hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar

FAO CC - tender your resignation NOW!

Had this up a couple of minutes ago until I accidentally deleted it when trying to edit. Damn blackberrys.

He needs to go IMO. He can paint any picture that he wants with the media, I'm not buying. He is under huge pressure and his body language says it all. I
    Personally don't think be has what it takes to get us out of this crisis. I actually feel sorry for him because he should never have been appointed in the first. His lack of Scottish football knowledge is showing and I'm sorry but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been unforgivable.

People can moan all they want about not changing managers again but if Petrie put as much effort into bank balancing as the sourcing process for new managers we wouldn't be in this position.

Stucl with Calderwood and we're down IMO. If I'm proved wrong then will happily eat my words but I don't think I will be. And results are backing this up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had this up a couple of minutes ago until I accidentally deleted it when trying to edit. Damn blackberrys.

He needs to go IMO. He can paint any picture that he wants with the media, I'm not buying. He is under huge pressure and his body language says it all. I
    Personally don't think be has what it takes to get us out of this crisis. I actually feel sorry for him because he should never have been appointed in the first. His lack of Scottish football knowledge is showing and I'm sorry but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been unforgivable.

People can moan all they want about not changing managers again but if Petrie put as much effort into bank balancing as the sourcing process for new managers we wouldn't be in this position.

Stucl with Calderwood and we're down IMO. If I'm proved wrong then will happily eat my words but I don't think I will be. And results are backing this up.

Not just because of today but he has made us WORSE since his appointment.

If it can happen to Sauzee after 60 odd days then the board should be pressurising him for some improvement.

We are the SPL soft touches once again this season, how we have fallen when we are running scared of a team from Hamilton

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel

his biggest problem is that he can't ship out 15 and bring in 15 he is working with players who dont give a ****, dont care and got Yogi the boot. AND we are relying on the bulk of them to keep us up

I'm starting to think the club as a whole needs a complete overhaul... and Tom Farmer needs to put up or sell up now...its about time.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Dont resign Colin that will seal our relegation without a doubt. How about you dont panic and sign the right players to keep us up and then sort out the playing side proper next season.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    So we get rid of CC, on the back of Hughes, following Mixu and that after JC had left. What kind of picture would that paint to any decent candidate who might even consider coming to us?

Supporters need to come to terms with the fact the CC will be here for the rest of this season - at least - and get behind him instead of this constant futile sniping.

Right, lets say you get your way and CC does walk. We are 9 days away fron the end of this transfer window , so any new manager, assuming we appointed one [just who do you suggest?] 5 min after CC leaves, he would only have this amount of time to bring any players in. As for working with the ****** we currently have - gies a break, it has been obvious to even Stevie Wonder that they couldnae give a flying one as they know they are just treading water till they are emptied at end of season. If we should be calling for anyones head it should be the one consistant which made the last 4 managers fail - THE BOARD - they appointed CC so now is the time for them to give him the tools to do the job and open the purse strings and allow him to sign at least 4 quality players within next few days.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    I'm sorry but some of his decisions over the last few weeks have been unforgivable.
    Any chance you can give an example of 3 "unforgivable" descisions he has made?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    sign the right players to keep us up
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    We are 9 days away fron the end of this transfer window
    Well CC has had 22 days to get players in and still only one has come in whos having a medical.

His targets should have been identified in November/December and yes things change in football with managers coming and going but he should have players in by now (Christ we were so happy to get rid of Sol come 12:01 on 1/1/11)

A lot of hardcore hibs fans are talking about dumping season tickets for next year already due to the low standard they're paying top dollar for.

We were quick to get rid of a hibs legend in 69 days so we should shed no tears if CC goes.

1 he put smith in goals
    2 he brought rank back in
    3 he makes too many changes,match to match

howzat

I'd actually stopped posting as I was depressed enough just reading everyone else's posts. However. I look at the personnel of the 2 teams today and as I go through them I'm asking why we cannot get a tune out of these guys against teams with less talent? Motherwell have no superstars. We have players as good as and some a fair bit better. Why then can the manager not get a tune out of these guys? I wasn't exactly excited when he was appointed, but the lack of response has been frightening. It's too easy to say another character would have done better and we signed the wrong calderwood blah blah blah, but like the saying goes you get what you pay for. I fear we are gone. Hope I'm wrong/

First Team Regular ForeverHibs93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xox TopLad xox
    I'd agree, you on here can say it's not his players etc. all you like but at the end of the day our results are abysmal and we should at least be getting some points or being harder to score against. Unfortunately we're not. We are sinking fast.

I was all for giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the fact these are not his players and they are really pants but not even looking like there is any structure to what he is doing. He looks totally lost right now, unable to change things and as a thread has said elsewhere Bingo team selection, pick any 11 from 22.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    I'm not convinced CC is the man for the job but we can't keep sacking managers the problem lies at board level.

Great Training facilities
    Great Stadium

But the product on the park is dire and the fans are staying away in numbers.

Petrie needs to make clear what actions he's prepared to take and back it up with action and if he can't he needs to step down because we can't continue going downhill... we deserve better.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    1 he put smith in goals

howzat

CC, before it's too late..

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    1 he put smith in goals

howzat
    Bad descisions in retrospect, as they have not worked, but unforgivable, not really. He makes changes because it is not working. If he was to stick with the same bunch of no marks, I'm sure point 3 would have been "Doesn't make changes when it is clearly not working"

Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    I was all for giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the fact these are not his players and they are really pants but not even looking like there is any structure to what he is doing. He looks totally lost right now, unable to change things and as a thread has said elsewhere Bingo team selection, pick any 11 from 22.

