hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm starting to think the club as a whole needs a complete overhaul... and Tom Farmer needs to put up or sell up now...its about time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    I dont think I need to inform of dates, perhaps just direct you to the definition of sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Cobra View Post
    I would consider myself and most other people i know to be fairly well educated on most things football, as i have spent my life watching and playing the game. So in real terms no different to the vast majority of fans, players and managers out there. I dont have any coaching badges though so by your reckoning that makes me unable to comment on football. I see you found yourself "qualified" to pass comment in your previous post though.

You whole post is downright ridiculous, then again if you are happy with current performances, tactics, team selections then i bow to your superior knowledge, but please tell us where the rest of us are going wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Hibee View Post
    In my opinion he is making mistakes on a regular occurance.

He has recently dropped Brown......
    Nobody on here would agree that brown should have been dropped as i would say that he is the only player with pass marks in recent weeks. His kicking is horrific mind you but as far as saves he has made he cannot be faulted.

He up until today has continued to play Hart......
    A total liability. With no pace or final ball. Every team so far has chosen him as our weakness and played on him for 90 minutes.

He has played 3-5-1 on a number of occasions with no target man.....
    This would be okay if we are trying to scrape games like we should be at the moment. But until now he has been playing with Riordan up front. Its no surprise that nothing sticks up front and we are under pressure constantly.

He allows Degraff to slip into the side and games unnoticed.....
    I will give him his due he always seems to be active but im not sure i can ever remember him winning a header or offering himself for balls from throw-ins etc. If you actually just watch him, all runs he makes are behind an opposition player and never actually gets into an area to recieve a ball. It reminds me of bairns football where there were always one or two who hid through a game.

He has continued to set up as a defensive team....
    Although we are midgets in comparison to other teams and can only really try to play attacking football like we did under hughes. Calderwood in his early interviews wanted to sort out the defense leaking easy goals from set-pieces etc and talked a good game at how he was helping the defenders with this. I still see no improvement in that area? Does anyone else?

He is making wholesale changes now which are not working and nobody seems to know what each other are doing. There is no answer to sort out this problem out overnight.

However i feel that he has proven that he cannot make this work and with the way we are playing football under him i cannot se it improving once he gets his own players into the team. Fans were dissapointed at how often the ball was in the air under mixus team, and i would wager that the ball is in the air far more under Calderwood than it was then.

There is nothing that i have seen to make me believe that letting him continue will be in our best interests. I fear that if we let him make his own signings that we will end up with a couple of big guys up front and continue to play route 1 football. We might end up with a team that cannot play football that may take even longer to overhaul than the current squad.

I dont blame Calderwood altogether though as i reckon the board should have been able to see this coming. The styles of Calderwood and Hughes are totally opposite to each other and i dont think that this has been taken into consideration.

I reckon the board need to stick their hands up and admit that they have got this appointment wrong and replace him with someone who is more suited to working with a footballing side like ours and a little more knowledge of Scottish football in order to avoid the drop.
    Nail on the head

Nobody on here would agree that brown should have been dropped as i would say that he is the only player with pass marks in recent weeks. His kicking is horrific mind you but as far as saves he has made he cannot be faulted.

A total liability. With no pace or final ball. Every team so far has chosen him as our weakness and played on him for 90 minutes.

He has played 3-5-1 on a number of occasions with no target man.....
    This would be okay if we are trying to scrape games like we should be at the moment. But until now he has been playing with Riordan up front. Its no surprise that nothing sticks up front and we are under pressure constantly.

I will give him his due he always seems to be active but im not sure i can ever remember him winning a header or offering himself for balls from throw-ins etc. If you actually just watch him, all runs he makes are behind an opposition player and never actually gets into an area to recieve a ball. It reminds me of bairns football where there were always one or two who hid through a game.

Although we are midgets in comparison to other teams and can only really try to play attacking football like we did under hughes. Calderwood in his early interviews wanted to sort out the defense leaking easy goals from set-pieces etc and talked a good game at how he was helping the defenders with this. I still see no improvement in that area? Does anyone else?

He is making wholesale changes now which are not working and nobody seems to know what each other are doing. There is no answer to sort out this problem out overnight.

