hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Wow - crushing home run from Mark Teixeria into the second tier of right field.

3-1 New York.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have liftoff on the 2011 season

Nervy encounter thus far in the new Yankee stadium. Sabbathia with 3 K's thus far but the Tigers with a cagey 1-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd.
    3-1 now for the yanks haha, ive not seen Miguel Cabrera since about 2006/7 but DAMN he has packed on the weight!

3-2 now in the 5th, really close game. Tigers getting plenty runners on base without scoring.

Correia pitches for Pirates v Cubs tomorrow. Not only has he terrible career stats...he looks like michael stewart. I predict a cubs win and correia to fall over spectacularly while swinging his leg at an empty drinks bottle.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    3-1 now for the yanks haha, ive not seen Miguel Cabrera since about 2006/7 but DAMN he has packed on the weight!
    The TV does make him look quite fat - seen him last season in the flesh and he's pure muscle - his numbers are certainly the envy of most batters in the majors.

Tied again at 3-3 - good game, but I can see the Yankees beating us

Oooof i bet you wish you hadnt traded Granderson now. 4-3 yankees.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Oooof i bet you wish you hadnt traded Granderson now. 4-3 yankees.
    I've never understood us getting rid of him - he's easily one of the best leadoff hitters in the league, has pace in abundance and can knock it out the park 30+ times a season.

Money was extremely tight in the '09 season though, with the motor industry starting to crash in Detroit and he was one of the bigger earners.

I sincerely hope we have another option for our 5th rotation spot - Coke is the one BIG worry I've had about our lineup since we started Spring Training.

Edit: I also hope that other option is NOT Ryan Perry. Here's the inning which costs us Opening Day.

Gamer IDs

The Yankees pitching staff have impressed me today

Sabbathia only gave up 2 ER, Chamberlain (despite looking like a ludicrously overweight slob) fanned 3 batters without issue and Soriano looks like a pretty good acquisition RP.

We won't come back from this - a typical slow start to the season looking likely.

Its quite scary who the Yanks can call on out of that bullpen - Joba, Soriano, Rivera, Feliciano. Good for them to see Texeria get off to a good start too as hes notorious for having slow starts to the season.

Braves win against the Nats. Brewers leading the Reds in the 9th.

Edit: ANOTHER walk off win for the Reds. last year their first six wins all came from their last at bat! Bit of trivia - the Brewers started off their season with two home runs in their first two at bats - last time a team did that was 42 years ago and it was the Reds themselves.
    Last edited by James.; 31-03-2011 at 09:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar

Pirates currently tearing Cubs a new one at Wrigley Fields, but starting to shake in the bottom of the 7th and I can see us blowing it. After all, we are the Pirates. A miserably raining day in Chitown.

Go Pirates! Another season if mediocrity for the rub-a-dub-dubs ahead, methinks.

Well done Bob and the Bucs. Looks like anoher long hard season for the Cubs...

Watching a cracker in Cleveland, 14-9 White Sox.

15-10 White Sox. A cracker. sox went 14-0 in first 4 innings then went to sleep and Indians took the next 5 10-1.

Gamer IDs

See the A's got off to an excellent start! Deary me!

Watched some good games so far, totally overwhelmed by MLB.tv having access to every game is just awesome!

Beautiful spring day in Chicago, in contrast to yesterday's cold rain, as the Pirates attempt to hold on to this season's 100% in the battle of baseball's perenial losers.

Yar me hearties!

Hot 8th inning for the Cubbies, now 3-3.
    I'm loving this MLB.tv

And a win!!! 5-3.

We have two decent pitchers in our rotation, and both of them (Zambrano and Dempster), have been smashed around in their first two outings. Just as well we have such a good bullpen-i'd rather have Marmol closing out a game than almost anyone else in the league.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 02-04-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Yuck - in easy street, then folded like a pack of cards. Normal service resumed.

Willie Harris will be getting MVP chants at our home opener if he keeps up this form for the rest of the week

Relatively happy with our start. Would be nice to get the win today before heading to Philly and facing THAT rotation.

Anyone getting a no volume message on MLB.tv - given up and listening to the radio broadcast (Howie Rose our announcer also does the Islander games - he's got my dream job)

Harris continues to shine for us. Dickey's knuckleball very effective early doors.

Gamer IDs

Finally, a bloody win at last!

Think I may have cursed the Rays by picking them to go all the way - swept by the Os and Longoria now on the DL. Red Sox off to a poor start too.

Pirates beat cubs 5-4 to win the series. The defeat couldnt be more cubs-like; we scored a double thanks to the pirates centre fielder Jones getting doused with beer as he and an inebriated fan tried to grab the ball at the same time. Classy cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Pirates beat cubs 5-4 to win the series. The defeat couldnt be more cubs-like; we scored a double thanks to the pirates centre fielder Jones getting doused with beer as he and an inebriated fan tried to grab the ball at the same time. Classy cubs.
    Did you little good against those all-conquering swashbuckling heroes. Bring on the Phillies in the World Series this October. Yar!

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Did you little good against those all-conquering swashbuckling heroes. Bring on the Phillies in the World Series this October. Yar!
    That would be a special occasion- a World Series featuring 2 National League teams!

C'mon Bob- it you're going to keep on kidding on you're a Pirates fan at least remember what league they play in
    Last edited by Shrekko; 04-04-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finchster10 View Post
    That would be a special occasion- a World Series featuring 2 National League teams!

C'mon Bob- it you're going to keep on kidding on you're a Pirates fan at least remember what league they play in

Gamer IDs

The A's remind me so much of hibs.

Watched last nights game until 5-0, went to bed because the stream was bugging a bit and jumping around. Get up this morning to find that we managed to lose 7-6.

Deary me! Our starters look great but the bullpen is not up to much so far.

It appears I've put the curse on the Brewers. We've had a shocking start to the season. We've got to build on the win now though and give both the Braves and the Cubs a doing in our next handful of games.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    The all-conquering Red Sox start 0-6 before winning their first game, against NYY. Their sixth loss against the Indians was particularly hilarious. Lester pitched well but was matched by Carmona. Bard comes in and walks a punch-and-judy hitter, allows him to steal second and the go-ahead run is scored on a suicide squeeze. The Red Sox then get the tying run on in the ninth, but the final out is made by the pinch runner running too far past second base and falling on his arse.

I am now watching them play their second game against the Yankees. Joe Buck still has that annoying sore throat. Take him off air already.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    The all-conquering Red Sox start 0-6 before winning their first game, against NYY. Their sixth loss against the Indians was particularly hilarious. Lester pitched well but was matched by Carmona. Bard comes in and walks a punch-and-judy hitter, allows him to steal second and the go-ahead run is scored on a suicide squeeze. The Red Sox then get the tying run on in the ninth, but the final out is made by the pinch runner running too far past second base and falling on his arse.

I am now watching them play their second game against the Yankees. Joe Buck still has that annoying sore throat. Take him off air already.

Yankees going to win this one and put Boston on 1-7. Incredible for a team of their calibre. Braves- Phillies should be a good un later.