This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    10 games no wins
    5 games no goals
    1 unknown signing in 22 days of a transfer window
    playing players who have been released
    playing nish
    hoofing the ball up the park to a loan derek riordan
    dropping brown and playing smith

aye colin your awright son.........BOLT TIME TO GO, TIME FOR PETRIE TO GO.

if i performed as badly at my job i would be sacked, and there wouldnae be any of this ,,,"ah the poor guys just in thr job pish"

If you cant do the job you get fired- it really is as simple as that!
    You sir, you deal in FACTS!!

I like the cut of your jib

However, you did forget to add the fact that the only signing he has made is INJURED and from his previous managerial post..

When Hughes signed players from his last managerial post or had manage them before, folk on here were up in arms!!

Double standards..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Cobra View Post
    [/B]

Dropping brown

playing Nish and Mcbride when they have been freed.

doing the square root of **** all in the transfer window.

not producing a team that can score over 180mins against a part time outfit

ohh that was 4 and i could keep going
    Apparently we've signed a midfielder and the window still has 9 days left. A little premature aren't you?

No arguments with your others though....

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    If it was as simple as that then how many of our first team players would you be sacking before even considering handing CC his P45?
    dont deny that at all, but as thier manager he has to take action against them, no?

i would say the vast majority in my opinion need to go, spoony, hanlon are all i can think of, of late to worthy a place in the first team. all about opinions though

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    So we get rid of CC, on the back of Hughes, following Mixu and that after JC had left. What kind of picture would that paint to any decent candidate who might even consider coming to us?

Supporters need to come to terms with the fact the CC will be here for the rest of this season - at least - and get behind him instead of this constant futile sniping.
    How long a contract did CC Get ? is he not on a 3 and a half year contract ? there is no way CC would walk away from that nice meaty contract would you ?

The board either pay up his contract and get rid off him which i cant see RP Doing or back him with hard cash to sign new players before the month ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Do NOT resign CC.

Take no notice of some of the ridiculous shouts on here for you to walk away. It was exactly the same people that hounded out our last manager and the one before. These fans do nothing our than destabilise our club and are in a large part responsible for the state we find ourselves in today.

Yogi was hounded out during the opening of this season, you therefore inherited a team that you are currently trying to change. Unfortunately a section of our fans expected you to bring your wand, and turn Miller into Fabregas, Riordan into Tevez and Nish into Messi and the rest of them in to run of the mill galacticos.

You would think we had been on an extensive winning run before you came along, the fans obviously want you to restore the team to the glory days of 2010 Feb-Sep.

Mr Nish pinpointed the extent of a fans knowledge of the game, and this site is more often than not a reflection of that.

We are never, and I mean never, in my opinion going to go anywhere as a club with the constant - lets look and see if the next manager is better, lets get rid of this player and see if the next one is better. Each time we think about doing the hibs.net experience we lose three points, or a month looking for a new manager, and then 2 months while he finds his feet, over and above that we end up with a squad of players that represent 3 picks from each manager and alas the situation that Hibernian FC finds itself in today.
    Can you remind me what glory days they were please?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You put your right back in

your right back out

in out in out you change them all about

You canny make your mind up if its thicot or hart

and Its the same all over the park hey

oh hokey cokey cokey

Do NOT resign CC.

Take no notice of some of the ridiculous shouts on here for you to walk away. It was exactly the same people that hounded out our last manager and the one before. These fans do nothing our than destabilise our club and are in a large part responsible for the state we find ourselves in today.

Yogi was hounded out during the opening of this season, you therefore inherited a team that you are currently trying to change. Unfortunately a section of our fans expected you to bring your wand, and turn Miller into Fabregas, Riordan into Tevez and Nish into Messi and the rest of them in to run of the mill galacticos.

You would think we had been on an extensive winning run before you came along, the fans obviously want you to restore the team to the glory days of 2010 Feb-Sep.

Mr Nish pinpointed the extent of a fans knowledge of the game, and this site is more often than not a reflection of that.

