hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: player ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have explained what I believe the difference between a 6 and a 7 is, I wont do it again, but I would encourage you to read my post again, perhaps that will help.

With regards to Miller he was our best player, if you think our midfield should be pulling in a 6 or 7 on the back of a 3 nil defeat then ou have issues beyond player ratings. Again I explained my reasoning behind miller and palsson, miller was the best player, Palsson out of the new recruits was by far the best, I have mearly acknowledged his debut in his grade.

I do again seem to have missed your grades - whats your view, stick it up and I will spend the next hour tearing it to pieces - I will however do it with a bit of common sense / knowledge.

Ah thanks for explaining, could you now explain the difference between 3-4 and 5-6.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    So the 5-6 decent chances made today compaired to the previous matches had sod all to do with the midfield giving us more options and generally better than before.

I sat through all 90 mins, you are going to have to point me to the "5-6 decent chances".

With regards to the previous games our midfield were stronger against both rangers and celtic, I dont think either team had as much possession in the middle of the field. With regards to Motherwell I would class decent chances as thoses such as the Zouma one on one and the penatly - I dont recall any chances as clear as that today.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Smith - 6 - didn't do much wrong today - there's only so much a goalkeeper CAN do when his defense leaves him as exposed as he was today - kicking needs improving.

Towell - 7 - looked pretty comfortable today but didn't get forward quite as well as last week. Good prospect, wherever he ends up beyond this season.

Dickoh - 2 - an absolute liability - can't pass, can't tackle, no composure and leaves his keeper exposed far too often - seems to have issues working in a line at the back, leaving players onside a fair few times.

Hanlon - 2 - Didn't think he was much better than Dickoh today in all honesty - failed to deal with a lot of the balls into the area and was equally to blame for the first and third goals, leaving players in the box - Daly lost him far too easily.

Booth - 7 - thought he looked very composed on the ball today. Was intelligent in his distribution of the ball, brought the ball out of defense well and not many United attacks came down their right hand side.

Miller - 4 - looked better on the wing than he has in the centre in recent weeks, but his inability to get stuck in is a continued issue. He can beat a player, he can pass, but he's not showing it anywhere near enough.

Scott - 8 - thought he was MoM today - put me in mind of a young Scott Brown actually - good drive, willing to get stuck in, can run with the ball and looks very vocal. Thought he took a while to find his passing range today, but once he got going, he looked a very composed and controlling CM.

Palsson - 7 - had a good eye for spraying passes. Not much bite to his play, but he did make one or two crucial tackles. He looks like a slightly more composed and physical version of Liam Miller.

Galbraith - 3 - As per the match update thread, I don't see what he offers to the side. His passing is abysmal, his positional sense is poor, he can't tackle, can't finish and not once did he get back to assist Booth.

Nish - 2 - the big man will get more pelters and I'd say they're justified. He has no pace and can't run the channels, his passing leaves a lot to be desired, he gives away needless fouls, can't read an offside line and looks clueless in front of goal. He won a few balls in the air today and set up Galbraith very well, but there's no point in him knocking these balls down when it's obvious nobody is supporting him.

Wotherspoon - 5 - Didn't think he was great today - forced a good save from Pernis, but other than that, didn't offer much. Didn't get up to support Nish enough, passing was awful, no commitment to tackles and a bit unsure of where he should be playing. He has potential, but he isn't showing it just now.

Subs:

Duffy - 2 - done absolutely nothing when he came on - poor touch, unwilling to tackle, running in to space aimlessly and moans far too much.

Thornhill - 4 - to be fair, he didn't really get enough time to make any real judgements today. His shot over the bar was poor, but I think he only touched the ball another 3 times aside from that effort.

Byrne - 5 - got into some good positions, brought the ball down well, rustled their defense up for a bit, but ultimately, too little too late by the time he came on.

CC - 4 - his signings look good and settled in well today, but he is hampered by the dross he inherited from Hughes. It's encouraging that his signings DO look positive, but he needs more than one transfer window to build his squad. The problem is, our time in the SPL looks numbered unless we seriously improve. He still looks tactically naive IMO and left it far too late to make desperately needed changes. Despite the positive impact of his signings, I would question the positional variability in them - quite clearly, our 2 key areas are at CH and striker, yet Calderwood seems to have made no efforts to bolster in either position.
    I agree with the ratings. I think Calderwood would have scored higher than a 4 by going with a 4-4-2 and ditching Nish. His continued inclusion in the side is incomprehensible. Smith I can almost understand, but Nish...
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I sat through all 90 mins, you are going to have to point me to the "5-6 decent chances".

With regards to the previous games our midfield were stronger against both rangers and celtic, I dont think either team had as much possession in the middle of the field. With regards to Motherwell I would class decent chances as thoses such as the Zouma one on one and the penatly - I dont recall any chances as clear as that today.

