hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to say I question the motivation of some of the shaven headed men I see hanging around with teenage boys at the games. I take these aren't the same blokes as the casuals?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to say I question the motivation of some of the shaven headed men I see hanging around with teenage boys at the games. I take these aren't the same blokes as the casuals?

Why don't you ask them?

I was watching a re-run recently of a documentary from (I think) 1985 about football hooliganism and in particular, the West Ham ICF. When I was watching this, I got an amazing feeling of de-ja-vu, of browsing through the book 'Hibs Boy'.

I'm not sure if AB watched the documentary at the time but it was like someone who'd either based his life, or the book, around the TV program.

I'm not saying the book was entirely made up, as it obviously happened, but I just wonder if some of the stuff was added by someone who remembered the documentary. It seems a spooky co-incidence the things that the guys on the TV program were saying were so similar to what was in Hibs Boy.

...or have I just lined myself up for a Sopranos style punishment beating, like the recent one at Tynecastle?

LINK for those who are curious.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 22-02-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Found a link

Begs the question - where do Brazilian football hooligans shave themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Begs the question - where do Brazilian football hooligans shave themselves?
    In the bathroom maybe...

That sort of thing was confined to tynecastle until Larry got his.

While the CCS may have organised their rumbles, it was the indiscrimante HBC which made life difficult for us as teenagers... i suppose every organised gang will have uncontrolable spin offs and im sure there are plenty of other non-hibees who will have a story to tell...

saying that it did make me more street wise, keeping your wits about you and identifying trouble before it happens... very important for a teenager!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    I find the whole Casual scene and Danny Dyer type stuff pretty embarrassing, I love the Hibees and I just think these guys brought shame to our great club. Can't understand trying to glorify casuals they were about as cool as Shell Suits and Burberry baseball caps, it's all just a bit Chav in my opinion.

There is nothing more sad and pathetic than a fat guy in his late 30's or early 40's who still thinks he is living the casual dream.
    couldn't agree more

ps some sad and pathetic skinny guys too

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I was watching a re-run recently of a documentary from (I think) 1985 about football hooliganism and in particular, the West Ham ICF. When I was watching this, I got an amazing feeling of de-ja-vu, of browsing through the book 'Hibs Boy'.

I'm not sure if AB watched the documentary at the time but it was like someone who'd either based his life, or the book, around the TV program.

I'm not saying the book was entirely made up, as it obviously happened, but I just wonder if some of the stuff was added by someone who remembered the documentary. It seems a spooky co-incidence the things that the guys on the TV program were saying were so similar to what was in Hibs Boy.

...or have I just lined myself up for a Sopranos style punishment beating, like the recent one at Tynecastle?

LINK for those who are curious.
    It was a similar scene all round the country well before that documentary was televised in 1985.

The film just showed one group in London, the same thing was already going on from Aberdeen to Portsmouth.

Promising Youngster Biff Tannen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Freddie was a legend. Twas reputedly he who trained top boy Tommy Ten Pies, who splattered fifty Rangers fans at Ibrox to get to front of the queue at the pie stand. Also cleared a entire street of Dundee Utility who had blocked his way to the Chinky takeaway in Hilltown. Blanche and Dykes would sabotage the catering trolley on the Scotrail so that Tommy would be utterly demented, in a rather beastly rage, and therfeore ready to attack anything when the train pulled up.
    RACIST!