hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Music Festivals

Music Festivals

Beyonce headlining Glastonbury is happening to the world. What happened to all the good rock bands over the years who used to stick one middle fingure up to the system and so on. Jay Z, I could just about put up with but beyonce mimeing and wiggling her ass for a couple of hours is just a farce and is not music as I know it. Whats next Take That to headline T in the Park. .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyonce headlining Glastonbury is happening to the world. What happened to all the good rock bands over the years who used to stick one middle fingure up to the system and so on. Jay Z, I could just about put up with but beyonce mimeing and wiggling her ass for a couple of hours is just a farce and is not music as I know it. Whats next Take That to headline T in the Park. .
    Cannae wait to hear what King Noel has to say on this one

Rockness for me this year. Kasabian confirmed already.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    I wanted to see Jay-Z at TITP last year, but I was passed out in a portaloo after spewing all down myself watching The Cribs and deciding I was going for a sleep...

I'm off to Coachella, good line up this year.

Kings of Leon headlining the Friday (this would have excited me 3 or 4 years ago). Also on the Friday are Black Keys, Interpol and Chemical Brothers.

Saturday headlined by Arcade Fire. Also appearing are Bright Eyes (whom i can't wait to see again), Animal Collective, Empire of the Sun and Mumford and Sons ().

Sunday has 2 headliners: Kanye West and The Strokes (). Probably the best day overall as it also features Duran Duran, Death from Above, Leftfield, Dj Zinc, Neon Trees, Jimmy Eat World, Nas, Damian Marley and PJ Harvey.

Can't wait.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm off to Coachella, good line up this year.

Kings of Leon headlining the Friday (this would have excited me 3 or 4 years ago). Also on the Friday are Black Keys, Interpol and Chemical Brothers.

Saturday headlined by Arcade Fire. Also appearing are Bright Eyes (whom i can't wait to see again), Animal Collective, Empire of the Sun and Mumford and Sons ().

Sunday has 2 headliners: Kanye West and The Strokes (). Probably the best day overall as it also features Duran Duran, Death from Above, Leftfield, Dj Zinc, Neon Trees, Jimmy Eat World, Nas, Damian Marley and PJ Harvey.

Can't wait.
    The Sunday sounds superb mate, a really excellent mixture of artists. Especially Duran Duran!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Jimmy Eat World are awesome.

Kinda fancy T for Blink 182 and Foo Fighters but dont the rest of the line up will be pish id imagine.

Download or Reading im hoping for.

First Team Breakthrough stevensons-fan's Avatar
    I'll be off to Creamfields again for the third time in a row. I absolutely love this festival, great music and pretty cheap too! Creamfields and Ibiza in the space of a few days, what a summer!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I wanted to see Jay-Z at TITP last year, but I was passed out in a portaloo after spewing all down myself watching The Cribs and deciding I was going for a sleep...

I stayed conscious through the Cribs just because Unicorn Kid was on when they finished but woke up in a similar state in a corner of the Slam Tent later on during Fake Blood, then realising it was 9:20 and I'd missed half of Madness, thus performing the fastest 800m sprint ever seen at T!

I quite fancy Benicassim this year but it's the week after T so not sure if I could handle that, I require at least a weeks recuperation after T normally! Rock am Ring, Roskilde, Pukkelpop, Primavera and Sziget are all festivals I want to visit sooner rather than later.

Coachella looks great, wish I could jet off the the States for it. A genuine mixture of great artists and I never tire of seeing Interpol.

Unless Pulp get round to announcing a proper tour, I'll head down to see them at Wireless at the start of July.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I think I saw you do that at the cribs. Was sitting on a wee patch of grass with my auld man, can mind laughing and him telling me he'd been in that state at festivals many a time.

Beyonce headlining is a bit of a shocker to be honest. I'd even be less appalled if it was Lady Gaga...even she's better than Beyonce!

I am off to Soundwave in Australia in a couple of weeks...Iron Maiden headlining

http://www.soundwavefestival.com/lineup

A fair bit of the line up is not really to my taste, but I'm actually glad because nobody I want to see clashes with anyone else!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    haddowfest, titp and wickerman again this year for me, waiting impatiently for more lineup news.

@hibs.net private member
    Off to Wickerman again, 10th anniversary so hopefully some surprises.

Too many people with events management degrees if you ask me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Got it confirmed that this year will be my first Benicassim.

We're seriously looking to go to InMusic festival in Zagreb. Has anyone been before?

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Im off to reading this year having given up on T (too many people from glasgow) and oxegen ( the weather has been shocking both times iv been) done reading the day ivan popped in 3 scorching hot with my hibs top on with loads of english telling me the score foo fighters,incubus,nofx,and iron maiden were no bad too
    Last edited by cocopops1875; 16-02-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Rewind Festival for me.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Glasto again for this old hippie.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    Rewind Festival for me.
    Rick Astley

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Rick Astley
    Hubba Hubba!!

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    Hubba Hubba!!
    You are a weirdo

.....and where did you get my picture for your avatar
    Last edited by Removed; 16-02-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    You are a weirdo

.....and where did you get my picture for your avatar

In your ****ing dreams!