However i feel that he has proven that he cannot make this work and with the way we are playing football under him i cannot se it improving once he gets his own players into the team. Fans were dissapointed at how often the ball was in the air under mixus team, and i would wager that the ball is in the air far more under Calderwood than it was then.

There is nothing that i have seen to make me believe that letting him continue will be in our best interests. I fear that if we let him make his own signings that we will end up with a couple of big guys up front and continue to play route 1 football. We might end up with a team that cannot play football that may take even longer to overhaul than the current squad.

I dont blame Calderwood altogether though as i reckon the board should have been able to see this coming. The styles of Calderwood and Hughes are totally opposite to each other and i dont think that this has been taken into consideration.

I reckon the board need to stick their hands up and admit that they have got this appointment wrong and replace him with someone who is more suited to working with a footballing side like ours and a little more knowledge of Scottish football in order to avoid the drop.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    Had this up a couple of minutes ago until I accidentally deleted it when trying to edit. Damn blackberrys.

He needs to go IMO. He can paint any picture that he wants with the media, I'm not buying. He is under huge pressure and his body language says it all. I
    Personally don't think be has what it takes to get us out of this crisis. I actually feel sorry for him because he should never have been appointed in the first. His lack of Scottish football knowledge is showing and I'm sorry but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been unforgivable.

People can moan all they want about not changing managers again but if Petrie put as much effort into bank balancing as the sourcing process for new managers we wouldn't be in this position.

Stucl with Calderwood and we're down IMO. If I'm proved wrong then will happily eat my words but I don't think I will be. And results are backing this up.
    What a load of pish.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    What a load of pish.
    Well thought out informative reply

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=tooley;2705017][/QUOT

you got a buyer in mind ?

Testimonial Due
    I would consider myself and most other people i know to be fairly well educated on most things football, as i have spent my life watching and playing the game. So in real terms no different to the vast majority of fans, players and managers out there. I dont have any coaching badges though so by your reckoning that makes me unable to comment on football. I see you found yourself "qualified" to pass comment in your previous post though.

You whole post is downright ridiculous, then again if you are happy with current performances, tactics, team selections then i bow to your superior knowledge, but please tell us where the rest of us are going wrong

I really hope you are not joining in on this I know as much about football as Mr Wenger. If your justification is that you have watched and played, then each professional has done that day in day out at a level above you, some of them significantly far above you. You acknowledge that you do not have coaching badges, a prerequisite as proof of ability to manage at the top level.

I have not said anywhere that I have a superior knowledge, but for someone to claim they understand a game as much as a professional footballer / manager is embarrassing. Furthermore they justified this by using KD as an example, stating he has been out of the game but watching TV / games throughout has kept him in the know, and then forgetting the fact they guy has had a circa 30 year/career and experience in football (not watching) he has had in the game.

I do not know as much about football, tactics, players, styles as any professional footballer or manager, and would not embarrass myself by saying I did. I can like others have an opinion, but my opinion would not be that I know more about the game than they do.

PS I like you have spent my life watching and playing the game, but I also have sky + and a subscription to sky sports, does that mean i know more than you!

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar

He has played 3-5-1 on a number of occasions
    with no target man.....

Nae wonder we're struggling

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2705183]I really hope you are not joining in on this I know as much about football as Mr Wenger. If your justification is that you have watched and played, then each professional has done that day in day out at a level above you, some of them significantly far above you. You acknowledge that you do not have coaching badges, a prerequisite as proof of ability to manage at the top level.

I have not said anywhere that I have a superior knowledge, but for someone to claim they understand a game as much as a professional footballer / manager is embarrassing. Furthermore they justified this by using KD as an example, stating he has been out of the game but watching TV / games throughout has kept him in the know, and then forgetting the fact they guy has had a circa 30 year/career and experience in football (not watching) he has had in the game.

I do not know as much about football, tactics, players, styles as any professional footballer or manager, and would not embarrass myself by saying I did. I can like others have an opinion, but my opinion would not be that I know more about the game than they do.

well you see old bean, football is about decisions and knowledge that brings you to make them, thus distinguishing a good manager from bad, BADGES OR NO BADGES these calls are often heard from the "common pleb" in the stand, who having watched the game for the majority of thier childhood and adult lives would have a fairly well rounded understanding of footballing matters. There are so many comparisons i could make to dismantle your poorly constructed argument i have decided to leave well alone, and leave you to your own devices.

