hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was as simple as that then how many of our first team players would you be sacking before even considering handing CC his P45?
    In an ideal world we would sack most of the players on the books. Why is it that managers can get the sack due to bad results/performances but players cannot, they are obviously the route of the problem?

At the beginning of the month we should have ripped up their contracts and told them to GTF and got some fighters into the team. Fraser Wishart would have got his knickers in a twist about it, but f€ck the players union and f€ck the players, get some fighters in the team who would be delighted to wear the Hibs jersey. Given that we cannot beat a 2nd division part time side over two games, anybody from the 1st division would be an improvement on the current squad.
    Last edited by AFKA5814_Hibs; 23-01-2011 at 10:43 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If Calderwood Stays

If CC stays, I think we will be relegated. Its my opinion but I dont think he has a clue. He is panicking and making the wrong decisions and is definately not getting a response from the players. We need a motivator to work with the players we have as I dont think there will be enough new faces in this transfer window to turn things around. We need someone like Terry Butcher to kick some asses and get them motivated. If anyone thinks CC will come good, I would love to know what they base their opinions on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Did Motherwell not get outbid recently by a non-league team?

Also the players that have moved from the SPL to the English leagues have hardly been roaring successes. Middlesborough being the most recent example.

I would keep CC. Pointless changing manager at this time.
    I am assuming that Hibs pay better than motherwell. I agree a lot of Scots going south have struggled but we should be able to attract better players than we have just now. As for CC , his record as a manager at Hibs is shocking. As such with football the manager carries the can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    We cannot sack Calderwood or let him resign, it's far too late to get someone in before the end of the window and without new signings, this squad will take us down.

We've got one option, and as much of a risk as it may be, the Board have got to back the manager beyond the limit of their resources NOW. Failure, i.e relegation is not an option.

None of this 'let's waste valuable time and get Adam Rooney roond the training centre for some tea and crumpets and have a wee chat about him possibly joining us at the end of the season'. F*** that, get him round to East Mains and dinnae let him oot until he's signed to play immediately.

After that bring in Imrie, Mensing and a central defender who's got GBH convictions longer than my cock (3 inches). I don't give two flying f***s about flair football, I want to see 10 outfield players in green absolutely flying into challenges, chasing in packs and forcing the ball over the goal line through sheer brute force.

The time for action is now, ask the manager who he desperately wants and provided they're not injured long term, pay what it takes to get them. Now.
    Absolutely spot on even though I do feel sorry for you!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    We cannot sack Calderwood or let him resign, it's far too late to get someone in before the end of the window and without new signings, this squad will take us down.

We've got one option, and as much of a risk as it may be, the Board have got to back the manager beyond the limit of their resources NOW. Failure, i.e relegation is not an option.

None of this 'let's waste valuable time and get Adam Rooney roond the training centre for some tea and crumpets and have a wee chat about him possibly joining us at the end of the season'. F*** that, get him round to East Mains and dinnae let him oot until he's signed to play immediately.

After that bring in Imrie, Mensing and a central defender who's got GBH convictions longer than my cock (3 inches). I don't give two flying f***s about flair football, I want to see 10 outfield players in green absolutely flying into challenges, chasing in packs and forcing the ball over the goal line through sheer brute force.

The time for action is now, ask the manager who he desperately wants and provided they're not injured long term, pay what it takes to get them. Now.
    Unbelievable. 3 inches? Really?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Unbelievable. 3 inches? Really?
    Well a dinnae like to boast but.....
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I am assuming that Hibs pay better than motherwell. I agree a lot of Scots going south have struggled but we should be able to attract better players than we have just now. As for CC , his record as a manager at Hibs is shocking. As such with football the manager carries the can.
    What is the point of bulleting the current manager if you dont have any idea who you would bring in as a replacement 10 days before they have no opportunity to change the squad. And what would be the point of working on deals if a bew guy dosent fancy the players that you've signed. I dont believe we will be relegated but if we sach CC, or he resigns, I would change that view.