We are never, and I mean never, in my opinion going to go anywhere as a club with the constant - lets look and see if the next manager is better, lets get rid of this player and see if the next one is better. Each time we think about doing the hibs.net experience we lose three points, or a month looking for a new manager, and then 2 months while he finds his feet, over and above that we end up with a squad of players that represent 3 picks from each manager and alas the situation that Hibernian FC finds itself in today.
    Yep, and we all know what a footballing brain he has, read the game well, never gets caught offside..........he spends more time on his rear end than ****in ironside!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    Can you remind me what glory days they were please?
    I dont think I need to inform of dates, perhaps just direct you to the definition of sarcasm.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

your right back out

oh hokey cokey cokey
    It looks like he'd rather pick neither of them. He's probably in a place where he thinks I'll play Hart again, he can't be as bad as he was last time. Then goes, yip he can.

So many poor players down at ER it's incredibe.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

your right back out

oh hokey cokey cokey

It's just a shame none of the players he's playing in pretty much any position at the moment is doing enough to stake a claim for the position. It's like you could describe almost any player as the weak link of the team.

IMHO, CC needs to just pick the ones he thinks will give him enough more often than not, and give them the jerseys on a consistent basis until he can replace them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

We are 2-0 down away, its half time. You give the team talk, tell the team its not good enough, but we can get this back. And then tell Nish to get stripped yer going on. Now thats funny.

Testimonial Due
    Yep, and we all know what a footballing brain he has, read the game well, never gets caught offside..........he spends more time on his rear end than ****in ironside!
    And regardless of the above he will know far more about the game than any one here, therefore probably a reasonable knowledge of who has any real knowledge of the sport.

For the record I have always stated he was generous with 95%, spend an evening reading the stuff on here and you would be forgiven for putting it up by a few %.

Left by mutual consent!

your right back out

oh hokey cokey cokey

Pity you left out the bit about him playing Smith, the ****ing useless liability..

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    dont deny that at all, but as thier manager he has to take action against them, no?

i would say the vast majority in my opinion need to go, spoony, hanlon are all i can think of, of late to worthy a place in the first team. all about opinions though
    What kind of action do you mean? He's dropped plenty of them and changed the team about. He can't sack them. He can't give them away if nobody wants to take them. He can't bring in a team of replacements because we can't afford to have 7-8 more players on the books unless we get rid of the ones we have. The total cost of paying up thier contracts is going to be far too high.

The players who are running down contracts before they, inevitably, leave in the summer are as good as untouchable just now. What can CC, or anyone for that matter, do? Have you ever handed your notice in at work and then spent your last 4 weeks doing nowt, cos it simply doesn't make any difference to you? I know I have. If I had been in a department where almost all the rest of the staff were leaving and thinking the same as me then my manager would have been in trouble as well I suppose.
    Last edited by easty; 22-01-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Nish played well today. He moved into space to receive passes and kept the ball well when it was played to him on the ground then passed it on to teammates. He also made several good defensive headers when he dropped back against set pieces. His effort is an argument against those who think that players who've been advised to move on haven't the professional pride to make an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It looks like he'd rather pick neither of them. He's probably in a place where he thinks I'll play Hart again, he can't be as bad as he was last time. Then goes, yip he can.

So many poor players down at ER it's incredibe.
    As long as we are up for the games after the split we will be fine it is all about survival then empty all the dead wood and focus on next season the games against Hamilton and St Mirren after the split will be key for us if we win these games which i think we will we are fine

Left by mutual consent!

your right back out

oh hokey cokey cokey
    No half price drinks at the club tonight?

What kind of action do you mean? He's dropped plenty of them and changed the team about. He can't sack them. He can't give them away if nobody wants to take them. He can't bring in a team of replacements because we can't afford to have 7-8 more players on the books unless we get rid of the ones we have. The total cost of paying up thier contracts is going to be far too high.

The players who are running down contracts before they, inevitably, leave in the summer are as good as untouchable just now. What can CC, or anyone for that matter, do? Have you ever handed your notice in at work and then spent your last 4 weeks doing nowt, cos it simply doesn't make any difference to you? I know I have. If I had been in a department where almost all the rest of the staff were leaving and thinking the same as me then my manager would have been in trouble as well I suppose.

Emmmmmmm. not play them??? or am i missing something? If they follow your train of thought and they are in cant be arsed mode should they be playing for the team, underperforming and being allowed to. Or has the manager tried to put them in the shop window to move them on at the expense of the paying fan like you and me to suffer thier inadequte performances?

