This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    your mum wants her tea towel back.

Moron
    Agreed - juvenile fat idiot!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybee View Post
    Agreed - juvenile fat idiot!
    Thats a clever answer and your calling him juvenile!!!!

I have every respect for the man there he was paid his cash supported his team all his days and he has seen enough of cc to have opinion,whats wrong with that

And for what its worth I think he should go also! give Derrick Adams control .

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The guy with the banner goes week in, week out and is entitled to his opinion. I also happen to agree with him.

i though he was just blowing his nose until the commentator said otherwise ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by sven nil View Post

I have every respect for the man there he was paid his cash supported his team all his days and he has seen enough of cc to have opinion,whats wrong with that

Surely he can see its not the manager, its the vagabonds he has to choose from to play have a modicum of blame to accept.

Pity the cameras didn't zoom in on the Petrie banner, couldn't quite make out what it said, something on the lines of "quit"...fat chance and we should be so lucky

@hibs.net private member scott_hfc1875's Avatar
    personally think people need to get a grip, as usual the site is full of overreactions , it doesnt matter who is in charge of that team the players are useless and need to be cleared out

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    The guy with the banner goes week in, week out and is entitled to his opinion. I also happen to agree with him.
    Regardless of whether he goes week in week out its still a moronic thing to do.

I think it is unfair on CC - it's not his fault Petrie was stupid enough to appoint him. If we are going to hold up a banner it should be again Petrie for all his useless appointments.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    your mum wants her tea towel back.

Moron

Should have said Petrie must go on it. !

I'd rather have Adams in control - he seems like a young manager with a bit of drive and ability. The main problem would be inexperience, but he must have picked up a few ideas on how NOT to manage a team under CC. If he could get us playing with the cup tie spirit that Ross County had last season then we would climb the table (and maybe stay in the Cup beyond Ayr).

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Pity the cameras didn't zoom in on the Petrie banner, couldn't quite make out what it said, something on the lines of "quit"...fat chance and we should be so lucky
    The one at the bottom of the east said 'Petrie, splash cash or quit'.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Deary ****ing me! Some of the halfwits that must go to our games these days clearly don't have a clue! Let's get rid of our manager after less than 3 months? **** off!

The school of thought that Calderwood has inherited dross and needs two transfer windows is a persuasive one, apart from the fact that we're heading for relegation under his stewardship.

He's taken an already ailing, failing squad, and achieved the impossible of making them worse. When another side scores against us, it seems to be pretty much game over.

Calderwood has given us nothing so far.

Getting rid of him will be another costly mistake. Keeping him will probably be an even more costly disaster.

If people are protesting against him, they are doing it for a reason. He's just not very good, on the evidence we've seen here.

The players/squad may not be CC's as he still has to make his own signings but to be honest I am not inspired by him what so ever as he clearly doesn't know who his best 11 are or what the best system is for this current crop of Hibs players.

Grandpa Brown went to the Sheep in the same situation as CC join Hibs but he has managed to sort them out in no time... So there is no excuses about time etc...

Apart from Brown's kicking, both Hanlon and Mark Brown were the only positives from the starting 11.

The defence is appalling...half of them play for offside (Hanlon/Stevenson) whilst the other half don't (Thicot, Dickoh).

Hanlon was outstanding today.. and I can see him as a future Hibs captain.

I also agree CC is not the man for the Hibs job and believe Derek Adams has been brought in as the long term replacement... I don't see CC staying for too long...

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar

Yes maybe a bit strong but really - does he or you really think that anyone else could organise that lot. If they really can't grasp the absolute fundamentals of football; how to stop a ball, how to pass 10 yards, how to look around at what's going on around them, how to stay with an opponent etc. etc. etc. what chance does any manager have?

The garbage on the pitch - & that's almost everyone one of them is not going to change by changing the manager.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_hfc1875 View Post
    personally think people need to get a grip, as usual the site is full of overreactions , it doesnt matter who is in charge of that team the players are useless and need to be cleared out

IMO the guy with the tea towel banner made a sh*t gesture with an even sh*tter banner.

Anyone who can't see that our problems stem from woefully poor playing staff has their head in the sand.

We've lost faith in the new manager before he's had a chance to put his own stamp on the team.

What are we all about.

I'm still proud to be a hibby but ashamed to have to share my affinity with some of the plebs in the home end at ER these days.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The school of thought that Calderwood has inherited dross and needs two transfer windows is a persuasive one, apart from the fact that we're heading for relegation under his stewardship.

He's taken an already ailing, failing squad, and achieved the impossible of making them worse. When another side scores against us, it seems to be pretty much game over.

Calderwood has given us nothing so far.

Getting rid of him will be another costly mistake. Keeping him will probably be an even more costly disaster.

If people are protesting against him, they are doing it for a reason. He's just not very good, on the evidence we've seen here.
    Correct, no doubt there are a majority of players whom are simply not fit to wear shirt, that will not help but he I fear has played his part in the zero change with anything since his arrival.

Coaching Staff
    I would be sacrifycing one of the directors salaries and getting in a Director of Football (one of the few good ideas Hughes had which was knocked back).

Our signings have been terrible, the squad and the contracts situation is embarrassing also. We are now playing players such as McBride and Nish who have pretty much been told they are surplus to requirements.......hardly any wonder that their desire is not there.

Someone mentioned wee Pat Nevin in that role. A perfect appointment for me. Articulate, passionate, intelligent and a great go between for manager, players and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    Deary ****ing me! Some of the halfwits that must go to our games these days clearly don't have a clue! Let's get rid of our manager after less than 3 months? **** off!