Craig Brown and Archie Knox inherited a squad bereft of confidence and in total disarray after a 9-0 loss and 5-0 thumping at Tynie.
    Within days they restored discipline to the same defence, through basic coaching drills, I would guess.
    The Dons have since made a few signings because Brown is well connected.

CC looks and sounds like a man on the edge of reason. The team is simply awful and the goals we are giving away are ludicrous.

Let him walk away and put Derek Adams in charge until the end of the season...

rj hibs
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Craig Brown and Archie Knox inherited a squad bereft of confidence and in total disarray after a 9-0 loss and 5-0 thumping at Tynie.
    Within days they restored discipline to the same defence, through basic coaching drills, I would guess.

CC looks and sounds like a man on the edge of reason. The team is simply awful and the goals we are giving away are ludicrous.

What makes u think adams will be any different? He's here and hes clearly not had much of an impact on the team either.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Two completely different situations i am told, when i pointed out the same thing.

Every time someone uses the argument "Aye, well, Craig Brown improved Aberdeen", a kitten dies.

Won't someone think of the kittens?

Last edited by Beefster; 23-01-2011 at 04:15 PM.

First Team Regular ForeverHibs93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xox TopLad xox
    Well a dinnae like to boast but.....

Well said (apart from the cock bit - so speak for yirself)

What is this Hibs way, havnae seen it in my lifetime apart from maybe Lataps, Sauzee etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Two completely different situations i am told, when i pointed out the same thing.
    And like I said to you at the time Gary, how do you know that CC isn't doing the same things to turn the team around that Pa Broon has?

Maybe he is but isn't getting the same response because the players are either/and/or* *****e, can't be arsed because of the contract situation, thick, generally lazier.

*(delete as appropriate)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Every time someone uses the argument "Aye, well, Craig Brown improved Aberdeen", a kitten dies.

Won't someone think of the kittens?

:
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    And like I said to you at the time Gary, how do you know that CC isn't doing the same things to turn the team around that Pa Broon has?

Maybe he is but isn't getting the same response because the players are either/and/or* *****e, can't be arsed because of the contract situation, thick, generally lazier.

*(delete as appropriate)
    Or maybe its because he's no idea?
    Aye we are a special case, we cant be a club that appoint a manager who everyone said had to be better and do better than Hughes, he was in fact the cause of our hopeless form.

To a man it was Hughes had no plan B, his tactics were pish, he couldn't motivate them, he wouldn't play Galbraith, his team selections were poor, and his tv and press interviews were a joke. 99% of folk to a man were saying we had the players, the manager was to blame.

No that argument has changed to the players are to blame. Its a pity the thread was deleted, i saw it yesterday on my mobile, something about will this team get 3rd place or something similar.

There was some cracking posts from some of Yogi's biggest critics saying exactly what i said above, now listening to them its the players.

Left by mutual consent!

Player for player we have a better squad than Aberdeen..

Not a better management team though

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Aye we are a special case, we cant be a club that appoint a manager who everyone said had to be better and do better than Hughes, he was in fact the cause of our hopeless form.

To a man it was Hughes had no plan B, his tactics were pish, he couldn't motivate them, he wouldn't play Galbraith, his team selections were poor, and his tv and press interviews were a joke. 99% of folk to a man were saying we had the players, the manager was to blame.

No that argument has changed to the players are to blame. Its a pity the thread was deleted, i saw it yesterday on my mobile, something about will this team get 3rd place or something similar.

There was some cracking posts from some of Yogi's biggest critics saying exactly what i said above, now listening to them its the players.
    Think I have consistently said it was the players.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post

Player for player we have a better squad than Aberdeen..

Not a better management team though
    I don't think we are a better team player for player than Aberdeen, if I'm honest.

We have one or two better players, but the rest are either of similar ability or worse, IMHO. This can be backed up by the defeats Aberdeen dished up to us (even under McGhoo)..

But that's the point!

"Maybe" it IS because he has no idea. You don't know that though do you?

"Maybe" it's the common denominator between the two managers, the players, that are to blame.

We will only know if CC is a good enough Hibs manager when he has his own players at his disposal and not the *******ised side from Mixu and Yogi with their confidence shot and contracts running out.