First Team Breakthrough zero-seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    1 he put smith in goals
    2 he brought rank back in
    3 he makes too many changes,match to match

howzat
    agree

we need goals to win games..so he puts our only real goal threat on the bench ..i admit he is out of form, but who isnt in the current squad ? and he can score from free kicks, at least he is a threat..no one else is.

cant get my head around this ..unless it was tactical to try and get a draw !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    No half price drinks at the club tonight?
    Hi pal, have to be quick, just on my way out on the lash. Spoke to Craig this morning, he pm'd me, i gave him some useful information about watching footy.

When is he back home, you must be missing him?

The reasons why the Bored/Board (delete where appropriate) need to get rid!

In my opinion he is making mistakes on a regular occurance.

He has recently dropped Brown......
    Nobody on here would agree that brown should have been dropped as i would say that he is the only player with pass marks in recent weeks. His kicking is horrific mind you but as far as saves he has made he cannot be faulted.

He up until today has continued to play Hart......
    A total liability. With no pace or final ball. Every team so far has chosen him as our weakness and played on him for 90 minutes.

He has played 3-5-1 on a number of occasions with no target man.....
    This would be okay if we are trying to scrape games like we should be at the moment. But until now he has been playing with Riordan up front. Its no surprise that nothing sticks up front and we are under pressure constantly.

He allows Degraff to slip into the side and games unnoticed.....
    I will give him his due he always seems to be active but im not sure i can ever remember him winning a header or offering himself for balls from throw-ins etc. If you actually just watch him, all runs he makes are behind an opposition player and never actually gets into an area to recieve a ball. It reminds me of bairns football where there were always one or two who hid through a game.

He has continued to set up as a defensive team....
    Although we are midgets in comparison to other teams and can only really try to play attacking football like we did under hughes. Calderwood in his early interviews wanted to sort out the defense leaking easy goals from set-pieces etc and talked a good game at how he was helping the defenders with this. I still see no improvement in that area? Does anyone else?

He is making wholesale changes now which are not working and nobody seems to know what each other are doing. There is no answer to sort out this problem out overnight.

However i feel that he has proven that he cannot make this work and with the way we are playing football under him i cannot se it improving once he gets his own players into the team. Fans were dissapointed at how often the ball was in the air under mixus team, and i would wager that the ball is in the air far more under Calderwood than it was then.

There is nothing that i have seen to make me believe that letting him continue will be in our best interests. I fear that if we let him make his own signings that we will end up with a couple of big guys up front and continue to play route 1 football. We might end up with a team that cannot play football that may take even longer to overhaul than the current squad.

I dont blame Calderwood altogether though as i reckon the board should have been able to see this coming. The styles of Calderwood and Hughes are totally opposite to each other and i dont think that this has been taken into consideration.

I reckon the board need to stick their hands up and admit that they have got this appointment wrong and replace him with someone who is more suited to working with a footballing side like ours and a little more knowledge of Scottish football in order to avoid the drop.

And regardless of the above he will know far more about the game than any one here, therefore probably a reasonable knowledge of who has any real knowledge of the sport.

For the record I have always stated he was generous with 95%, spend an evening reading the stuff on here and you would be forgiven for putting it up by a few %.
    Ahhh big Nish...our saviour. Signed by Hibs on 31/01/08 and since then has blinded us all with the 25 goals he's scored, being the top class striker he is.

His opinion on our footballing knowledge is somewhat discredited when we consider the time he's spent on his arse versus the time he's spent actually scoring, the primary function and "use for being here".

Regards the knowledge of the game and Hibs, I defy you tell me who knows more about this club, the ins and outs of the way we play and what works and doesn't ALL OVER the park, than us, the fans. Do you think the players go home and studiously check all their **** ups on the telly? On the Internet? Anywhere? Football more generally, it's not complicated. I recall seeing Kenny Dalglish recently accosted for being "out of the game" for so long. He's forgotten more about football than some people will know but his point was valid in that he watches more football in person and on TV than most premiership managers...and that wasn't his job at the time. I suggest, any REAL fitba fan, such as many of us on this site, will have an equal and/or better footballing knowledge (give or take some folk) than Mr Nish will and a good deal of others who are supposedly "professionals". Professional football players dont get their ***** kicked over THREE hours by a part time outfit from Ayr. For starters...

