hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Ok I dont think certainly from my POV anybody at all will change my thoughts on DR on here, no amount of stating flaws in his game and all the poor games he has had of which there are a lot will sway me from my belief he is our best player.

Absolutley not a good season from him, not a good season for most at ER. I have seem enough of him to make a decision on him as have the people whom feel different and I wont be able to have you think same as me.

My point is we have a squad of 20+ players and he not subjectivly but statiscally has been or is at the moment, our top scorer and last 2 seasons our top on assists (all from SPL site). There are lots of players who contribute less than him yeah they might not be lazy but they might not be able to pass. I just do not see the point in losing a player whom has set up most of our goals and scored a fair amount I do not see the gain in this at this time.

Yeah he hasnt done well this term but so have a lot of others. We can argue all night about his contribution about finding a replacement anything you like but at end of day this is top scorer over last 2 out of 3 seasons and top assister, I would rather keep that sort of player.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not very PC
    You get the gist, I have no hidden agenda.

Na na na na...........na na na na

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daz View Post
    You get the gist, I have no hidden agenda.

Na na na na...........na na na na
    I know what you meant.

so

yourself

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    I know what you meant.

so

yourself

@hibs.net private member rubber mal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    I can't believe the high % on here that don't care if Deek leaves.

As someone else said earlier, before xmas and looking at our team to move into 2011, I'd have happily binned the whole squad minus the obvious younger players....and Bamba, Deeks and Zouma.

Christ, and it's those 3 whom are leaving it seems.

Wonder why Rangers or Boro or Leicester or anyone else didn't fancy signing Rankin? Or McBride or Nish?

Riordan aint doing it right now coz 1st of all he has been benched, and second of all when he does play we are CREATING NOWT. FFS he is an outstanding finisher, the issue's we have are getting chances for the lad. Now no-one cares if he's leaving. I despair.

Jeezus Hibs we're doing everything we can to send ourselves down !!!!!
    My thoughts exactly, Craig.

Blog Entries

Stokes, Bamba, now Riordan and Zemmama (probably)

Irrespective of the varying viewpoints we have on these players, is it not absurd that at a time when the club is in a major crisis and arguably favourites for the drop, we should get rid of our best players? I doubt if any of the incoming players will be an improvement on these four players. Is Petrie paving the way for a couple of years in the doldrums? I'm sure he could continue to run Hibs business efficiently even as a minor club and that appears to be his top priority.

Promising Youngster turn and burn's Avatar
    cant understand people that dont rate riordan. he would be massive loss for us should he go. our track record of replacing our best players isnt so good...

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    Heard this from a friend at Ibrox last week... No great surprise... If he goes then we are trully doomed for the foreseeable future... :-(

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Irrespective of the varying viewpoints we have on these players, is it not absurd that at a time when the club is in a major crisis and arguably favourites for the drop, we should get rid of our best players? I doubt if any of the incoming players will be an improvement on these four players. Is Petrie paving the way for a couple of years in the doldrums? I'm sure he could continue to run Hibs business efficiently even as a minor club and that appears to be his top priority.
    Our team almost to a man has been poor to below average for a year now. If our best players are sold and by definition of best means best paid players are sold//loaned because we can release their wages to sign someone either long term to rebuild or help us stay up them bring it on. If there are players we can get a fee for then all the better. O e thing is for sure we are heading for relegation with the players we have had this last year or so.
    Free up wages get done money in fir transfer fees and let's vet on with it.
    Its only a matter of weeks since folk were yelling for everyone to GTF and tgst they were a bunch of non trying wage thieves. There is no point in crying over your favourite going if he isn't part of the solution.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
    Heard this from a friend at Ibrox last week... No great surprise... If he goes then we are trully doomed for the foreseeable future... :-(
    Smith just said there is "nothing in the pipeline". Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Because we haven't bought anyone for years right? Grow a set and man up FFS.
    Last edited by HNA6; 27-01-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Quote removed

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    When was the last time we signed someone other than Riordan that was more than a few k?

When was the last time we signed someone other than Riordan that was more than a few k?
    This week.

@hibs.net private member
    Martin Scott cost £100k apparently

@hibs.net private member
    This week.
    Waddya think? Is he at it?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Martin Scott cost £100k apparently
    We spent the same amount on Joe Harper nearly 30 years ago.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    That went well. I would wait to see how it goes before cutting your wrists. It would be a bit of bummer to be premature.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    This week.
    80k is not really a big signing now is it? Fair play the boy might turn out to be a good signing but he is not the kind that puts bums in seats.

