hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I hope it is a wake up call......This Season is not acceptable for a Club like Hibernian, and far too many players not playing for the jersey.......

I am also hearing of a bust up Today between player and manager, so this sorry season just keeps getting better and better.....

I hope Petrie, Linsay, Highland et al, have as many sleepness nights as I am getting, but I seriously doubt it..... Every board member should be scared at this moment in time.....
    Last season was not acceptable either, what is an acceptable season now at easter road?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Last season was not acceptable either, what is an acceptable season now at easter road?
    Football is a spectator sport & therefore people expect to be entertained, so lets start there!

Why always be a smart erse?

If you thought last season was acceptable then you must be married to John Hughes !.

Why always be a smart erse?
    Why am i being a smart arse? We rarely qualify for europe through our league position
    Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    If you thought last season was acceptable then you must be married to John Hughes !.
    What is acceptable now at easter road? What is a successful season these days?

Why am i being a smart arse? We rarely qualify for europe through our league position

What is acceptable now at easter road? What is a successful season these days?

Sorry I am being touchy tonight.....

We got 4th spot after a fashion. I expect top 6 every season at least, Europe every two years, and good Scottish Cup runs...... I thought we were poor last Season, this Season we are worse by ten.... Funny old game.....

Sorry I am being touchy tonight.....

We got 4th spot after a fashion. I expect top 6 every season at least, Europe every two years, and good Scottish Cup runs...... I thought we were poor last Season, this Season we are worse by ten.... Funny old game.....
    No problem. Top 6 with Mixu was not good enough, 4th with Yogi was not either. When we get those finishes, we are still not happy, and create undue pressure on the club. I expect a european fight every season, and cup runs depending on draws. Where i disagree about last season was being poor, from august to february, IMO we were fine, but have been poor since. CC if he had anything about him, should have made a difference, look at Aberdeen. Yogi was the devil, his team selections, interviews, tactics training, everything he did was wrong. All we needed was someone who knew what they were doing.

No problem. Top 6 with Mixu was not good enough, 4th with Yogi was not either. When we get those finishes, we are still not happy, and create undue pressure on the club. I expect a european fight every season, and cup runs depending on draws. Where i disagree about last season was being poor, from august to february, IMO we were fine, but have been poor since. CC if he had anything about him, should have made a difference, look at Aberdeen. Yogi was the devil, his team selections, interviews, tactics training, everything he did was wrong. All we needed was someone who knew what they were doing.
    The scores were fine Aug to Feb last year, but they weren't matched by the performances, which was stated by many at the time. The fact that the same players went into freefall during 2010, would give credence to that observation.

I don't want to start CC bashing just yet, but he makes to many wholesale changes from game to game, and does not appear to know his preferred starting 11, however every single player needs to ask themself if they think they are trying 100% during each game. I think there is a fundamental flaw with regards to players attitudes, and I think we have became worse as each week passes...Do the players have enough to turn it around?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    Football is a spectator sport & therefore people expect to be entertained, so lets start there!
    This has been severely lacking.

Players the fans can relate to.

Players that get us off the seats.

Players that try and look bothered.

A manager who tries to get us playing good football - not just hoofball which becomes so predictable.

The entertainment is really missing at ER - many supporters go and come away very angry and hurt.

Not expecting an unbeaten side - just more wins than 2 since Nov

The scores were fine Aug to Feb last year, but they weren't matched by the performances, which was stated by many at the time. The fact that the same players went into freefall during 2010, would give credence to that observation.
    Here we go again. Which games are you on about? And are we the only sides in the world who might win a game against the run of play?

Here we go again. Which games are you on about? And are we the only sides in the world who might win a game against the run of play?
    If you care to analyse what has happened since then it is pretty obvious that spell merely papered over the cracks. Rather than push us on to greater and better things, we have ended up where we are now, what may I ask is so funny about that?

Left by mutual consent!
    Big downer coming on here nowadays. Doesn't help either reading posts from pedantic smart-*****!

I will say this about the attendance though. Too much is being made about how low today's gate was. If you take the time to look at today's fixtures you'll see it wasn't just Hibs but nationwide. Clutching at straws for positives I know but take a look.

If you care to analyse what has happened since then it is pretty obvious that spell merely papered over the cracks. Rather than push us on to greater and better things, we have ended up where we are now, what may I ask is so funny about that?
    Since the middle of february, we have been dire. No argument there. From the beginning of august last season, to the middle of february, we deserved to be where we were. Apart from one or two games, we won them all fair and square. I'd bet other clubs won games they perhaps did not deserve to, but it all evens itself out as they say.

