hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's no one individuals fault. As a club morale is low and confidence is rock bottom. They need to work hard, try and get a result and build it from there.

All this talk of paying everyone off and sacking everyone that is left is crazy. We need signings now and big changes in the summer but folk need to calm down a bit, accept the situation we're in and support the team to try and get us away from the very serious threat of relegation.

Our season is ****ed. We just need to get through it now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bookkeeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In any other business there would be a cull at the top .. The man accountable would be sacked or resign.

We lack leadership, we lack vision, we lack strategy - crucially where is the action?
    The only lasting USP for any club is the quality of the football .. What we have is totally unacceptable - and it has been so for too long. It is and will continue to drive fans away ..

Furthermore, we have no cash, more debt, no team and and underlying loss of c25% of turnover. It is a bl++dy mess!

Those responsible know it .. and more and more of the fan base realise it.

It will come home to roost next season - especially if we are relegated.

Some serious action is taken to stop the rot.

There are 13 days .. and counting down .. as this side are not going to pick up without some new players.

Will whoever is supposed to be taking this club forward please get an effing move on!

Agreed

players

we have the chance!?.
    clear them out` pay out the out of contract players.
    lets start again before we go south.
    we need big defenders, midfielders & forwards.
    the little players are in the club(stevenson galbraith etc).good players.
    bye that i mean good players but we need a s*** house wall.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    It's no one individuals fault. As a club morale is low and confidence is rock bottom. They need to work hard, try and get a result and build it from there.

All this talk of paying everyone off and sacking everyone that is left is crazy. We need signings now and big changes in the summer but folk need to calm down a bit, accept the situation we're in and support the team to try and get us away from the very serious threat of relegation.

Our season is ****ed. We just need to get through it now.
    How are we supposed to get 'away' from relegation then? All this 'once we get signing new players' or 'once he brings in his own players ' is great in theory...but when can we expect it..ah'm thinking? No movement means no movement..

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Let’s assume we have 10,000 season ticket holders
    STF needs to give them collectively a 55% holding in Hibs
    The 10000 elect a commitee
    The board, who now work for the commitee, is sacked
    The committee appoints a new chief exec., board etc
    Committee sets the club strategy and mission for chief exec and co to carry out
    Committee is relected every few years
    New season ticket holders given an equal share holding after 3 years, out of STFs remaining shares
    Eventually club will be approx 75% owned by season ticket holders
    The resonsibility is now ours!

This took 5 mins to think up. im sure some older wiser heads could come up with a more robust plan. if STF doesn’t want to give up his shares, which should be a moral obligation, we can make him an offer he cant refuse!

Your suggestions are more or less exactly how Barcelona is run. The fans own the club, and an elected body of around 100 of them have the decision-making power to dictate the club`s policies and so on. Those policies are directly formulated from the opinions of the club`s fans. I know this because one of my friends is one of the elected members. It would be a bold move, but big big changes are needed at Hibs and it couldn`t be worse than the way things are right now.

GG

This team is going to get us relegated. We don't radical changes, but we do need at least 4 players who can and will fight. We need those who are not good enough to be gone and we need to promote some younger hungrier players.

We cannot change the board right now. We cannot change the manager right now. The time for radical change is in the summer, in hindsight it should have been last summer.

CC said in his interview that players were giving him everything they had, which to me means he knows that they are not good enough. Personally I think he just says that because he does believe he has an alternative to the players at Hibs right now.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    This team is going to get us relegated. We don't radical changes, but we do need at least 4 players who can and will fight. We need those who are not good enough to be gone and we need to promote some younger hungrier players.

We cannot change the board right now. We cannot change the manager right now. The time for radical change is in the summer, in hindsight it should have been last summer.

CC said in his interview that players were giving him everything they had, which to me means he knows that they are not good enough. Personally I think he just says that because he does believe he has an alternative to the players at Hibs right now.

Could CC transfer list the entire squad? That might make some of them wake up a bit if they realised they were playing for their livelihoods.

GG

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post

CC said in his interview that players were giving him everything they had, which to me means he knows that they are not good enough. Personally I think he just says that because he does believe he has an alternative to the players at Hibs right now
    That sounds to me that he's stuck with them till the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    In any other business there would be a cull at the top .. The man accountable would be sacked or resign.

We lack leadership, we lack vision, we lack strategy - crucially where is the action?
    The only lasting USP for any club is the quality of the football .. What we have is totally unacceptable - and it has been so for too long. It is and will continue to drive fans away ..

Furthermore, we have no cash, more debt, no team and and underlying loss of c25% of turnover. It is a bl++dy mess!

Those responsible know it .. and more and more of the fan base realise it.

It will come home to roost next season - especially if we are relegated.

Some serious action is taken to stop the rot.

There are 13 days .. and counting down .. as this side are not going to pick up without some new players.

Will whoever is supposed to be taking this club forward please get an effing move on!

I suspect there is wide spread panic at ER these days.
    Maybe that is the best we can hope for, perhaps Petrie and STF are just fed up with the whole thing. This slide, since last christmas really, has the feeling of a fall of the Roman Empire about it. I have a feeling we are at the end of something.

Micheal hart must be one of the worst players I can remember playing for us, his distribution is woeful, he can't run he can't really do anything to be honest