hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

Where do you even start?

With the players?

With the manager?

With the board?

I am being serious here when I say that I really have no idea where the root of the problems are at Easter Road.

If there is some kind of blueprint or masterplan in place I would seriously suggest that it gets torn up and started again because it is clearly not happening in any area of the club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    I'd start by asking CC why he reckoned we didn't need whole scale changes at the club he needs to see an optician very quickly

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am being serious here when I say that I really have no idea where the root of the problems are at Easter Road.
    I agree. This has gone on for far too long it has spread to a point where I couldn't even pinpoint what needs to change. There is much more wrong than right with the entire club. We have all had fun looking at the circus over Gorgie way while the rot has set in at ER. Sad stuff.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    With the players?

With the manager?

With the board?

If there is some kind of blueprint or masterplan in place I would seriously suggest that it gets torn up and started again because it is clearly not happening in any area of the club.
    Seemingly it's the fans and Hibs.net's fault for not being so forgiven and patient for watching a year where we've won what, 5 games?

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post
    I'd start by asking CC why he reckoned we didn't need whole scale changes at the club he needs to see an optician very quickly
    I am not defending CC here, but what it he to say when the board aint giving him any money to spend. Then what does that say about the board and the man they appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Seemingly it's the fans and Hibs.net's fault for not being so forgiven and patient for watching a year where we've won what, 5 games?
    I'm learning that we get the team we deserve as supporters.

Only we are truly accountable, apparently.

@hibs.net private member
    We start with the players, they're guilty of not doing their job. Cut the cancer and get the P45s dished out asap.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    With the players?yep, not performing

With the manager? again yep, still not convinced he knows his best 11

With the board? and again yep, they need to release decent funds asap

:(

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    I think bar a few we should look to release all the players in the squad and use the under 19's, few new signings and the reminaing few for the rest of the season. Clearly theres too many who aren't good enough and never will be good enough.

I don't think its Calderwood...yet at least... its those so called players on the pitch... Second best to every ball tonight...utter joke.

I would start by getting rid of Smith, Hart, Dickoh, Miller, Rankin, McBride, Nish and Riordan. Get the young guys in, spend some cash on players and at least they will have more fight than any of this lot. Disgrace of a performance tonight

Wage structures ,survival ,the bonus of players coming through our academy to bolster the funds every few years when theres a good player or 2 and thats it ,mediocrity .
    STF saved us , but did he really save us to go through all this .
    I hope Rods got a plan B, it had better be a belter or we are dooooooooooooooooooomed ...
    Last edited by cad; 18-01-2011 at 10:39 PM.

No idea where to start

More worrying is neither does Petrie

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Smith - Hopefully Brown is back for rest of season, never want to see Smith in a Hibs jersey again
    Hart - replacement required in this window
    Dickoh - keep for now
    Hanlon - play at CH
    Murray - replace with Booth at LB
    Miller - replace with Zemmama and hope we can get him up to speed
    McBride - replace with Wotherspoon
    Rankin - replacement required in this window
    Riordan - needs dropped
    Duffy - needs more games
    Nish - replacement required in this window

I reckon thats at least 3 good new signings required RB, Midfielder, Centre Forward and cross our fingers for the rest of the season

the players at our disposal just aren't good enough....period.
    a few might be worth keeping and incorporating into a better squad, but not many of them.

our club is financially solid, has a great stadium and training centre. perfect example of a great infrastructure, looks great on paper for potential buyers.

all the board would need to do if they wanted to cash in would be to put hurdles in the managers way thus orcherstrating a hate campaign from the fans and give them a reason to get out!!!

hmmmm.

aright, I'm at the ham, but i reckon something else is going on behind the scenes.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Let’s assume we have 10,000 season ticket holders
    STF needs to give them collectively a 55% holding in Hibs
    The 10000 elect a commitee
    The board, who now work for the commitee, is sacked
    The committee appoints a new chief exec., board etc
    Committee sets the club strategy and mission for chief exec and co to carry out
    Committee is relected every few years
    New season ticket holders given an equal share holding after 3 years, out of STFs remaining shares
    Eventually club will be approx 75% owned by season ticket holders
    The resonsibility is now ours!

This took 5 mins to think up. im sure some older wiser heads could come up with a more robust plan. if STF doesn’t want to give up his shares, which should be a moral obligation, we can make him an offer he cant refuse!

It's simple, we have stupid people who are running our club , how many goes does Petrie get to make the correct choice of manager ?. Unfortunately he has 10% of the shares so he is bombproof unless sir Tom decides enough is enough. Correct me if i am wrong but Petrie has reduced his take from Hibs down to something like 7K a month plus car and expenses-was he not on 10k a month before ?, not bad for running our club into the ground with his bungling, get him out now to turn our club round.

Left by mutual consent!
    Calderwood, Petrie and the players get the lot of them out or just close down the club! Absolute joke everything to do with hibs! Fans were outstanding tonight but made no difference! At least 10 on our bus that won't be back until something is done!

Quote Originally Posted by delaCalz View Post
    I would start by getting rid of Smith, Hart, Dickoh, Miller, Rankin, McBride, Nish and Riordan. Get the young guys in, spend some cash on players and at least they will have more fight than any of this lot. Disgrace of a performance tonight
    lets not get rid of Riordan, rather get rid of Thicot, Stevenson maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Let’s assume we have 10,000 season ticket holders
    STF needs to give them collectively a 55% holding in Hibs
    The 10000 elect a commitee
    The board, who now work for the commitee, is sacked
    The committee appoints a new chief exec., board etc
    Committee sets the club strategy and mission for chief exec and co to carry out
    Committee is relected every few years
    New season ticket holders given an equal share holding after 3 years, out of STFs remaining shares
    Eventually club will be approx 75% owned by season ticket holders
    The resonsibility is now ours!

