hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me clear.

As a regular paying customer do I want CC to continue as manager of Hibernian. Answer - no. Hence why I started the thread last week.

Who do I want to replace him? Thankfully that's not my decision although going by Petrie's record of recruiting managers I'd probably do a better job.

I came over strong because you tried to be a smart a**e regarding my comments so you shouldn't be surprised.
    You're right, it's not your decision but you have to at least realise that there simply might not be anyone else who wants to come and manage us AND there's no guarantee that they will do any better. You also have to appreciate that only now has CC started to work on building his own team. His new signings have played one game and yet people want him to go. What would these new signings think if the manager that hired them was sacked after they had only played one, or two, matches? Maybe we don't care what these guys think.

Everyone has a different opinion but I don't think anyone can convince me that replacing the manager every few months is the answer. Lots of people agree with me on that and even some who don't know it. One of the biggest complaints some fans have of CC is that he is chopping and changing the team. Yet those same fans want the board to chop and change the management. Oh the irony.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Alex Miller
    God no! I remeber those times as too painful.

One thing I would say. Miller knew how to make a team hard to beat. I thought that would be priority no 1 for blunderwood. start with 8 defenders and start getting some nil nil draws and then build on it. I actually think blunderwood has made us easier to beat (if thats possible).

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    You're right, it's not your decision but you have to at least realise that there simply might not be anyone else who wants to come and manage us AND there's no guarantee that they will do any better. You also have to appreciate that only now has CC started to work on building his own team. His new signings have played one game and yet people want him to go. What would these new signings think if the manager that hired them was sacked after they had only played one, or two, matches? Maybe we don't care what these guys think.

Everyone has a different opinion but I don't think anyone can convince me that replacing the manager every few months is the answer. Lots of people agree with me on that and even some who don't know it. One of the biggest complaints some fans have of CC is that he is chopping and changing the team. Yet those same fans want the board to chop and change the management. Oh the irony.
    I love it how you keep saying that no players or managers want to come to Hibs - complete fairy tales

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Let me be clear

As a regular paying customer do I want CC to continue as manager of Hibernian. Answer - no. Hence why I started the thread last week.

Who do I want to replace him? Thankfully that's not my decision although going by Petrie's record of recruiting managers I'd probably do a better job.

I came over strong because you tried to be a smart a**e regarding my comments so you shouldn't be surprised.
    OK, with the greatest respect, everyone can see that things are wrong. I think it's easy to point that out, it's harder to say how things can be fixed.

My question is, how can you be certain it is Calderwood's fault when, by your own admission, you don't know that much about football managers? (I am assuming that's what you meant by saying that it is for others to decide who is fit to do the job).

Either you know what it takes to be a good manager, or you don't.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Of course there is no guarantee. But I would rather they try and been seen to be making a genuine attempt to save our season.

They are trying to save the season, they've brought in 4 players and the windows still open.

Calderwoods record is woeful. I see no sign of things changing. If it does and be keeps us up and has us challenging for 3rd and cups next year I'll eat humble pie but there is nothing positive to report right now. We are staring relegation in the face under his management.

Calderwoods record with Yogi's team is woeful. Nothing positive? We actually looked like we had a midfield today for the first time in ages. Palsson and Scott looked better than the players they replaced. We've two fullbacks that look comfortable on the ball and try to get up the wings.

Bring in a new manager and is doesn't work. Yes, its a possibility. But at least we can say we tried to rectify things.

And if the new manager doesn't keep us up? Sack him and move on to someone else?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    God no! I remeber those times as too painful.

One thing I would say. Miller knew how to make a team hard to beat. I thought that would be priority no 1 for blunderwood. start with 8 defenders and start getting some nil nil draws and then build on it. I actually think blunderwood has made us easier to beat (if thats possible).
    Very Yammish. Any need.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    I love it how you keep saying that no players or managers want to come to Hibs - complete fairy tales
    And I love how you keep putting words in my mouth.

Here's what I said and the part that you bolded:
    but you have to at least realise that there simply might not be anyone else who wants to come and manage us

Which part of the word MIGHT don't you understand?

I have never ONCE said that certain players or managers will not come to Hibs. All I have dared say is that there is the possibility that there aren't as many people clamouring to join Hibs as we would like.

This is not the first time you've tried unsuccessfully to pick my posts apart. Keep agreeing with yourself as much as you like but it doesn't make you any more right.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    OK, with the greatest respect, everyone can see that things are wrong. I think it's easy to point that out, it's harder to say how things can be fixed.

