hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes (or at least a statistically significant majority).

Women who appear to have no specific discernible shape and for whom the phrase "plain" appears to have been invented. Seriously, squeezing into a red top literally splatttered with Brains is not a good look if you have the figure (and in some cases luxuriant facial hair) of a sasquatch.

The men appear to fall entirely into one of three groups. Huge buffoon-like oafs, dull-witted yet threateningly malignant, Over muscled, arrogant prigs with a supremacy complex, and little wiry, shifty-looking ratlike creatures, often without a discernible chin for some reason.

But to take Wembley67's point, youre right, look at how Bolton reacted in 2009. To attack rugbyists is not to defend the less savoury element of our (or any other football teams) support. It is to have a pop at the double standards displayed on the basis of which particular sport you like.
    I don't think it's any secret that boorishness and rugby go hand in hand.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    The Welsh rugger ***** were out in Haddington last night. Oh dear.

They were loud and crude to begin with. They seemed to really enjoy pulling off their manky tops and filling the pub with the scent of BO. Then there was the groping of the female barstaff and the downright vulgar remarks. The unmistakeable drone of Tom Jones on the jukebox is not a suitable soundtrack for a Saturday night either.

They were ignorant, too. They appeared to have a problem with folk politely asking them to let them through to the bar, so people were pushing their way through and they objected to this - A couple scuffles ensued and that was that. Needless scuffles, as they would have been avoided had they not been standing around the bar and being arsey when folk tried to get past.

Then there was the 'mooning' down the street - seriously, you're fat, bald and I don't want to see your backside. What's that about? One of them also spilled pretty much a full pint down my mate, and made no apologies. Fair to say, I wish they'd stayed in the valleys this weekend.

Are all Welsh rugby followers fannies?
    bunch of egg chasing hoorah henries....

Was in a pub full of them a couple of years ago and it was actually pathetic watching them groping the bar staff and trying to pass it off as banter.

As said above, if it was football fans....it wouldn't have been tolerated.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Wait till i make up a really witty song that we can all belt out at high volume much to the annoyance of everyone else. Like having the chuckle brother clones on the train tonight.
    Out of interest, what train were you on?

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    North berwick at 4:40

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

<p>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    North berwick at 4:40
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    Just wondered if you had been on the same train as me (you weren't). There was a couple of Welsh rugby fans on my train that night and they were a right laugh. They fair cheered up the normally boring train journey home and raised a few smiles and laughs from the grumpy gits that are normally on the train.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    <p></p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    Just wondered if you had been on the same train as me (you weren't). There was a couple of Welsh rugby fans on my train that night and they were a right laugh. They fair cheered up the normally boring train journey home and raised a few smiles and laughs from the grumpy gits that are normally on the train.
    There were around 10 on mine, making everyone grumpy gits. They were tools of the highest order but obviously found each other hilarious. Probably spent the rest of the evening sticking their thumbs up each others bums in some rugby club drinking game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Fair enough. there was only 2 on my train. If there had been more it probably would have been rather tedious.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    What do you think?

Sure if Hibs played down in Wales there would be people saying the exact same about us.

I wouldn't deny that there's an unsavoury element in any football/rugby team's support, but the proportion of arrogant bullying plooks among rugby fans is certainly a lot higher than among (say) the Scotland football team's away support. (And you KNOW I'm not THEIR biggest fan by a long chalk.)

You have the big guys who just assume that since there's a dozen of them and they're bigger than anyone else in the pub/carriage/street they have the right to make life miserable for everyone around them.

Then there are the wee nasty weasel-faced ones who make themselves obnoxious - they're the ones the bar-staff have to watch out for, IMO. As soon as anyone objects to THEIR carry-on, they call up their big mates, all 12 of them, and it's "What are you going to do about it, then?" time.

And then there are the women. Straight off shift in the Port Talbot steelworks five days before, and haven't washed (or been sober) since.

English men the same, only with a 'YAH' accent. English women tend to be Essex girls, full of themselves. Irish not much better.

French not IMO as bad, but seasoned with onion and garlic. At least their women look good. Cruel to cockerels, though.

Scots? What can you say about anyone who pays good money to watch the Scotland team THESE days? At least they're getting the punishment they deserve.

There. A balanced and unbiased assessment, folks.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I wouldn't deny that there's an unsavoury element in any football/rugby team's support, but the proportion of arrogant bullying plooks among rugby fans is certainly a lot higher than among (say) the Scotland football team's away support. (And you KNOW I'm not THEIR biggest fan by a long chalk.)

You have the big guys who just assume that since there's a dozen of them and they're bigger than anyone else in the pub/carriage/street they have the right to make life miserable for everyone around them.

Then there are the wee nasty weasel-faced ones who make themselves obnoxious - they're the ones the bar-staff have to watch out for, IMO. As soon as anyone objects to THEIR carry-on, they call up their big mates, all 12 of them, and it's "What are you going to do about it, then?" time.

And then there are the women. Straight off shift in the Port Talbot steelworks five days before, and haven't washed (or been sober) since.

English men the same, only with a 'YAH' accent. English women tend to be Essex girls, full of themselves. Irish not much better.

French not IMO as bad, but seasoned with onion and garlic. At least their women look good. Cruel to cockerels, though.

Scots? What can you say about anyone who pays good money to watch the Scotland team THESE days? At least they're getting the punishment they deserve.

Cannae really argue with that
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post

unadulterated tosh.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Funny all these folk on here calling Welsh rugby fans "hoorah henries" and the like, conveniently forgetting that in Wales rugby is as much as a working class sport as football.

Personally, as a fan of multiple sports, I find this "my sport has better fans than your sport" drivel utterly boring.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    Funny all these folk on here calling Welsh rugby fans "hoorah henries" and the like, conveniently forgetting that in Wales rugby is as much as a working class sport as football.

Personally, as a fan of multiple sports, I find this "my sport has better fans than your sport" drivel utterly boring.
    Well said.

When you get 40,000 fans travelling to one city, there are going to be some twats amonst them. Be it football, rugby, Oasis or boxing fans, there will be an element who misbehave.

As somebody who was in Dublin midweek for the Celtic Cup game and at Murrayfield at the weekend, I can assure you the worst behaviour I witnessed came in Dublin..................from the Northern Irish fans.

Middle-class thugs