hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Benidorm

Left by mutual consent!

Benidorm

Is it any good at the start of April? Or at any time for that matter as I've never been.

I'm looking for a weekend away from 08-11 April (no movement in dates) for around £250 each maximum (flights and hotels).

I can see prices just now around £220 each for three nights with cracking flight times but I don't have the money a week or so before we leave. The flights are with Ryanair.

There's a deal in a 5* hotel in Amsterdam with flights included for £250 each as well but I'd probably end up bubbled for the whole weekend which I don't think the missus would appreciate!

I'm hoping that the prices stay the same or are pretty similar nearer the time but it's wishful thinking.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think personally its a bit of a dive. Blackpool with sun. Its full of common and jakey Brits. Saying that, the old town is meant to be ok with lots of cheap bars and so on. Depends what your after. If you look about you will get a great weekend away for £250.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just looking for a bit of sun, a laugh and chill out. The weather is going to be hit and miss though.

I'm limiting myself to places that leave direct from Edinburgh. I might expand that to Glasgow depending on flight and train times through there but I'd rather not.

I ended up in Benidorm in May a couple of years ago. It's ok although still a bit quiet that time of year. Warm enough though.

You will get absolutely zero culture and the place does tend to be full of boozed up, semi threatening, lobster red never heard of UV rays and skin cancer Brits. However if you take it for what it is, if you're looking for a cheap few day away with a bit of sun and a few beers then it's fine.

First Team Regular Leicester Fan's Avatar
    I went to Benidorm at Easter a few years ago and the weather was terrible dull, cold or raining. It was made worse by the fact that Britain had record hot weather for the time of year while I was there.

As a place Benidorm is a great if all you are after is a bit of fun and relaxation.

Each to their own but I'd stay well clear of Benidorm. It's a complete kite hole.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Stolen from another thread on here this is why us Hibees should stay clear of Benidorm at all costs!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBKXA...eature=related

I realise that's the 12th July but it gives you an idea what some posters on here are talking about regarding the Brits that turn up there

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stolen from another thread on here this is why us Hibees should stay clear of Benidorm at all costs!

I realise that's the 12th July but it gives you an idea what some posters on here are talking about regarding the Brits that turn up there
    I was on holiday a few years back and was ignorant to the whole battle bull**** and had no idea what it was.

Me and a mate were talking to a few northern Irish lassies and they said they were having a great day. I asked what was so a great, they said they were Irish and what did I think. I said st paddy's day. They weren't happy!

Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post

I can't have been the only one willing that scaffolding in the background at the start to collapse on top of them.

Listen mate,benidorm is exellent,i have a shop there,you can have cheap and cheerful or you can have upmarket.People seem to come all the way from Britain to sit in bars showing Eastenders and Corrie,why do they bother coming?Today for example it was 25 degrees as i drove home from work at 4.30pm so don't worry about the weather,it's 1 euro a pint in most of the bars and you can get a full english brekkie for around 2 euros.Come and enjoy your holiday.By the way,i saw about 12 Hibbies getting off the the bus today,they were staying at the Levante hotel.

Left by mutual consent!
    Cheers.

The price of the flights keep jumping up and down. I can't book til the day before I want to leave so hoping I can still get something.

It's only looking like there or the dam and been to the dam five times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Cheers.

The price of the flights keep jumping up and down. I can't book til the day before I want to leave so hoping I can still get something.

It's only looking like there or the dam and been to the dam five times already.
    If you can fly out on the Thursday you can do Lisbon for about £150 each with easy jet. It is an amazing place and I would highly recommend it. If it has to be the Friday then try Madrid. Easy jet will get you there (and back)for around about £160 each. It's anoher amazing place and there is plenty on offer.
    Course if you are just looking for a cheap piss up then you'd be better off in Benidorm. (Still a dump though).

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingJack View Post
    Listen mate,benidorm is exellent,i have a shop there,you can have cheap and cheerful or you can have upmarket.People seem to come all the way from Britain to sit in bars showing Eastenders and Corrie,why do they bother coming?Today for example it was 25 degrees as i drove home from work at 4.30pm so don't worry about the weather,it's 1 euro a pint in most of the bars and you can get a full english brekkie for around 2 euros.Come and enjoy your holiday.By the way,i saw about 12 Hibbies getting off the the bus today,they were staying at the Levante hotel.

You question why they bother to come to sit in and watch TV they can see at home...........................then you comment on the cheap ENGLISH BREKKIE as a way to sell the place...........Brilliant!!

Left by mutual consent!
    It looks like we can get a half decent place with flights for 300. Could do with the sun. Checked the weather and it's been in the twenties.

Looking at 50 quid taxi fares to Edinburgh airport and spending money for two for three nights.

Looking at 350-400 quid spending money for three nights. Will that be enough?

Alternatively go to Newcastle for two nights for 80 each plus spending.

Still deciding whether the sun is worth the extra 400-450 quid though.

Got a budget of 750 for two.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    It looks like we can get a half decent place with flights for 300. Could do with the sun. Checked the weather and it's been in the twenties.

Looking at 50 quid taxi fares to Edinburgh airport and spending money for two for three nights.

Looking at 350-400 quid spending money for three nights. Will that be enough?

Alternatively go to Newcastle for two nights for 80 each plus spending.

Still deciding whether the sun is worth the extra 400-450 quid though.

Got a budget of 750 for two.

Did you check out my suggestions? It's been around the 20s in Lisbon and you can get return flights for around about £300 for you both. On the other case though, if you going to pay £50 for a taxi can you get to Glasgow? You can do Malaga for around about £170 each return. Would open up the whole of the Costa del Sol as an option. Pitty you can't fly out on the Sat and return on the Tue cause you can do Faro in the Algarve for £130 return each.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm looking to spend around 300-350 at most for the flight and hotel and need to leave the Friday.

The 50 is two twentyfive pound trips to Edinburgh airport.

I'll update with what we do on Thursday when I book something.

Cheers for suggestions.

If you're not bothered where you go have a look on here. The last minute deals are always an absolute steal.

Well, where did he go?

Left by mutual consent!
    Up town in Edinburgh. Went for a meal and then to the stand comedy club.

I had to lend the missus money to pay her rent so the whole weekend was screwed.

I'm not to happy and have a stinking hangover from the tequila.