hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    what a load of bollox!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough mouvran's Avatar
    anyone who thinks calderwood should be sacked has absolutely no clue. How can you judge a manager with someone elses team, he's not even had the chance to form his own team yet and when he does that, that's when we can judge him

Quote Originally Posted by hibee81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did he not apply for the job?.
    CC did not apply for the job this time, 105 other people did apparently, but Rod spent £100k getting him up the road.

Petrie wanted Adams as No. 2 - Calderwood didn't even know him.

Calderwood won't be here in August, Adams will be in charge. Time will tell.

I'm actually beginning to think Calderwood should GTF. What has he done? Absolutely **** all is the answer and the 'style' of play at the minute does not fill me with ANY confidence that things are going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by mouvran View Post
    anyone who thinks calderwood should be sacked has absolutely no clue. How can you judge a manager with someone elses team, he's not even had the chance to form his own team yet and when he does that, that's when we can judge him
    If the manager had a clue, he would be able to make a difference - the difference that CC has made is that we are probably in a worse position now than we were with Yogi. Do people who "have a clue" think played 13 - lost 8 drawn 3 won 2 is acceptable in some way? Why does he seem incapable of stopping the slide. Why did Hamilton - with "lesser" players - put up a better fight against the league leaders?

If it really is all down to the players: why bother with a manager at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    your mum wants her tea towel back.

Moron
    Freedom of speech. Thats fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mouvran View Post
    So, he puts out a team without a proper front man (two on the bench), and we go 2-0 down after creating no chances. What does he do - yes NOTHING and waits until we are 3 down, what a football genius he is. Get shot of him before its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    If the manager had a clue, he would be able to make a difference - the difference that CC has made is that we are probably in a worse position now than we were with Yogi. Do people who "have a clue" think played 13 - lost 8 drawn 3 won 2 is acceptable in some way? Why does he seem incapable of stopping the slide. Why did Hamilton - with "lesser" players - put up a better fight against the league leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post

Maybe Hamilton don't have 16 players out of contract. With that many I think the 'night of the long knives' approach we have taken to changing culture and direction is back firing. Riordan looks disinterested, Murray is struggling, McBride is trying to make a tackle 10 yards away from the guy, Nish, Hogg Rankin are poor and are not helped by there very presence on the park resulting in boo's.

Whether Calderwood is the right man or not can only properly be judged by two transfer windows.

If there is still such a thing as the Hibernian family now is the time to rally round and 'support' the club more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The school of thought that Calderwood has inherited dross and needs two transfer windows is a persuasive one, apart from the fact that we're heading for relegation under his stewardship.

He's taken an already ailing, failing squad, and achieved the impossible of making them worse. When another side scores against us, it seems to be pretty much game over.

Calderwood has given us nothing so far.

Getting rid of him will be another costly mistake. Keeping him will probably be an even more costly disaster.

If people are protesting against him, they are doing it for a reason. He's just not very good, on the evidence we've seen here.

Post of the day . Weve sadly descended into a damned if we do damned if we dont. Its a sorry state that people are calling for his head but there is no improvement. It isn't his team and that isn't Calderwoods fault but hes not getting any more from them and can we afford the gamble of hanging on. Time will tell.

People are entitled to their opinions especially those in attendance and the facts speak for themselves . Calderwood has yet to make an improvement or at least find a settled team . His players or not

Harsh times

Harsh times

i agree with the guy, whether on his pillow case, tea towel....shame it wasnt big enough that petrie could see it.

CC is a manager - manage. dont blame the people around u...although we can see he has bad players...get on with it....he doesnt have it simple....

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    lol yes the tea towel guy goes everyweek but he really should have left that 1 in the house it was a disgrace to banners i woulda been buckled if i was in tim end lol we wont go down this year hamilton are just too bad :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    CC did not apply for the job this time, 105 other people did apparently, but Rod spent £100k getting him up the road.

Petrie wanted Adams as No. 2 - Calderwood didn't even know him.

Calderwood won't be here in August, Adams will be in charge. Time will tell.
    I'm not sure that's the case, Cropley - i'm sure we went back in once Newcastle dropped their compensation demands.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I would like the people who say calderwood needs two windows to prove he is a good manager if they would trust calderwood to keep us up with the players we have at the club right now because that's pretty much what he is going to do as we won't sign many players two or three at the most and of those who sign there is no guarantee that they will stay fit or be any good so he is going to have to do something that he has so far failed to do and get something from the players already there .

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    I think it is unfair on CC - it's not his fault Petrie was stupid enough to appoint him. If we are going to hold up a banner it should be again Petrie for all his useless appointments.
    I have to agree and and I would also add that it wasn't CC that sold our best assets and left us in the mess we now fins ourselves in.

But having said that CC actions today when the game was clearly running away from us reminded me of Mixu actions. clueless

Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    I have to agree and and I would also add that it wasn't CC that sold our best assets and left us in the mess we now fins ourselves in.