PS I like you have spent my life watching and playing the game, but I also have sky + and a subscription to sky sports, that means i know more than you! I fixed that for you, as you clearly have no faith in your own abilities.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post
    You sir, you deal in FACTS!!

I like the cut of your jib

However, you did forget to add the fact that the only signing he has made is INJURED and from his previous managerial post..

When Hughes signed players from his last managerial post or had manage them before, folk on here were up in arms!!

Double standards..
    Is he? has he failed his medical?

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=Ernie Cobra;2705216]
    I really hope you are not joining in on this I know as much about football as Mr Wenger. If your justification is that you have watched and played, then each professional has done that day in day out at a level above you, some of them significantly far above you. You acknowledge that you do not have coaching badges, a prerequisite as proof of ability to manage at the top level.

well you see old bean, football is about decisions and knowledge that brings you to make them, thus distinguishing a good manager from bad, BADGES OR NO BADGES these calls are often heard from the "common pleb" in the stand, who having watched the game for the majority of thier childhood and adult lives would have a fairly well rounded understanding of footballing matters. There are so many comparisons i could make to dismantle your poorly constructed argument i have decided to leave well alone, and leave you to your own devices.

PS I like you have spent my life watching and playing the game, but I also have sky + and a subscription to sky sports, that means i know more than you! I fixed that for you, as you clearly have no faith in your own abilities.

I thought this web site could not get any worse, a load of folk thinking they know everything about football....this has grown to some actual sure they do.

My argument is poorly constructed, yet yours is based on watching football for all of your years, the effectively creating the sound football knowledge, equal to or greater than a professional footballer or manager. This is a get real moment for me!

If you really do believe the above, then I would urge you/along with perhaps a couple of "common plebs" to apply for the next vacant managers job, Man City lost today this may help them to make their decision on the future of their current manager, why dont you put your CV in and see how it goes.....I would love to be there for the opening of that envelope!

[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2705232]

I thought this web site could not get any worse, a load of folk thinking they know everything about football....this has grown to some actual sure they do.

My argument is poorly constructed, yet yours is based on watching football for all of your years, the effectively creating the sound football knowledge, equal to or greater than a professional footballer or manager. This is a get real moment for me!

If you really do believe the above, then I would urge you/along with perhaps a couple of "common plebs" to apply for the next vacant managers job, Man City lost today this may help them to make their decision on the future of their current manager, why dont you put your CV in and see how it goes.....I would love to be there for the opening of that envelope!

I dont know one hibs fan that couldn't have picked a better line up / formation/team selection than Yogi or mixu. But then thats only my opinion.....

NO!! its mine and every other Hibs fan in the land.

Anyway, if i wanted to go round in circles with bams, i would get on a hearts supporters bus at a roundabout!

[QUOTE=Ernie Cobra;2705259]

I dont know one hibs fan that couldn't have picked a better line up / formation/team selection than Yogi or mixu. But then thats only my opinion.....

Anyway, if i wanted to go round in circles with bams, i would get on a hearts supporters bus at a roundabout!

Quality biscuits sir. Rinto tinto braw radgeness, and fine pelters in bold

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reservoirhibee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Agreed 100%.

Were not in a disimilar position to the hodgson and lfc saga.

The same shower of imposters who turned over chelsea were turned over by teams like wolves earlier this season.

The shower of imposters we have seemed capable against the huns and most of them put in some good games last season.

You have 2 options in these situations;
    1) empty them all as they are well paid and that alone if nothing else should motivate them
    OR
    2) get the right person to get the most out of them....

If it were up to me, id go for option 1. However Kenny Dalglish at LFC appears to be proving quite clearly within less than 2 weeks the premierships laziest lethargic imposters can in fact play and play well.

At the same time he's united the fans, owners, team and everyone else at the club. He's also been afforded respect because he does not need to PROVE himself to anyone. Why didn't we appoint someone proven who could also get the job done?