I agree that and 180 mins against 2nd Div team and no goals

We no w look like we could play forever and not score

He has acheived the impossible and made us worse than we were under Yogi

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post

Not just because of today but he has made us WORSE since his appointment.

If it can happen to Sauzee after 60 odd days then the board should be pressurising him for some improvement.

We are the SPL soft touches once again this season, how we have fallen when we are running scared of a team from Hamilton
    I rarely use smilies but if someone can find me a 'sigh' one, I'd be forever grateful.

How has he made us worse than we were under Hughes in the latter stages of last season and early this season because it's not in results, goals scored or goals conceded?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I rarely use smilies but if someone can find me a 'sigh' one, I'd be forever grateful.

How has he made us worse than we were under Hughes in the latter stages of last season and early this season because it's not in results, goals scored or goals conceded?

This do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout Boy View Post

CC, before it's too late..
    to be honest stevo,,,,,,,,id rather keep CC, but his team selections are BAFFLING
    he drops players,then 2 months later there back in
    i noticed hogg was on the bench???
    he tells one, he has to go,then plays him!!!
    weve had 22 days of waiting,,,,,i still dont know if this guy has signed or not
    will we get in another 3,,,,,,,,i can only dream

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    CC has to get the time to sort this mess out, I don't think we'll be relegated but we'll not be far off it. Over the summer is when we'll find out what CC has to offer us.

He's changing the team a lot, but that's because the players aren't performing...if he wasn't changing the side he'd be slated for that as well! He's not had the benefit of pre-season friendlies to find out for himself what system to use with this lot of imposters, you can't tell from watching them in training how they'll do in an actual game.

Sacking hims not going to help matters in my opinion. The players we are stuck with are ruining this club just now. CC can't force them to play well, they have to want to.

1 he put smith in goals

howzat
    1. Brown has been a good shot stopper but has he claimed many clean sheets while at Hibs? Smith is an odd choice but I think there is more to it than meets the eye!
    2. I would agree this is an error perhaps as Wotherspoon in centre midfield gives something positive for next season perhaps on him gaining experience playing there.
    3. I think this comes from lack of faith in the Hibs squad. How many players are there that you would trust week in week out to give you a performance? I think at the moment Hanlon because of his age is the only that has been anything near steady. Galbraith and Wotherspoon are two others I would persist with playing but apart from that nobody else inspires me.

CC - "I enjoyed what the team did with and without the ball today"

"I enjoyed the game even though it was 0 - 2"

"I dont want us involved in a relegation battle"

"We will see a flurry of activity maybe 2 more signings""

Call the Doctors Please

imo the problem with this team apart from being ****** is they dont give a flying f££k because they know they are not getting a new contract they all know they are getting punted out the door.2nd bottom is now success

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Would like to hear CC give a vote of confidence to the Chairman and the board. Would also like to hear the chairman and all directors make a public pledge to resign if we go down, and not demand any pay-off compo. We can't reward failure at any level.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    does anyone who thinks cc should stay think he is doing a good job if they dont how long should he be allowed to continue doing a bad one

@hibs.net private member
    While I remian to be convinced about CC, I am not seeing any obvious candidates out there that would do any better at the moment so stick with him. What I cant get my head around is the constant changing of line ups. What is that about? We got a great result at Ibrox and we should have kept the same line up after that for me but the constant chopping and changing is unsettling and a manager should know his best line up by now, whether they are his own players or not

Quote Originally Posted by MerseyHibee View Post
    While I remian to be convinced about CC, I am not seeing any obvious candidates out there that would do any better at the moment so stick with him. What I cant get my head around is the constant changing of line ups. What is that about? We got a great result at Ibrox and we should have kept the same line up after that for me but the constant chopping and changing is unsettling and a manager should know his best line up by now, whether they are his own players or not
    How would he know his best line-up if they are all playing utter rubbish? If any of them were performing, he would know his best team by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_adora_el_gallo View Post
    Bad descisions in retrospect, as they have not worked, but unforgivable, not really. He makes changes because it is not working. If he was to stick with the same bunch of no marks, I'm sure point 3 would have been "Doesn't make changes when it is clearly not working"
    not gonna argue with a fellow mussy,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,
    Smith should be out the door,,,,,nowhere near hibs goals
    he makes TOOOOO many changes,, im not saying we should stick by the same team,week in week out,,,,but at least try and keep to say 8 regulars,mind you
    who they 8 would be,i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    Well CC has had 22 days to get players in and still only one has come in whos having a medical.

His targets should have been identified in November/December and yes things change in football with managers coming and going but he should have players in by now (Christ we were so happy to get rid of Sol come 12:01 on 1/1/11)

A lot of hardcore hibs fans are talking about dumping season tickets for next year already due to the low standard they're paying top dollar for.

We were quick to get rid of a hibs legend in 69 days so we should shed no tears if CC goes.

Read my whole post, not just the one line you highlighted, I said any manager coming in now would only have 9 days left of this transfer window. You are correct, players should have been identified early so that when the window opened we could make our moves. Trouble is the financial restraints CC is having to work under and as they say " when you pay peanuts..........." I however am not convinced CC is the right man for us, but I am prepared to give him time, and for the record I do not think we will be relegated, I think it will go to the wire and when the break happens we will pick up more points than Hamilton and St Mirren - still not a great situation but hey ho ****** happens [ and has done for past 12 months - even before CC arrived, strange that eh.]