Today, Miller shooting from 8yds with left foot and just missing nearside post.

Galbraith hitting a volley from around 10yds over the bar.

Nish 1 clear cut header and another 2 where he should've done better.

Palsson hitting strong shot from around 18yds, goalkeeper saving top corner.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It's ok - you can admit it - the new players are better than Nid. Nobody's going to think less of you for saying it.

Testimonial Due
    Today, Miller shooting from 8yds with left foot and just missing nearside post. It was never going in from that angle

Galbraith hitting a volley from around 10yds over the bar. Agreed.

Nish 1 clear cut header and another 2 where he should've done better. One header yes, and basically the other two did not exist.

Palsson hitting strong shot from around 18yds, goalkeeper saving top corner. Decent strike from the boy, but seemed pretty confortable for the keeper, from memory he palmed it in front of him then picked it up.
    One of the above was a good chance. Do you think any of the others ranked as good as the chances we created at Motherwell?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    It's ok - you can admit it - the new players are better than Nid. Nobody's going to think less of you for saying it.
    "nid" - you make it sound like he is one of your best mates!

The new players IMO are not better than Murray, the result would in fairness be a reasonable reflection of that. I am not saying they could not be, but I dont feel that you can say they are better than your mate "nid", unless of course you think we played well, today and achieved a good result?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The new players IMO are not better than Murray, the result would in fairness be a reasonable reflection of that. I am not saying they could not be, but I dont feel that you can say they are better than your mate "nid", unless of course you think we played well, today and achieved a good result?
    A fan using a nickname widely used by the fans, clearly indicated best mates status. Riiiiight.

It is possible to have players play well when the team does not, and also to have players play well when the result is a poor one.

I take it you think we've played well and had good results in all those other games pre-new signings?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    That's his nickname, so what?

I'd suggest that Matty probably has met him quite a few times in a previous life, and a lot of other players too.

You're just making yourself look silly...................again

Overall we played better than the past 8-10 games but once again individual errors in defense caused a defeat.....oh! and having zero attacking option.

I still think you're at the wind up all the time.

We all use Deek instaed of Derek Riordan but that doesn't prove we're all best buddies with him.

Testimonial Due
    A fan using a nickname widely used by the fans, clearly indicated best mates status. Riiiiight.

It is possible to have players play well when the team does not, and also to have players play well when the result is a poor one.

I take it you think we've played well and had good results in all those other games pre-new signings?
    Looking at the past three games I think we played better, yes. The results are no worse, arguably it is more expected to be beaten off the old firm and against motherwell, yes I do feel we played better.

Do you think we played better in todays 3 nil defeat to Dundee United than we did in our 2 nil defeat to motherwell and rangers (please remember rangers second) and 3 nil to celtic?

Ps as I was writing the above i realise it is ridiculous to be comparing "good defeats"!!

My point and view does remain the same, I dont think today was a step forward for us, it was a step back IMO.

Testimonial Due
    Overall we played better than the past 8-10 games but once again individual errors in defense caused a defeat.....oh! and having zero attacking option.

I still think you're at the wind up all the time.
    Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You would probably argue black is white.....until these current players have had 5 games or so, then the will be rubbish and they will have been since the their first game.

I dont think you are at the wind up, I just think you are deluded.

I would think "nid" is a nickname that his team mates call him, perhaps some fans do as well, I would not. Just sounded a little familiar / friendly, funny that really as it came with a sly dig at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Looking at the past three games I think we played better, yes. The results are no worse, arguably it is more expected to be beaten off the old firm and against motherwell, yes I do feel we played better.

Do you think we played better in todays 3 nil defeat to Dundee United than we did in our 2 nil defeat to motherwell and rangers (please remember rangers second) and 3 nil to celtic?

Ps as I was writing the above i realise it is ridiculous to be comparing "good defeats"!!

My point and view does remain the same, I dont think today was a step forward for us, it was a step back IMO.
    FWIW, I think we've been improving in general over the last few weeks though the results don't reflect that at all.

Today our midfield was better than it has been this season, our issues today were significant defensive lapses and a chronic lack of potency in front of goal.

Right, bring back Rankin, McBride and the rest of the wasters at ER.

How can so many see a totally different game from the one you said you saw.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You would probably argue black is white.....until these current players have had 5 games or so, then the will be rubbish and they will have been since the their first game.

I would think "nid" is a nickname that his team mates call him, perhaps some fans do as well, I would not. Just sounded a little familiar / friendly, funny that really as it came with a sly dig at the same time.
    There was no sly dig aimed at Nid. There is absolutely no dig in saying another player is better than someone. Nid, Niddy, Nid-o (etc) puts in a great shift for Hibs whenever he plays, does his best and now and again (0-3 at Ibrox being an example) is terrific. For the most part of this season, he's been outplayed by almost every midfield he's faced.