I just want the club to bring in someone that shows that we are doing all we can to get better. But by the looks of things the team just keeps gettin weaker.

If Deek and Zemamma go we have lost two players who are our 'big' players and once again not brought anyone of that standered to replace them

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Waddya think? Is he at it?
    Naw I think be is fed up like a lot of Hibbys just now.

80k is not really a big signing now is it? Fair play the boy might turn out to be a good signing but he is not the kind that puts bums in seats.

I just want the club to bring in someone that shows that we are doing all we can to get better. But by the looks of things the team just keeps gettin weaker.

If Deek and Zemamma go we have lost two players who are our 'big' players and once again not brought anyone of that standered to replace them
    The whole Team needs an overhaul. Martin Scott is one part of that.
    In the last couple of seasons we have signed Stokes Riordan and Millet. All names. If you can't defend yourself from stick you need to think harder. Who is giving you stick? Hearts? Who have they signed that's a name? Kyle that's it. Rangers have just sold their top goalscorer for 400k ffs and hadn't signed anyone for a year and a half up to last summer.
    They both pay three four times the wages we can afford

I don't get this poor me/us pish I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    The Voice of Football, Chic Young, said on Monday evening that this move will not happen.
    I'm with Chic Dung .. cannae see it. No sure why this rumour won't go away though.

Not to play devils advocate, but what has Zemmama contributed in the last year or so? The guy is currently out of form, lacking fitness and injury prone. He's more likely to get kicked off the park back into the treatment room than score a goal and Deeks is still trading off performances that are fast becoming a faded memory. Of course, the guy has scored 101 goals, but the issue is how long it has been since he last scored.

Not that I'd be rushing either of them out the door, but both these guys are out of contract in the summer. For all we know both have turned round and said no thanks to a new contract offer, people seem to assume this is the club forcing these guys out the door, that's obviously not necessarily the case.

As for £80k not being a big signing, I bet it's more than any other non Old Firm side spend on a player this month. CC has said he wouldn't think twice about asking the Board to spend beyond our current £700k record so we can take that for truth or not, but just because we may be willing to spend doesn't mean an appropriate target is available.
    Last edited by ScottB; 27-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    I'm with Chic Dung .. cannae see it. No sure why this rumour won't go away though.
    Because he's the only guy in their price range that Celtic won't try and knick out from under them?

I'm kinda surprised that supporters of the second bottom team in the league aren't too bothered if their best player leaves(form is temporary,class is permanent)and goes to the second top team in the league who presumably think he will improve them.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that supporters of the second bottom team in the league aren't too bothered if their best player leaves(form is temporary,class is permanent)and goes to the second top team in the league who presumably think he will improve them.
    Beautifully put. I think there is a wee subconscious part of some people that want us to fail so it can justify the impotent rage within.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Actually it was nearly 40 years ago !

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post

Damed if he does, damed if he doesn't

We are in the worst position we have been in for many years and we need to act now

The players we have can't/don't want to make this happen and CC has giving them all the chances he can.. We need fighters and we need them NOW ..

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Over what, 9 years?

That's 11 goals a season we need to replace.

I reckon we can do that.
    Probably more difficult than you and others think. In the last 10 seasons (not the current season) Riordan has been a regular starter for 5 seasons. In these 5 seasons his stats were 17,12,20,23 and 18 goals.

So its really a case of trying to find someone that will net you 18 goals a season

In the last 10 seasons only 10 players other than Riordan have managed over your 11 goals a season target.

Stokes,Nish,Fletcher,Killen,Benji,O'Connor,McManus ,Luna,Mixu,Zitelli

Players that have scored over 18 goals a season in the last 10 season other than Riordan and you are looking at Stokes and O'Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Good thing about this place is the opinions, I disagree.

We will miss his goals. Well, at least his goals back in the days when he scored them, which we are missing already really. What I mean is we will miss the goals we assume he might start scoring for us in the future but we will never be certain. We will miss those goals he has scored for us too, but that is just nostalgia and besides a lot of them are on youtube.

Left by mutual consent!
    You need to go lay down in a dark room. 4 days to go and as yet we havn't signed a player any better than those we already have. Yet eejits like you want us to sell our top scorer. You really couldn't make it up.