But having said that CC actions today when the game was clearly running away from us reminded me of Mixu actions. clueless
    Has Mixu not proved this season that he is not clueless? The consistent is the pathetic excuse both managers had to put up with for a squad. Mixu admittedly did not help himself with some poor transfer acquisitions, at least that can't be levied at Calderwood (at least not yet).

@hibs.net private member
    Petrie won't get rid of him but what has he actually done since he came to the club. He does not inspire me . He does appear in interviews as rather dull. The way he sets the team up seems like he is clueless. He took Murray and zouma of last week yet they were both starting today. Has he actually played the same team twice. I would not bat an eyelid if he left

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Surely he can see its not the manager, its the vagabonds he has to choose from to play have a modicum of blame to accept.
    granted the players, ALL OF THEM have a great deal of blame to shoulder but I don't buy that CC gets of the hook cos he's only been there 3 months. He's done nothing, nothing to improve our situation. Normally when a new manager comes in a team gets better even tho it might be only short term. We've seen nothing from CC to suggest he's got what it takes and maybe the train of though that suggests we cut our losses might just be correct.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Has Mixu not proved this season that he is not clueless? The consistent is the pathetic excuse both managers had to put up with for a squad. Mixu admittedly did not help himself with some poor transfer acquisitions, at least that can't be levied at Calderwood (at least not yet).
    Mixu transfers were not his only failings as you seemed to suggest- his tactics and his ability to change things when games were running away from us and his lack of using substitute’s period were part of his downfall.

When the transfer window closes and Mixu finds that his best players have all been sold starting with Connor Salmon then we’ll see what Mixu’s fortune change.

Killie were a decent team before Mixu took over.

It’s easy to look good when you inherit a team that can play football

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    Mixu transfers were not his only failings as you seemed to suggest- his tactics and his ability to change things when games were running away from us and his lack of using substitute’s period were part of his downfall.

When the transfer window closes and Mixu finds that his best players have all been sold starting with Connor Salmon then we’ll see what Mixu’s fortune change.

Killie were a decent team before Mixu took over.

It’s easy to look good when you inherit a team that can play football
    Letting Mixu go so early will stand as our biggest managerial error of recent years.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    Deary ****ing me! Some of the halfwits that must go to our games these days clearly don't have a clue! Let's get rid of our manager after less than 3 months? **** off!
    Yep incredible, either a complete halfwit or a yam.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by sven nil View Post
    Thats a clever answer and your calling him juvenile!!!!

I have every respect for the man there he was paid his cash supported his team all his days and he has seen enough of cc to have opinion,whats wrong with that

And for what its worth I think he should go also! give Derrick Adams control .
    Yes he may have paid his cash to watch us play, and so may the others who decide to boo the team after the game, but i also pay my money and don't pay that money to sit there listening to morons who make stupid comments like "Calderwood Must Go" when he has been given no time to get his own players in.

Id rather have Kaye Adams as manager than Derek Adams

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    if calderwood is hounded out the club before he's set about building a team i wont be back ever again.

The guy with the tea towel, yeh he pays his cash goes every week he can do as he wishes but theres a whole first team squad that should go before the manager they are terrible the lot of them

Anybody, at this stage, publicly advocating the sacking of Calderwood and anyone agreeing with this don't have a ******ing clue. As far as I am concerned the blame lies elsewhere for this mess, starting with the miserly chartered accountants running our football club. They better get ready to back the manager they appointed with cash to make his own signings otherwise 2011/12 will be another one of those "great adventures" but one that might not see us involved in a quickfire return to Scotlands top league.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle View Post
    Anybody, at this stage, publicly advocating the sacking of Calderwood and anyone agreeing with this don't have a ******ing clue. As far as I am concerned the blame lies elsewhere for this mess, starting with the miserly chartered accountants running our football club. They better get ready to back the manager they appointed with cash to make his own signings otherwise 2011/12 will be another one of those "great adventures" but one that might not see us involved in a quickfire return to Scotlands top league.
    Sad thing is the numpty was probably up all night making the "banner"

Left by mutual consent!
    The crucial thing for me though...Was the spelling correct?

Oh and Calderwood should be given time

The tea party can GTF

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The school of thought that Calderwood has inherited dross and needs two transfer windows is a persuasive one, apart from the fact that we're heading for relegation under his stewardship.

He's taken an already ailing, failing squad, and achieved the impossible of making them worse. When another side scores against us, it seems to be pretty much game over.

Calderwood has given us nothing so far.

Getting rid of him will be another costly mistake. Keeping him will probably be an even more costly disaster.

If people are protesting against him, they are doing it for a reason. He's just not very good, on the evidence we've seen here.

100% correct, he has no clue what he is doing. The work rate of the team and defending today was that of an under 10's side, it was brutal. The amount of time the Celtic midfield had on the ball was unreal, we are 100% going down, and from the 1st division games I have seen, we wont be coming up quickly!

i think we should wait and see who we bring in and give him time to turn things around. If we havent started making progress after the window closes then he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Regardless of whether he goes week in week out its still a moronic thing to do.
    Correct, whilst he is entitled to his opinion that doesn't make him right, I however am not too convinced about CC at this point in time but am of the opinion he needs more time to let us see what he can/cant do.