Answer...it costs money and requires some brains to put in the right man. As per above example, they're now selling kenny merch all over and making a mint so it can be a money spinner too...

only problem with that is who would be our version of kenny dalglish??

experienced
    iconic
    respected
    hibs man?

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir hibee View Post
    only problem with that is who would be our version of kenny dalglish??

experienced
    iconic
    respected
    hibs man?

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

Ah ken. that's why I said, on another thread, we're ****ed

(Didnae say I liked it however, merely that we are, rather ****ed)

That said, if we could perhaps find someone worthy of universal respect, a non-Hibby who has done well and isn't a hun or yam (as that wont work in the respect stakes), then we'd be in with a chance.

Orrrrrrrrrrrr, Calderwood can buck the trend of the last 15 games and get motivation, team talk, formation, tactics, team selection and everything else spot on

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reservoirhibee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Ah ken. that's why I said, on another thread, we're ****ed

(Didnae say I liked it however, merely that we are, rather ****ed)

That said, if we could perhaps find someone worthy of universal respect, a non-Hibby who has done well and isn't a hun or yam (as that wont work in the respect stakes), then we'd be in with a chance.

Orrrrrrrrrrrr, Calderwood can buck the trend of the last 15 games and get motivation, team talk, formation, tactics, team selection and everything else spot on

lets hope so

but revisiting who would be our "knight in green and white armour"

alex miller- no
    gordon strachan - would not come to us
    franck sauzee - wishfull thinking
    collins, hughes and mixu - allready tried
    ray wilkins??? hmmm he did play for us that would be a shout actualy!!!
    anyways not going to happen so moving on through the list
    michael o'neil...- i know nothing about what he has done and he was not quite al egend anyway i remember him giving the east terracing the finger just before he left
    steve archibald?? - not done anythign as a manager has he ( i am willing to be corrected)

so outside of hibs who is there??

that would come to us and galvanise the CLUB??

i know a guy??

ex scotland interenational who has played in the world cup premiership and had managerial experience down south got teams promoted (which might come in handy for next year??) and worked with premiership clubs

what about colin calderwood???

alternatives being????

gary macallister?
    the one guy i would like to get involved and actually have a say in how THE CLUB is run is wee pat nevin

apart from that.........yep im out??

george graham- never gonna happen
    and that sums it up

clutching at straws

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    You no a fan then?
    no he is a fan dont be so insulting

[QUOTE=Ernie Cobra;2705259]

Calderwood's tried just about every line-up available to him and formation is irrelevant with the players we have.

How would you persuade that bunch to jump for a header, put a tackle in, pass to a team-mate and then motivate them, get their confidence up etc?

[QUOTE=Beefster;2705489]

Calderwood's tried just about every line-up available to him and formation is irrelevant with the players we have.

How would you persuade that bunch to jump for a header, put a tackle in, pass to a team-mate and then motivate them, get their confidence up etc?
    i didnt mention calderwood in that post, he probably is in a worse situation than the previous 2 managers, however as i have mentioned, dropping players like miller, nish , smith, rankin, who contribute nothing in games would be a start, dare i even mention deeks and murray.......naw shurely shome mishtake mish moneypenny.

before i get too much grief from the "nothing to see here brigade"

riordan - is well of form and would probably be better having a little spell on the sidelines
    Murray - i loved ian as a player, he has a bit of dig that we sorely need, but his legs have gone
    Miller - Lots of ability, but he hides all the time and just looks as if he cant be bothered, has the hallmarks of a "where did it all go wrong player" time for him to go to accrington stanley
    Smith - Should have been taken out and shot after motherwell 6-6
    Nish and Rankin - well they tell their own story

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    It's not that simple. If I hire you as a mechanic and then give you a Fisher Price tool set, would it be fair of me to fire you after a few months because you hadn't fixed a single car? If I hired you to manage my garage but the employees were all incompetent (to the degree that they got my previous manager fired) would it be fair to fire you based on their failings?
    Is that you Sir Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post
    You sir, you deal in FACTS!!

I like the cut of your jib

However, you did forget to add the fact that the only signing he has made is INJURED and from his previous managerial post..

When Hughes signed players from his last managerial post or had manage them before, folk on here were up in arms!!