Halfwits? - Played 13 - lost 8 drawn 3 won 2 - perhaps only a "halfwit" would think we are heading in the right direction, if you ask me. I personally wonder at people who claim to have absolute faith in Calderwood...based on what exactly?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybee View Post
    Yes maybe a bit strong but really - does he or you really think that anyone else could organise that lot. If they really can't grasp the absolute fundamentals of football; how to stop a ball, how to pass 10 yards, how to look around at what's going on around them, how to stay with an opponent etc. etc. etc. what chance does any manager have?

The garbage on the pitch - & that's almost everyone one of them is not going to change by changing the manager.
    Some of our play today was from the primary school playground with several players chasing the same ball.
    Is there actually a level below that?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post

IMO the guy with the tea towel banner made a sh*t gesture with an even sh*tter banner.

Anyone who can't see that our problems stem from woefully poor playing staff has their head in the sand.

We've lost faith in the new manager before he's had a chance to put his own stamp on the team.

What are we all about.

I'm still proud to be a hibby but ashamed to have to share my affinity with some of the plebs in the home end at ER these days.
    I would be more ashamed of the players we share affinty with, I think everyone knows that the players are at fault however I dont see anything from CC that is all, I dont expect 10 wins in a row I did expext a difference not to get worse.

A banner with CC on it is unfair as any banner I would make would take up most stand with all the players names that should be going, I would have CC on it also along with Petrie.

i thought we had something good under Collins after Mowbray..... That fizzled out pretty quick... Mixu, Yogi familliar pattern is showing ...Now CC

What direction are we going in I want CC to succed likewise with yogi but i dont see any improvement under CC that was Different to yogi

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Halfwits? - Played 13 - lost 8 drawn 3 won 2 - perhaps only a "halfwit" would think we are heading in the right direction, if you ask me. I personally wonder at people who claim to have absolute faith in Calderwood...based on what exactly?
    Dont think anyone has absolute faith in Calderwood - but this team was in freefall long before CC came in and we have to give him the transfer window at the very least to see if he can turn things around.

Do I honestly think he will - probably not, but to sack him now without giving him a chance at trying to change the personnel would be scandalous. Taking a stupid wee banner along asking for his head is imo the work of halfwits.

Yet another brilliant Petrie appointment.

We can say its not his team til we're blue in the face..we have got a lot worse since he took over and don't look like scoring or keeping a clean sheet in the SPL. The selection of De Graaf today is a hanging offence as far as I'm concerned..he has been consistantly dire, games just pass him by. He compounds that by playing Zommer and Deek up front, ergo the ball does not stick and we continually give away possesion. Then no changes whatsoever at half time handed the iniative to Celtic. Pretty poor stuff afaic. He does not look like he has any ideas how to arrest the slide.

I at least hoped we'd maybe get fitter and more organised under Calderwood but we still look a shambles. 35 mins into the game today and a good few of our players were breathing out their *****.

I didn't expect much when he came in but he's failing to even live up to those low expectations.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Would not say i feel sorry for CC as the bad times are part of football management. Far too early to think about wanting him punted but what for me is worrying is that is that IMO the performances are worse since he came in. Today was just awful. No question that we need quality, but under his tenure, we have seen a poor team become a dismal team and I can't believe that he doesn't think himself that he should be doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Dont think anyone has absolute faith in Calderwood - but this team was in freefall long before CC came in and we have to give him the transfer window at the very least to see if he can turn things around.

Do I honestly think he will - probably not, but to sack him now without giving him a chance at trying to change the personnel would be scandalous. Taking a stupid wee banner along asking for his head is imo the work of halfwits.
    So if we get relegated, the guy can come back with his banner and say "Told you so!" - should we really wait that long?

IMO if we lose to Ayr on Tuesday Calderwood's deserves to go.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    I think it is unfair on CC - it's not his fault Petrie was stupid enough to appoint him. If we are going to hold up a banner it should be again Petrie for all his useless appointments.
    did he not apply for the job?, or at least showed an interest so yes it is his fault he picks the team, and has the final say on who steps onto the park so all in all if the players he has available are not good enough try and blood some of the young lads with the heart and desire to try and prove a point, I for one am tired of all this its nots cc fault, is this not the same team that went to ibrox and ripped them apart. i beleive it is. In my opinion i believe cc has tried but altimately failed as he has not installed the confidence or belief in the players whether there crap or not, i think the time is right for a change dont ask me who but something needs to be done before its to late.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Would not say i feel sorry for CC as the bad times are part of football management. Far too early to think about wanting him punted but what for me is worrying is that is that IMO the performances are worse since he came in. Today was just awful. No question that we need quality, but under his tenure, we have seen a poor team become a dismal team and I can't believe that he doesn't think himself that he should be doing better.
    Perhaps he's lost all hope with them, a bit like the fans.
    I know as a manger it's his job to get more out of them, but by god they are shower of pish.
    Just looking at CC during games makes me think he wishes he'd never have came to ER. Can't blame him.

Look at the defending, Dickoh for 1st goal wandering to RB position, if he'd stayed central and let Thicot try close stokes down, he'd probably have been able to help out hanlon in the middle.
    Stevenson for both pen and 3rd goal (though 1 man on post is a joke).

Point is the team are so so bad that there's little he can do to cut out their mistakes. You can't coach basic **** defending.
    Why he picks de graff though i'll never know. How that guys has had a career in football is frightening.

We need a full clear out, we're early in that process but I hope we'll see neccessary changes over the next year. We somehow need to avoid relegation though, god knows how !