hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin scott

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar

Martin scott

Looked promising, showed some nice touches and displayed a bit of passion/aggression.

Well done son!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looked promising, showed some nice touches and displayed a bit of passion/aggression.

Well done son!
    had more fight today that anyone has shown in the last 12 months! the guy wants to establish homself in the team and league and has no intention of playing 1st division next season and we need more attitudes like his!

@hibs.net private member rubber mal's Avatar
    Exactly the type of player we've been crying out for. I haven't seen a Hibs player with such drive since Scott Brown.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Got no second half from him though. That's maybe being a bit hard on him.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he looked very good. Got stuck in but had a good pass on him as well. Let's hope that this is the type of quality CC has an eye for as he rebuilds

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Good point, but I thought that he appeared to be playing further towards the touchline in the 2nd half. I also think the booking played a big part as he had to be wary about getting sent off, that wouldn't have helped our cause much.

It may sound strange but I have a feeling Martin and Deeks may form a good partnership, don't ask me why though.

Coaching Staff
    I'd give him player of the season so far.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'd give him player of the season so far.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    He took a tasty knock which would have probably have put a few of his team mates out for a month.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Well played Martin..you showed more fight and determination in 90mins than most of that lot have all season. Tried his best and surprised me in the fact he had skill and not just a engine to buzz about on.

Could be a good edition even despite the fact he makes Riordan look like Brad Pitt.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    he put a couple off good crosses aswell, but as usual no one round about the penalty spot to have a shot/header!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Was impressed by him, fought for every loose ball and was getting stuck in as much as possible, reminded me of Scott Brown in a way... hopefully he is CC's first good signing.

Testimonial Due
    I did not see any of this.

My sat nav was broken today so perhaps it took me to the wrong game. I saw a player that was pretty like John Rankin, at one stage during the first half the guy next to me said 'just a ross county player in a hibs jersey'.

I hope I am wrong and he can become a player for us, but based on today, no thanks.

First Team Breakthrough Duffys13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post

My sat nav was broken today so perhaps it took me to the wrong game. I saw a player that was pretty like John Rankin, at one stage during the first half the guy next to me said 'just a ross county player in a hibs jersey'.

I hope I am wrong and he can become a player for us, but based on today, no thanks.
    Rankin runs about next to the ball doing nothing, I thought Martin was always available and at least trying to make things happen today. Looking forward to seeing him and Palsson gettin to know each others games. I reckon Palsson could get us a few goals also after seeing him today.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffys13 View Post
    Rankin runs about next to the ball doing nothing, I thought Martin was always available and at least trying to make things happen today. Looking forward to seeing him and Palsson gettin to know each others games. I reckon Palsson could get us a few goals also after seeing him today.
    'Available' - great! I would f-ing hope so.

We will all have different opinions and as I say I would like him to come good, but being available does nothing for me, his passing was at time terrible, and I dont know what he was trying to make happen.

He did do a very good tam mcmanus impression a couple of times, the old fall down, role over and then soak up the fans delighted when he drags himself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post

Well done son!

Good first half, plenty of dig..... Faded in 2nd, maybe needs game time....

Testimonial Due

Surely you can admit there is a difference from Rankin in that he has a physical presence and can tackle so even the extremely negative fan can take a little comfort in that our midfield is no longer full of the diddy men.

A small step in the right direction at least....... with a few others to remedy in c24hrs.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    Surely you can admit there is a difference from Rankin in that he has a physical presence and can tackle so even the extremely negative fan can take a little comfort in that our midfield is no longer full of the diddy men.

A small step in the right direction at least....... with a few others to remedy in c24hrs.
    Firstly I would descibe myself as an optamistic fan. As for seeing an improvement no.

I will link that to your last statement which to be honest has left me lost for words. Firstly, last time we went up there we deserved at least a point maybe even three, we took a point a few weeks ago at easter road, today we got beat three nil going on 6 nil.

Do you think that is a 'step in the right direction'???????

First Team Breakthrough

'Available' - great! I would f-ing hope so.

We will all have different opinions and as I say I would like him to come good, but being available does nothing for me, his passing was at time terrible, and I dont know what he was trying to make happen.

He did do a very good tam mcmanus impression a couple of times, the old fall down, role over and then soak up the fans delighted when he drags himself up.
    It would appear that your opinion is the minority one.

Quote Originally Posted by Currie-Cabbage View Post
    It would appear that your opinion is the minority one.
    Just like her opinions of Murray, Nish, Rankin, Booth....

She's a wind up merchant. Pay no attention to her

Coaching Staff

Dont agree with any of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Just like her opinions of Murray, Nish, Rankin, Booth....

She's a wind up merchant. Pay no attention to her

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Aken his ma. Shes chuffed for him.

Funny that we see yet another thread were you crop up with exactly the opposite opinion of just about every other poster.

Quote Originally Posted by HNA11 View Post
    Funny that we see yet another thread were you crop up with exactly the opposite opinion of just about every other poster.
    Very strange indeed

That goes for all his posts,they also come over as being full of hatred to all other supporters.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought the new boys did ok today. It was good to see a Hibs player (Scott) nearly starting a fight trying to get the ball back at 3-0 down. Thought Palsson was tidy, as was Towell. Thought Booth was great though.

I thought the guy had a good debut, away from home, at a level he's not being playing at regularly.

He will not be ignorant of the fact he'll be given more scrutiny than usual given our position and will be expected to perform straight away. Not an easy set of circumstances to be faced with in your first game and I thought he did really well .

Did fade slightly in the second half if I'm going to be critical but a good start. Will give this guy and the other newbies my backing on Wednesday.

Far too soon to judge any of the new players but Scott was what I`d expect - a combative midfield player with no frills - probably what we need for a relegation battle and with an attitude which will keep more vocal element of team`s critics quiet at time of high pressure . Will do a job for us if we go down but hopefully it won`t come to that . Booking was deserved and totally unnecessary ( thought United player was unlucky to get card ) so discipline record may be another problem - after card he seemed to hold back in tackles which is really his main strength I suppose .

Testimonial Due
    I could not give a flying one if my opinion is different to everyones on here, in fact I am glad given the pish that floats about.

I was at the game today, Wother...whatever is name is gave his armchair view you have yours, football is like that. I was there I saw it and I am entitled to my view.