It's only fair to the man!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Think I have consistently said it was the players.
    Me too, i think we have a real bad bunch, that successive managers have lumbered us with. Thank god most will be gone in the summer. Its just a shame we will probably lose the one or two players we should be trying to keep too.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    I don't think we are a better team player for player than Aberdeen, if I'm honest.

We have one or two better players, but the rest are either of similar ability or worse, IMHO. This can be backed up by the defeats Aberdeen dished up to us (even under McGhoo)..
    I would swap Millar for Hartley any day of the week.

But that's the point!

"Maybe" it IS because he has no idea. You don't know that though do you?

"Maybe" it's the common denominator between the two managers, the players, that are to blame.

We will only know if CC is a good enough Hibs manager when he has his own players at his disposal and not the *******ised side from Mixu and Yogi with their confidence shot and contracts running out.

It's only fair to the man!
    This is where we disagree, we should be seeing some sort of improvement, imo there's been none. Going by what you say, we will have to wait a while until we see CC replace all 11 players, as apparently we now have a manager who can only manage his players, but not anyone else's?

Testimonial Due
    Calderwood clearly hasn't got a clue. We are heading for oblivion unless Petrie/STF take drastic action now; sack him and get Terry Butcher in, regardless of the cost.

This is where I do agree with you BH. Post after post on here blasting Yogi for not getting more out of the ''best squad apart from the Old Firm.'' Where has everybody gone who believed that?
    As an American Presidential hopeful once said, ''It's the players stupid!''
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This is where I do agree with you BH. Post after post on here blasting Yogi for not getting more out of the ''best squad apart from the Old Firm.'' Where has everybody gone who believed that?
    As an American Presidential hopeful once said, ''It's the players stupid!''
    They are still here, but have changed their mind now to the players.

This is where we disagree, we should be seeing some sort of improvement, imo there's been none. Going by what you say, we will have to wait a while until we see CC replace all 11 players, as apparently we now have a manager who can only manage his players, but not anyone else's?
    I'm not necessarily saying that CC is a good manager. It's not been a good start for him in that regards.

I'm just saying that I stand by my point that The Aberdeen Situation and ours aren't exactly the same.

The difference could be, like you say, the standard of manager but it could also be the players. I'm thinking it's the latter.

I don't think we need to wait until CC has brought in a completely new team to be able to properly judge him. On the other hand I don't think it's fair to judge him after he's brought in one player who's not played yet!

Opinions, eh?!

I'm not necessarily saying that CC is a good manager. It's not been a good start for him in that regards.

I'm just saying that I stand by my point that The Aberdeen Situation and ours aren't exactly the same.

The difference could be, like you say, the standard of manager but it could also be the players. I'm thinking it's the latter.

I don't think we need to wait until CC has brought in a completely new team to be able to properly judge him. On the other hand I don't think it's fair to judge him after he's brought in one player who's not played yet!

Opinions, eh?!
    We are not that far apart in our opinions mate, i see exactly what you are saying, i just think CC should be doing better than he has done. And has not helped himself with the constant changing of the team, or dropping the keeper, or playing 1 up from and that 1 being Riordan. The list goes on and on. He needs to do better now, not when we sign more players.

We are not that far apart in our opinions mate, i see exactly what you are saying, i just think CC should be doing better than he has done. And has not helped himself with the constant changing of the team, or dropping the keeper, or playing 1 up from and that 1 being Riordan. The list goes on and on. He needs to do better now, not when we sign more players.
    It's a fair point well made.

I'm waiting to see who we bring in this week. If there's no activity or they're diddy's then his coat will be on a shoogly peg for me too.

This is the crunch point for him I think. This next couple of weeks will make him or break him.

this is madness - whats the point in changing the manager again and paying out compensation we can ill afford when every penny is needed for new players.

if calderwood goes then so should the board...there were 50 plus applicants and if CC was the best the board cannot sack him after 15 games.

so everyone get behind the manager....he needs money and new players

so my message to the board is find the money NOW or as ive said before face relegation and financial ruin.