This took 5 mins to think up. im sure some older wiser heads could come up with a more robust plan. if STF doesn’t want to give up his shares, which should be a moral obligation, we can make him an offer he cant refuse!
    In principal its a good idea...but Ebbsfleet have shown that it doesn't really work.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    I don't think its Calderwood...yet at least... its those so called players on the pitch... Second best to every ball tonight...utter joke.
    Calderwoods interview after the game made it look like he was quite happy with the players he had and thought they were playing well...eh??

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    Wage structures ,survival ,the bonus of players coming through our academy to bolster the funds every few years when theres a good player or 2 and thats it ,mediocrity .
    STF saved us , but did he really save us to go through all this .
    I hope Rods got a plan B, it had better be a belter or we are dooooooooooooooooooomed ...
    Ah ha! Our Saviour is from Tranent

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Ah ha! Our Saviour is from Tranent
    Neil Martin is making a comeback?

With the players?

With the manager?

With the board?

Need 2 start with players, players not playing since collins problem

@hibs.net private member Bookkeeper's Avatar
    Petrie and the board have done some great things with the infrastructure but in the process have made some terrible decisions that are now coming home to roost

-The building works should have been funded by mortgages for as long terms as possible. Not funded by the 'windfall tax' of player sales!

-Players move on, thats a fact of life at our level, but the transfer fees should for the most part have been reinvested in the scouting, coaching, management and playing staff. They weren't!

-Petrie should have backed Collins against the players. He didn't!

-The Yogi/Petrie idea to have as many contracts end at the same time so we could have a clear out of the crap was obviously not thought through as can be seen by the lack of effort of the players. Or if it was planned then a major mistake!

The Hibs are a FOOTBALL club and its obvious the board have taken their eye off the ball. Ultimately imho the board are the root cause of our problems.

Managers and players following close behind in the blame stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    lets not get rid of Riordan, rather get rid of Thicot, Stevenson maybe?

Yeah, i was thinking about Riordan. Probably worth trying to keep if we get some decent players round about him. Cant score goals if you dont get the service.

I know exactly where to start.

STF should ask Petrie to step aside. He is the wrong man to run a football club. He doesn't have a clue about appointing football managers. The next chairman can then have a look at things and decide whether CC is worth sticking with. I don't think he is.

I'd give Adams a wee run in charge, if it doesn't work out then I'd get Jimmy Calderwood in to work alongside him. There isn't a guy around with a better record in the SPL for getting the best out of mediocre players.

I know most fans wouldn't agree with my last suggestion, but we need a DEAD CERT in charge of the team now. Otherwise we WILL go down.

Come the summer, we can have fun buying a whole new team and watching that bunch of losers that played tonight fade into the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    Petrie and the board have done some great things with the infrastructure but in the process have made some terrible decisions that are now coming home to roost

-The building works should have been funded by mortgages for as long terms as possible. Not funded by the 'windfall tax' of player sales!

-Players move on, thats a fact of life at our level, but the transfer fees should for the most part have been reinvested in the scouting, coaching, management and playing staff. They weren't!

-Petrie should have backed Collins against the players. He didn't!

-The Yogi/Petrie idea to have as many contracts end at the same time so we could have a clear out of the crap was obviously not thought through as can be seen by the lack of effort of the players. Or if it was planned then a major mistake!

The Hibs are a FOOTBALL club and its obvious the board have taken their eye off the ball. Ultimately imho the board are the root cause of our problems.

Managers and players following close behind in the blame stakes.

They appointed the managers, who have all failed since Mowbray. So in my opinion they, and Petrie in particular, should take TOTAL responsibility. I don't know how they could be stupid enough to think Hughes or CC would do well. What were they thinking while they interviewed these guys? Did they honestly think they had the right personality and intelligence to do a good job?

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    They appointed the managers, who have all failed since Mowbray. So in my opinion they, and Petrie in particular, should take TOTAL responsibility. I don't know how they could be stupid enough to think Hughes or CC would do well. What were they thinking while they interviewed these guys? Did they honestly think they had the right personality and intelligence to do a good job?
    Cannae disagree with that, but surely professional players should be able to show more on the playing field than what they have done recently.. a keeper that today, could not even bounce the ball right before kicking it..couldn't get a goal kick to the half way line ffs, a midfield that was frightened to death...ah've never been so down, in 45 years, of supporting the Hibs, as the recent run...'ma heart is broken' ...

In any other business there would be a cull at the top .. The man accountable would be sacked or resign.

We lack leadership, we lack vision, we lack strategy - crucially where is the action?
    The only lasting USP for any club is the quality of the football .. What we have is totally unacceptable - and it has been so for too long. It is and will continue to drive fans away ..

Furthermore, we have no cash, more debt, no team and and underlying loss of c25% of turnover. It is a bl++dy mess!

Those responsible know it .. and more and more of the fan base realise it.

It will come home to roost next season - especially if we are relegated.

Some serious action is taken to stop the rot.

There are 13 days .. and counting down .. as this side are not going to pick up without some new players.

Will whoever is supposed to be taking this club forward please get an effing move on!