hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the two new lads did well, trowell is ok, nothing special. Along with Booth it gives us two diddy men as full backs who are very susceptible to the diagonal balls, especially when those wide players or supporting ones are so much bigger.
    By "diddy men" are you saying you don't rate Booth or Towell?

To put it another way - do you think they're better or worse than those they've replaced?

Obviously there are 3 key positions that need to be sorted pronto (GK, CH, CF) but where I'm going is; do you think CC is improving the team with the guys he's brought in?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
    Why ask about positives from the game, we lose week in week out, where the hell can you find positives in that. 2nd bottom of the league & sinking faster than the Titanic...
    But some folk think we are improving. I wasn't at the game today and I'm interested ahead of the St Mirren game

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybee View Post
    By "diddy men" are you saying you don't rate Booth or Towell?

To put it another way - do you think they're better or worse than those they've replaced?

Obviously there are 3 key positions that need to be sorted pronto (GK, CH, CF) but where I'm going is; do you think CC is improving the team with the guys he's brought in?
    The two full backs look decent, but also have their weaknesses, height being one of them.

Couple that with two weak central defenders and we have a new defence, 3 of them still kids with hardly much 1st team football at all at this level, in fact 2 of them with practically none.

I didn't imagine it today, we did lose 3-0 didn't we?

they have got rid of the narrow knee breaking wooden seats at tannadice and replaced them with plastic ones.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He's not won one game since coming to easter road, and we have not scored a goal in all that time either, whats there to be positive about?

First Team Regular GREEN WARLORD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
    Why ask about positives from the game, we lose week in week out, where the hell can you find positives in that. 2nd bottom of the league & sinking faster than the Titanic...
    Maybe he asked for positives because it has become extremely tiresome talking about how stinkingly bad we are every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Based on what I've heard on hear (wasn't at the game, nor did I listen to it on the radio) my team for St Mirren is:

Brown
    Towell Stephens Hanlon Booth
    Scott Pallson Thornhill
    Miller
    Byrne Trakys

Nish's time was up in the summer IMHO, so will not expect to see him again, and with Miller no longer tasked with being a ball-winner I think if he plays as a more attacking midfielder we will see results.
    My formation would be a 4-1-2-1-2, with Pallson playing in front of the defence, Scott and Thornhill playing infront of him and slightly wider, providing a bit more width, but not playing as wingers.
    Byrne ripped the pish out of teams in the second division, and St Mirren are as close as he'll get in the SPL (apart from us) so would want him to play off Trakys - if not Trakys then Duffy but PLEASE not Colin Nish.
    top post mate agree with everythin includin the team, Trakys isnt goin to get us goals but will fight and battle hard.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    Booth - excellent on the ball and looks like he will be a great player for years to come.

Palsson - Big, strong, very composed and looks like he has a good football brain with a good range of passes in his locker. Expect big things when he settles in.

Scott - fantastic engine with a superb aggressive attitude. The type of combatitive midfielder we have been missing for years now.

Hanlon - Looks the part but needs an experienced talker beside him

Miller - Looked at times that he might be the one to benefit most from having two big strong hard men in Palsson and Scott there to help him out. Still needs to play the ball earlier at times after beating his man. However with the useless Nish upfront nobody was showing or making the right runs for him
    Positive comments for 5 of the 11?

The other new players may turn out to be decent but to be honest the only positive I saw today was Scott who looked like he could offer something.

Oh, and the steward getting knocked out by the ball as mentioned by someone else.

The new signings impressed me, the wee hoodrats in the shed & the steward getting floored by Duffy :notworthy:

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Had galbraith scored i think it would have been a different game. We were playing well at that point and I think we would have gained confidence and go on to win the match. As soon as miller missed the second chance I was just waiting for utd to punish us.

What a huge match Wednesday is. The biggest in recent years. A win could see us get confidence and pull away. A loss would be catastrophic .

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The two full backs look decent, but also have their weaknesses, height being one of them.

Couple that with two weak central defenders and we have a new defence, 3 of them still kids with hardly much 1st team football at all at this level, in fact 2 of them with practically none.

I didn't imagine it today, we did lose 3-0 didn't we?
    I'm not sure height is really a weakness for a fullback - Booth & Towell must be at least 5'10"?? They both look like talented athletic boys & certainly improvements on what we had before.

If you want to look at it only in terms of black & white then no doubt about it results have not improved at all. However most people would agree there's an an area between the extremes and there were some positives today.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    I have doubts about CC but it's hard to say - I wasn't at the game today - and he inherited a squad that clearly needs disbanded as it is amongst the worst I have seen - for whatever reason.

Given the players he's brought in, I have hope that he is targeting the weakness - but a bit to do yet. Strong centre half and striker needed. And need to be proven.

Still worried about some questionable decisions (eg Smith amongst other ones) but hoping at least he's identified our weaknesses. His knowledge of the Scottish game is probably causing him nightmares though - doubt he had any idea how bad we were...

@hibs.net private member
    The positives for me today were the two fullbacks - both of whom look an improvement on previous incumbents- and Scott who put himself about well today and was always involved. Even if not all of his touches came off today he looked like he had the right idea and looks a good acquisition.