hibs.net Messageboard

New Radiohead album

The king of Limbs. Anyone else downloaded this yet?

Same deal as In Rainbows, only available via download initially then available to buy as a CD next month.

Any Radiohead fans out there then i would definitely recommend, just listened to it all the way through, usual high standard.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The king of Limbs. Anyone else downloaded this yet?

Same deal as In Rainbows, only available via download initially then available to buy as a CD next month.

Any Radiohead fans out there then i would definitely recommend, just listened to it all the way through, usual high standard.

I love Radiohead, will definitely be downloading this later on for a listen. One of the best bands in the world at the moment, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

After OK computer it all went a bit obscure for my tastes. Ive only listened go Kid A once, very hard going. Is there new stuff similar to that?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    After OK computer it all went a bit obscure for my tastes. Ive only listened go Kid A once, very hard going. Is there new stuff similar to that?
    Agree that both Kid A and Amnesiac are probably a bit harder going than earlier works like OK Computer or The Bends.

When Kid A was being recorded there was a lot of tension within the band with rumours of a split and whatever. Thom Yorke was pretty severely depressed at the time and had writers block, he had also became quite obsessed with electro and more obscure instruments, this was refelcted in his solo album released later. The sound wasn't really classic Radiohead although i still really liked it as well as 'sister' album Amnesiac.

Since then they have moved musical style again, Hail To The Thief drew influence from all the previous albums with a lot of guitar driven tracks although it still carried an undercurrent of the electro sound.

IMO the last album In rainbows has a strong claim to be the best Radiohead album. The whole album just seemed to flow IMO and was a very easy listen whilst maintaining the complexity of sound that makes Radiohead the band they are.

The newest album is in the same bracket really, guitar driven, electro undercurrents but more accessible than Kid A or Amnesiac. If you like OK Computer then In Rainbows and King of Limbs are worth trying.

Cheers. I quite liked 'hail to the thief' but ok computer, the bends and pablo honey were just amazing albums...i might download in rainbows and see if its up my strasse...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Agree that both Kid A and Amnesiac are probably a bit harder going than earlier works like OK Computer or The Bends.

When Kid A was being recorded there was a lot of tension within the band with rumours of a split and whatever. Thom Yorke was pretty severely depressed at the time and had writers block, he had also became quite obsessed with electro and more obscure instruments, this was refelcted in his solo album released later. The sound wasn't really classic Radiohead although i still really liked it as well as 'sister' album Amnesiac.

Since then they have moved musical style again, Hail To The Thief drew influence from all the previous albums with a lot of guitar driven tracks although it still carried an undercurrent of the electro sound.

IMO the last album In rainbows has a strong claim to be the best Radiohead album. The whole album just seemed to flow IMO and was a very easy listen whilst maintaining the complexity of sound that makes Radiohead the band they are.

The newest album is in the same bracket really, guitar driven, electro undercurrents but more accessible than Kid A or Amnesiac. If you like OK Computer then In Rainbows and King of Limbs are worth trying.
    Would agree with that. I couldn't get into Kid A at all when it came out, however when I go back to it now having listened to and loved In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief, I appreciate it (and Amnesiac) much more.

Could pretty much just stick their albums on from Pablo Honey onwards and be contented just sat listening to them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net