apparently has a very good job so it would take a right good offer to tempt him back in to full time football.

Could be outside Aberdeen's salary range but will he be within ours?

derek mcinnes said on sportscene last night he was a player that they've had their eye on for a while

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he has had a couple of goes at full time football already and apparently has a very good job so it would take a right good offer to tempt him back in to full time football.

Could be outside Aberdeen's salary range but will he be within ours?
    Somehow I doubt that if he's outside of Aberdeen's salary bracket, that that would place him in ours. I would imagine Aberdeen can manage better salaries than we can.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I'm sure he was linked with Hibs on this site a couple of months back.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Somehow I doubt that if he's outside of Aberdeen's salary bracket, that that would place him in ours. I would imagine Aberdeen can manage better salaries than we can.
    Doubt it. They are in alot of debt. Have a stadium thats as old and wrinkley as their manager. They were getting about 7k attendances for most of the season. They did not want to sack Mcghee because it cost a few bob on compensation.

We have had him watched too.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Why?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    We have had him watched too.
    I'm led to believe we offered him a deal along with a few other teams including Aberdeen and at least one english club. His stock may have risen since so may be out of our hands

I thought he was doing well at Caley, how'd he end up at Brechin?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Doubt it. They are in alot of debt. Have a stadium thats as old and wrinkley as their manager. They were getting about 7k attendances for most of the season. They did not want to sack Mcghee because it cost a few bob on compensation.
    .....and they are hoping to start work on their new stadium in the next year whish has a shortfall of about £20m in funding at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    im sure this is the lad that that caught at rockness with some white powder in his car,thats cleaned up his act now tho.
    Not him, so you might be best advised to delete that post!

Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    im sure this is the lad that that caught at rockness with some white powder in his car,thats cleaned up his act now tho.
    Richie Hart, now of Hibernians in Malta.

Not Rory McAllister.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-cocaine.html

Yes i should have done a quick check 1st before posting that,its what i heard from a guy in the pub.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    McAllister was originally with the sheep but was released and signed for ICT where he scored just four goals in fifty appearances.

He's done well at Brechin, but its a big difference between hitting the back of the net in Division Two than it is in the SPL.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    I would be much happier if we had an interest in John Sutton, whose contract I believe is up in August. This guy scores and has a bit of presence about him and is quite good in the air too. He would certainly be one I would be delighted to see at Easter Road, a proven goalscorer.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    I would be much happier if we had an interest in John Sutton, whose contract I believe is up in August. This guy scores and has a bit of presence about him and is quite good in the air too. He would certainly be one I would be delighted to see at Easter Road, a proven goalscorer.
    I'd take him over Sodje every day of the week, although i hope CC has his sights a bit higher, and we get real quality in during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

Would take John Sutton have always liked his style of play,could see us looking at young EPL/championship fringe players RP must be rubbing his hands at the thought of sell on value if CC can bring on who we are keeping and who we bring in,then next season should be good.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    On the goalkeeping front, I see that Cammy Bell from Kilmarnock is out of contract at the end of the season and by the looks of things he intends to move on.

Any time i have seen the guy he looks like a top quality keeper and he would make an ideal addition to our squad - especially with the uncertainty surrounding the future fitness of Graham Stack.