Since the middle of february, we have been dire. No argument there. From the beginning of august last season, to the middle of february, we deserved to be where we were. Apart from one or two games, we won them all fair and square. I'd bet other clubs won games they perhaps did not deserve to, but it all evens itself out as they say.
    So if we were as good as you say we were, how did the same team end up so poor?

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    i agree ray.

We lost a couple at xmas time but picked up a few wins/draws till end of jan. In february we went into free fall. we only won 3 games from then untill the end of season.
    just because we finished 4th doesn't really paint the picture,it just hides the fact we started the season off to a flyer.

Sadly we have not recoverd..

Where did i say we were that good? I said we were good value for our wins when we won? As for whats gone wrong, players sold, injuries, poor form. They are all causes imo.

overall the club has proved over the last few years it doesn't care about or indeed know how to improve matters on the pitch. id rather have the old east and no training facility to have sauzee, latapy et al back in the team...sad days indeed, we didnt need training academy or a new east when we won trophies..

Coaching Staff
    Zemmama got injured as did mcbride. Bamba went away for a month and came back a nightmare. The East Stand got ripped out. Stack got injured. The pitches were a nightmare, ours was the worst. The squad didn't have players to cope with it.

All that led to a loss of form and confidence.

This year we got the European games badly wrong. We started brilliantly against Motherwell, played okay against Rangers and were shocking at st mirren on transfer deadline weekend. We then sold our main striker and his replacement was injured.

Fans force a change and here we are. The poor home draws we got early season have given way to never looking like beating a second division team.

You can swap all that for Hughes signings, tactics, formations, interviews and being either a bully or too friendly with players if you like but l'm not really buying that. Calderwood hasn't really sorted all the easy stuff that was meant to be wrong and the focus has now moved to the squad being the worst ever which wasn't the charge when Hughes was actually here. Stuff about it just becoming apparent now are nonsense.

I'd love someone to tell me even a little thing that's been achieved by changing manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Zemmama got injured as did mcbride. Bamba went away for a month and came back a nightmare. The East Stand got ripped out. Stack got injured. The pitches were a nightmare, ours was the worst. The squad didn't have players to cope with it.

All that led to a loss of form and confidence.

This year we got the European games badly wrong. We started brilliantly against Motherwell, played okay against Rangers and were shocking at st mirren on transfer deadline weekend. We then sold our main striker and his replacement was injured.

Fans force a change and here we are. The poor home draws we got early season have given way to never looking like beating a second division team.

You can swap all that for Hughes signings, tactics, formations, interviews and being either a bully or too friendly with players if you like but l'm not really buying that. Calderwood hasn't really sorted all the easy stuff that was meant to be wrong and the focus has now moved to the squad being the worst ever which wasn't the charge when Hughes was actually here. Stuff about it just becoming apparent now are nonsense.

I'd love someone to tell me even a little thing that's been achieved by changing manager?
    I keep on hearing 'what's been achieved?'. You think we should have stuck with Hughes? Calderwood hasn't created a good impression but that's not an argument for keeping Hughes.

Testimonial Due
    When are we as fans going to take responsibility for what is happening at the club?

We are happy to blame one manager then another, then the players, then the board and the owner, and then all of them at the same time.

When are we going to take some responsibility for our fickleness? The team is not doing well so some fans turn there back on them, don’t bother with going to games, happy to see our crowds drop, constant booing, hammering of our own players.

Our expectations and demands have cost decent managers their jobs, our ability to just stop supporting our team by not attending has prompted our chairman to jump in an empty them at every time of asking.

Why should players/managers care when so many fans don’t, why should the players/manager turn up when the fans don’t, why should the players/manager show loyalty when the fans don’t.

I am under no illusion here, we are a fickle bunch (perhaps all football fans are, I don’t know I have only ever supported one team), increased crowds when we are winning, pack out hampden for the big days, but when we are down so many of us are away.

I appreciate I will take a verbal beating for this, but quite frankly I do not give a &&&&, at times as a support we are embarrassing and it is about time we realised that we have had a role to play in where our club currently is – would we be better off if we had kept Mixu or Yogi, would we have a team based on what one manager wanted to do, rather than a series of individual buys being scrapped together to try and find a team?

I guess we will never know, and whilst I acknowledge we are nowhere close to blame for everything there is no doubt in my mind that we are a part of it.
    Last edited by Albion Hibs; 08-01-2011 at 10:14 PM.

First Team Breakthrough scotty1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    overall the club has proved over the last few years it doesn't care about or indeed know how to improve matters on the pitch. id rather have the old east and no training facility to have sauzee, latapy et al back in the team...sad days indeed, we didnt need training academy or a new east
    Spot on.

A beautiful stadium that is heading to be only a quarter full - but the board anticipate income from European / Scotland matches - aye right.