If so, do you not think they'd be far sharper and smarter to their weaknesses???

Nope. Some of them cannot be arsed. And a striker who scores 25 goals over 2 1/2 seasons is hardly anyone to lecture about how football works. Some time learning how to bag a ****ing goal for Mr Nish would be a start.

Err, ENDOF

Gamer IDs

Emmmmmmm. not play them??? or am i missing something? If they follow your train of thought and they are in cant be arsed mode should they be playing for the team, underperforming and being allowed to. Or has the manager tried to put them in the shop window to move them on at the expense of the paying fan like you and me to suffer thier inadequte performances?
    We don't have the squad available to leave them all out though so that it's not an option in this case...unless you'd play the youth team in their place?

CC is sticking with them because they are all he's got.

We don't have the squad available to leave them all out though so that it's not an option in this case...unless you'd play the youth team in their place?

that is my thoughts on it easty.....get the youg lads in, we are less likely to go down because they will fight for the jersey more than this shower of ****. Have to be a better option, stevens Byrne, hanlon, spoony, etc etc etc

Left by mutual consent!
    Hi pal, have to be quick, just on my way out on the lash. Spoke to Craig this morning, he pm'd me, i gave him some useful information about watching footy.When is he back home, you must be missing him?
    It would be All Bad

The Hibs are missing him.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Ahhh big Nish...our saviour. Signed by Hibs on 31/01/08 and since then has blinded us all with the 25 goals he's scored, being the top class striker he is.

His opinion on our footballing knowledge is somewhat discredited when we consider the time he's spent on his arse versus the time he's spent actually scoring, the primary function and "use for being here".

Regards the knowledge of the game and Hibs, I defy you tell me who knows more about this club, the ins and outs of the way we play and what works and doesn't ALL OVER the park, than us, the fans. Do you think the players go home and studiously check all their **** ups on the telly? On the Internet? Anywhere? Football more generally, it's not complicated. I recall seeing Kenny Dalglish recently accosted for being "out of the game" for so long. He's forgotten more about football than some people will know but his point was valid in that he watches more football in person and on TV than most premiership managers...and that wasn't his job at the time. I suggest, any REAL fitba fan, such as many of us on this site, will have an equal and/or better footballing knowledge (give or take some folk) than Mr Nish will and a good deal of others who are supposedly "professionals". Professional football players dont get their ***** kicked over THREE hours by a part time outfit from Ayr. For starters...

If so, do you not think they'd be far sharper and smarter to their weaknesses???

Nope. Some of them cannot be arsed. And a striker who scores 25 goals over 2 1/2 seasons is hardly anyone to lecture about how football works. Some time learning how to bag a ****ing goal for Mr Nish would be a start.

Err, ENDOF
    Oh my god, are you actually playing the stato card?

Your below statement is perhaps one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read...in my life...actually no, it is the most ridiculous.

"Regards the knowledge of the game and Hibs, I defy you tell me who knows more about this club, the ins and outs of the way we play and what works and doesn't ALL OVER the park, than us, the fans"

The bit in bold is my favourite. Somewhat of a football strategist are you? Spend a lot of todays games analysing and taking notes did you? Going to watch through and analyse the whole thing later?

The fact that you have said you know more about how we play and what works, over and above a professional footballer, a full time coaching staff and a manager that has played at the highest level, is IMO, nothing short of embarrassing for you.

I will take back all of the above if you reveal that you are Arsene Wenger, otherwise, you are simply another one of all of us - a football fan that thinks they know everything and actually knows......

I have decided not to comment on your comparison to you and Kenny Dalgleish watching telly....that is really embarrassing, I honestly, honestly hope your post is just a joke.
    Last edited by Albion Hibs; 22-01-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Gamer IDs

that is my thoughts on it easty.....get the youg lads in, we are less likely to go down because they will fight for the jersey more than this shower of ****. Have to be a better option, stevens Byrne, hanlon, spoony, etc etc etc
    Who are the etc's though? I don't know enough, in fact I don't know anything, about the young lads at Easter Road who haven't been involved in the first team. The coaches and the manager have seen them though and not deemed them ready/good enough for the first team.