Testimonial Due
    FWIW, I think we've been improving in general over the last few weeks though the results don't reflect that at all.

Today our midfield was better than it has been this season, our issues today were significant defensive lapses and a chronic lack of potency in front of goal.
    Finally we may be able to agree on something....we do have a huge void in front of goal, we have done all season and it must be a dream for every team to play against us as a result.

Our midfield, I am happy to agree to disagree.

Our defense got shown up as a result of the midfield in front of it, my opinion, I know you do not agree with that. The poorer midfield coupled with Dickoh being exposed more was a huge factor no doubt.

But in my view I can accept that todays result is an improvement or anything to be positive. We were playing against a team that has this season been prone to a poor result, coming off the back of our recent fixtures I was hopeful we would show something today, and I dont think we did.

The simple fact is we were beaten 3 nil and did not control the game / have as much influence as we have done recently, it could have been more than 3. Considering that we drew with them in our last meeting and were unlucky to get beaten 1 nil at the start of the season I dont see how this result cant be seen as a step back from a draw and a narrow defeat.

After looking at quite a lot of your posts I seem to be one of many other members you have had a difference of opinion with, you obviously like to goad people with negativity but hey, carry on mate, wind up all day long, as far as I'm concerned you haven't got an effing clue.
    Last edited by J-C; 30-01-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Finally we may be able to agree on something....we do have a huge void in front of goal, we have done all season and it must be a dream for every team to play against us as a result.

Our midfield, I am happy to agree to disagree.

Our defense got shown up as a result of the midfield in front of it, my opinion, I know you do not agree with that. The poorer midfield coupled with Dickoh being exposed more was a huge factor no doubt.

But in my view I can accept that todays result is an improvement or anything to be positive. We were playing against a team that has this season been prone to a poor result, coming off the back of our recent fixtures I was hopeful we would show something today, and I dont think we did.

The simple fact is we were beaten 3 nil and did not control the game / have as much influence as we have done recently, it could have been more than 3. Considering that we drew with them in our last meeting and were unlucky to get beaten 1 nil at the start of the season I dont see how this result cant be seen as a step back from a draw and a narrow defeat.
    So the midfield was at fault for Dickoh not tracking his marker into the 6yd box for the 1st, or dickoh getting caught out of position and for pace for the 2nd and the 3rd came from a corner that wasn't with 3 defenders standing around watching their players playing pinball with Smith until the ball went in.

Also the 60% possession in the first half was imaginary.

Testimonial Due
    After looking at quite a lot of your post I seem to be one of many other members you have had a difference of opinion with, you obviously like to goad people with negativity but hey, carry on mate, wind up all day long, as far as I'm concerned you haven't got an effing clue.
    I think you will find this started with you having a go at my opinion, alas you seemed to be the one goading as you say.

I am not arsed one why or another about you being wound up. My view is my view, I gave my ratings, I will have a look at yours, I found your view on the 5-6 decent chances we had quite entertaining, so your ratings will give me something else to read.

I think you will find this started with you having a go at my opinion, alas you seemed to be the one goading as you say.

I am not arsed one why or another about you being wound up. My view is my view, I gave my ratings, I will have a look at yours, I found your view on the 5-6 decent chances we had quite entertaining, so your ratings will give me something else to read.

I had a go at you opinion as it was a nonsense of one, also you had a good go at goad Wotherspinieta, or have you already forgotten about those posts.

Testimonial Due
    I had a go at you opinion as it was a nonsense of one, also you had a good go at goad Wotherspinieta, or have you already forgotten about those posts.
    Are you his bodyguard?!! I think you will find he, like you, thought he had a better knowledge of my ratings and decided to have a 'goad' - you are like goading twins, hunting in packs!

Funny just had a look at your ratings, a lot of them not that different to mine. You will note I did not chose to have a go at your ratings, thats your opinion you are entitled to it......... but 5 for Wotherspoon!!

Anyway, this was begining to bore me some time ago, enjoy the rest of your evening.

Are you his bodyguard?!! I think you will find he, like you, thought he had a better knowledge of my ratings and decided to have a 'goad' - you are like goading twins, hunting in packs!

Funny just had a look at your ratings, a lot of them not that different to mine. You will note I did not chose to have a go at your ratings, thats your opinion you are entitled to it......... but 5 for Wotherspoon!!

Anyway, this was begining to bore me some time ago, enjoy the rest of your evening.
    What the **** does "goading twins " mean........better to bed now you have school in the morning......oh wait yes you're 30 yrs old, nearly forgot, with the content of your posts.