I'm struggling to remember a more talentless (Riordan & Zouma excepted) and unfit squad - who's the sprint coach at East Mains - Jarkko Wiss?
    Last edited by scotty1875; 08-01-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Big downer coming on here nowadays. Doesn't help either reading posts from pedantic smart-*****!

I will say this about the attendance though. Too much is being made about how low today's gate was. If you take the time to look at today's fixtures you'll see it wasn't just Hibs but nationwide. Clutching at straws for positives I know but take a look.
    john its depressing as **** following hibs, dont tell me it isn't, you dont expect the fans to be happy do you ?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    An attendance of under 7,000 for a home time in a new Scottish Cup quest.

A crowd which is believed to have included over 1,000 visiting fans.

A crowd which had reduced prices to enhance the crowd figure.

message firmly delivered to the board SORT IT AND SORT IT FAST.
    Hiya D.
    Great thread. Well done. Those plums over on kickback that you love 'baiting' so much will find this right up their dirty wee street, especially with you delivering it so 'firmly' and all.
    You must be so proud but hopefully our paltry wee 5000-odd can look forward to seeing you and all of these other atrocitised (and suddenly skint) Hibbys soon.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    When are we as fans going to take responsibility for what is happening at the club?

We are happy to blame one manager then another, then the players, then the board and the owner, and then all of them at the same time.

When are we going to take some responsibility for our fickleness? The team is not doing well so some fans turn there back on them, don’t bother with going to games, happy to see our crowds drop, constant booing, hammering of our own players.

Our expectations and demands have cost decent managers their jobs, our ability to just stop supporting our team by not attending has prompted our chairman to jump in an empty them at every time of asking.

Why should players/managers care when so many fans don’t, why should the players/manager turn up when the fans don’t, why should the players/manager show loyalty when the fans don’t.

I am under no illusion here, we are a fickle bunch (perhaps all football fans are, I don’t know I have only ever supported one team), increased crowds when we are winning, pack out hampden for the big days, but when we are down so many of us are away.

I appreciate I will take a verbal beating for this, but quite frankly I do not give a &&&&, at times as a support we are embarrassing and it is about time we realised that we have had a role to play in where our club currently is – would we be better off if we had kept Mixu or Yogi, would we have a team based on what one manager wanted to do, rather than a series of individual buys being scrapped together to try and find a team?

I guess we will never know, and whilst I acknowledge we are nowhere close to blame for everything there is no doubt in my mind that we are a part of it.
    the fans can only do so much, but i agree in general with what your saying

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post

Are we really that different from other fans?

The OF are down about 10k each for home games, the Arabs post 3rd and SC win are down 10%. The Sheep fans are doing similar to us ..

@hibs.net private member
    People are definately voting with their feet now and IMO its because of the lack of transfer activity. People on here have said they dont want to rush into things, but CC should have been looking at a lot of people to bring in as soon as the window opens. Delaying bringing in players could be the reason we get relegated. Teams in recent year have been relegated after being 2 or 3 points adrift, if that happens to Hibs I bet everyone would wish we got active in the transfer window a bit quicker.

Hibs are at the moment, we all know that, but today saw a bad performance by Hibs current standards which can only make things worse for the board if they want fans to start returning to ER.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Are we really that different from other fans?

The OF are down about 10k each for home games, the Arabs post 3rd and SC win are down 10%. The Sheep fans are doing similar to us ..
    As I say mate really dont know how other teams and fans react. I do remember watching fulham V man city the other week and at something like 4 nil down, not a Fulham fan in the house was leaving there seat. Imagine the same scenario at ER, what do you think our fans would be doing?

If DUFC are down 10% i think we are more like 50% if one of the other posts of circa 6,500 at todays game is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    An attendance of under 7,000 for a home time in a new Scottish Cup quest.

A crowd which is believed to have included over 1,000 visiting fans.

A crowd which had reduced prices to enhance the crowd figure.

message firmly delivered to the board SORT IT AND SORT IT FAST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Hiya D.
    Great thread. Well done. Those plums over on kickback that you love 'baiting' so much will find this right up their dirty wee street, especially with you delivering it so 'firmly' and all.
    You must be so proud but hopefully our paltry wee 5000-odd can look forward to seeing you and all of these other atrocitised (and suddenly skint) Hibbys soon.
    I think the Yams are laughing regardless of posts on here ..

Is the bit in bold a real word? What does it mean?

Left by mutual consent!
    I've gave up over the there, it's like taking on a machine gun with a pea shooter. I may venture down to me prepaid seat for the Celtic game but maybe not, sometimes it's not worth the self-inflicted near cardiac arrest when some of those on the park aren't worth getting out your bed for.