It could go two ways, one being you're correct and they'll fight for the jersey and get us the results straight away. Two, we continue to lose games having brought in young players who aren't ready, who haven't been prepared for first team football and have now ruined their confidence to an extent where they never make it. How long would it take before sections of our support were picking out individuals for abuse? A new Hogg/Rankin/Nish would be found to abuse, and that'd be really unfair I think.

I wouldn't subject our youngsters to it, I don't think it'd go well.

If by "playing the stato card" you are suggesting that the use of statistics as a means to illustrate a point based on facts/stats (or in this case wins/loses/draws) as opposed to "just because" as the basis of the argument then yes, I have indeed been "playing the stato card".

Your below statement is perhaps one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read...in my life...actually no, it is the most ridiculous.
    I aim to please....

"Regards the knowledge of the game and Hibs, I defy you tell me who knows more about this club, the ins and outs of the way we play and what works and doesn't ALL OVER the park, than us, the fans"

The bit in bold is my favourite. Somewhat of a football strategist are you? Spend a lot of todays games analysing and taking notes did you? Going to watch through and analyse the whole thing later?
    So, my point being (which you clearly missed, hence I'll spell it out for you so there can be absolutely no misunderstanding) the club, and the knowledge of the club and what's going on all over the pitch, is probably analysed, discussed, investigated and such like more by fans than anyone else.

People spend an unhealthy amount of time digging out "stats" and such like on how many times x player has crossed a ball, screwed up a throw in, assists etc. THIS, and it's clear that WAS what I was referring to as opposed to the nonsensical theatrical statistical guru image you attempt to paint.

So no, I don't take notes, geekily and studiously to analyse later on. I do watch Hibs like the rest of the people round here and probably over analyse everything, like most people here. It's what we do...

The fact that you have said you know more about how we play and what works, over and above a professional football, a full time coaching staff and a manager that has played at the highest level, is IMO, nothing short of embarrassing for you.
    I was referring to Nish. And yes, I reckon some of us know how this club ticks more than Mr Nish does. Perhaps he can enlighten us as to where his 95% of fans figure comes from? Or is that the population of fans who (unkindly and I feel, unjustifiably) slated him whilst he plays and cheered when he went off. I didn't agree with that but I understand why (some) of our fans done it.

Did I suggest footballing coaches, managers etc were below "us" as fans or me? Nope. Your attempt to pull it out of context and suggest this is frankly silly and childish...however, we all get our kicks in different ways.

I will take back all of the above if you reveal that you are Arsene Wenger, otherwise, you are simply another one of all of us - a football fan that thinks they know everything and actually knows......
    I am indeed a football fan. I don't think I know more than I know and I don't know everything. That said, I didn't come out in the press and suggest "95% of the fans" knew nothing about football. Colin Nish did. This was my point. A simple point too, I rather feel.

I have decided not to comment on your comparison to you and Kenny Dalgleish watching telly....that is really embarrassing, I honestly, honestly hope your post is just a joke.
    Actually, it wasn't a joke at all and it's the SAME point, I was covering. The point was simply one does not need to be "in the game" to know the game. One does not need to be a "professional" to know what football is and how it works.

Obviously inner workings of transfers, finances etc - that's something none of us know about but that was not what I was covering and that was clear.

Finally, who's this "Dalgleish" you speak of? I was talking about Kenny Dalglish, of Scotland and Liverpool, all round top scorer of goals and a bloody nice man to boot (and he could play).

I thank you.

The fact that you have said you know more about how we play and what works, over and above a professional footballer, a full time coaching staff and a manager that has played at the highest level, is IMO, nothing short of embarrassing for you.

I would consider myself and most other people i know to be fairly well educated on most things football, as i have spent my life watching and playing the game. So in real terms no different to the vast majority of fans, players and managers out there. I dont have any coaching badges though so by your reckoning that makes me unable to comment on football. I see you found yourself "qualified" to pass comment in your previous post though.

You whole post is downright ridiculous, then again if you are happy with current performances, tactics, team selections then i bow to your superior knowledge, but please tell us where the rest of us are going wrong

Lay of CC Its not his fault he was left a load of garbage players.