Double standards..
    So you think Thornhill is NOT a good signing?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    We haven't even given him one complete January transfer window. How about at least giving him that amount of time? Better yet, how about waiting until the close season when there is generally speaking more movement in the transfer market and when Hibs can offload a lot of dead weight? I'm not asking for fans to give him unwavering support indefinitely but, in my opinion, he needs to be at least given the opportunity to make the team his before we cast judgment.

LOL. Banging the drum? Pardon me for having an opinion that differs from yours. How exactly does a football manager persuade players to board a sinking ship?

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I NEVER once said that nobody wants to join Hibs. All I did was offer up a possible explanation as to why Hibs have not amassed as many new players as you seem to think we should have by now.

If you're going to try and pick my posts apart then do yourself a favour and make sure you understand exactly what it is that I said as opposed to saying that I said things that I never did. Cheers for that.

EDIT : to save you some time, here's one of the posts that I think you are referring to re: drum banging:
    Yes, he's had the time but consider these points:
    1. maybe there is nobody around that he wants.
    2. maybe nobody actually wants to come play for Hibs. Go figure!

Just because we've had 21 days doesn't mean that something should have happened.

And you just know that a certain portion of the fans would be pissed if CC brought in someone just for the hell of it.

Note the subtle use of the word, "maybe".

And we can keep doing that every 3 months. Yup, that should work.
    if we still cant get a decent target in nearing the end of the window are people just wanting us to waste a wage on a trakys type just so its another body in.thats the kind of baws thats got got us in this mess.
    Its got to be sombody imo with even a wee bit hunger, drive, can also play a bit,probably take a wage drop, avaliable AND wants to play for Hibs in the SPL otherwise its a waste of a wage.im sure such players are desperatly getting in line to speak to CC.This first guy looks promising and we'll be doing well to get another 2 in who meet the above conditions

[QUOTE=nortonhibby;2705170]
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    [/QUOT

you got a buyer in mind ?
    The never do.....

[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2705232]

If he does so will I. I won the Champions League on FM10!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    We cannot sack Calderwood or let him resign, it's far too late to get someone in before the end of the window and without new signings, this squad will take us down.

We've got one option, and as much of a risk as it may be, the Board have got to back the manager beyond the limit of their resources NOW. Failure, i.e relegation is not an option.

None of this 'let's waste valuable time and get Adam Rooney roond the training centre for some tea and crumpets and have a wee chat about him possibly joining us at the end of the season'. F*** that, get him round to East Mains and dinnae let him oot until he's signed to play immediately.

After that bring in Imrie, Mensing and a central defender who's got GBH convictions longer than my cock (3 inches). I don't give two flying f***s about flair football, I want to see 10 outfield players in green absolutely flying into challenges, chasing in packs and forcing the ball over the goal line through sheer brute force.

The time for action is now, ask the manager who he desperately wants and provided they're not injured long term, pay what it takes to get them. Now.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs are clearly struggling to bring in players. It sums up Hibs/SPL when a reserve player at Nottingham Forrest is not keen on coming even though he is injured. The money in the SPL outside OF and Yams is league 1 standard. Most English players/fans see the SPL as a backwater. That been said CC has failed to improve Hibs since he has taken over. I would get rid of him and bring Jimmy Calderwood in until the end of the season.

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    playing players who have been released
    I keep seeing this. Surely if they've been released they would no longer be at the club??? Are there any quotes relating to McBride et al being told they are no longer part of long term plans? Even if so, and it's fairer to tell them before the final day of there contract surely so they can find new clubs, it does not mean you stop asking them to do the job they are still bring paid well for???

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Hibs are clearly struggling to bring in players. It sums up Hibs/SPL when a reserve player at Nottingham Forrest is not keen on coming even though he is injured. The money in the SPL outside OF and Yams is league 1 standard. Most English players/fans see the SPL as a backwater. That been said CC has failed to improve Hibs since he has taken over. I would get rid of him and bring Jimmy Calderwood in until the end of the season.
    Did Motherwell not get outbid recently by a non-league team?

Also the players that have moved from the SPL to the English leagues have hardly been roaring successes. Middlesborough being the most recent example.

I would keep CC. Pointless changing manager at this time.