My question is, how can you be certain it is Calderwood's fault when, by your own admission, you don't know that much about football managers? (I am assuming that's what you meant by saying that it is for others to decide who is fit to do the job).
    T
    Ok FR, let me put it to you. Can you be certain that persisting with CC will change our fortunes. No you can't. Just like I can't be certain that a new manager will make a positive impact. This while damn thread is subjective, nobody can give guarentees.

What I do for certain know is that we are in a results driven industry anx
    D the results that CC has produced have been nothing short of appalling. I therefore use these facts to come to the opinion that a change of manager is required. Some will disagree with this. Fine.

I'm not a football expert and I doubt anyone in this board is. Doesn't mean I can speak my mind.
    Is CC a good manager? I don't think so. Others will wait to give their opinion. Fine.

One thing is for sure, Rod Petrie is as much a 'football man' as I'm a millionaire.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post

T
    Ok FR, let me put it to you. Can you be certain that persisting with CC will change our fortunes. No you can't. Just like I can't be certain that a new manager will make a positive impact. This whole damn thread is subjective, nobody can give guarentees.

What I do for certain know is that we are in a results driven industry and the results that CC has produced have been nothing short of appalling. I therefore use these facts to come to the opinion that a change of manager is required. Some will disagree with this. Fine.

I'm not a football expert and I doubt anyone in this board is. Doesn't mean I can't speak my mind. Is CC a good manager? I dont think so. Others will wait to give their opinion. Fine.

One thing is for sure, Rod Petrie is as much a 'football man' as I'm a millionaire going by his appointment of our previous managers.

Gamer IDs

D the results that CC has produced have been nothing short of appalling. I therefore use these facts to come to the opinion that a change of manager is required. Some will disagree with this. Fine.
    And if your replacement manager comes in and doesn't turn things around in 4 months then you can him as well?

What I don't understand is why many fans are so intent on replacing the manager before he's had time to build his own team. I don't buy into the philosophy that you can turn a team around JUST by replacing the manager. I don't deny that it can happen but I'm just saying it's not a guarantee.

Why can't people wait and see what Colin does with the team AFTER the transfer window has closed? If he still can't get a result with his own players in the team then it might be time to think about a replacement but I just want to give him what many don't appear capable or willing to do - time. I can't guarantee that Colin can turn the team around. I can't tell you that anyone else will do a better / worse job than him. We don't know and in my opinion we may as well stick with Colin.

Again, what sort of manager do you think will be attracted to a club that gives it's managers a handful of months before getting punted? We're a crap team right now, what manager will want to join the club knowing that he'll instantly have a noose around his neck?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok FR, let me put it to you. Can you be certain that persisting with CC will change our fortunes. No you can't. Just like I can't be certain that a new manager will make a positive impact. This while damn thread is subjective, nobody can give guarentees.

I'm not a football expert and I doubt anyone in this board is. Doesn't mean I can speak my mind.
    Is CC a good manager? I don't think so. Others will wait to give their opinion. Fine.

One thing is for sure, Rod Petrie is as much a 'football man' as I'm a millionaire.
    My main concern is that if we change manager again, there is no more liklihood that the new guy will have any more luck. What we don't know for certain is how deep the problems were when CC took over.

At the end of the day, all the shouting in the world wouldn't have made those players any taller - I think one of our biggest problems was the fact that we were not big enough. It needed time.

So Calderwood comes into January with a tough set of fixtures, which a lot of us had already written off, and the need for five or six players on top of it. It wasn't going to change overnight.

What does concern me is that I reckon he is starting to doubt if he can turn it round. That is pure supposition, of course, based on the fact that he comes across like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

I agree about Rod, but clubs have been run by football people and ended up in much worse schtum than us. I think he got lucky with a squad of players and has gambled ever since that the same principles would work again.

All I can say is I wish we weren't in this mess. I honestly think a third manager in a year would be disaster. As I've said elsewhere, I reckon our fate is now sealed, and I can only hope that we are fated to stay up.

CC is showing nothing any diffrent for me than Yogi .... He has a good pedigree in game as a player and decent start as manager at forest however i dont think he has it in his locker to turn it around here lack of cash and its not his fault imo blame lies with petrie left a mess as players contracts running out playing with no care and trying to change things with his own players... will there be enough time to gel his team in our current plight his record has been abysml since taking over .. constant changes

No goals is bad and goals are required to win games cant see us staying up without them if we fail to sign a striker and defender we could go down
    Last edited by eastmainsmsh; 30-01-2011 at 04:43 PM.