hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail

Left by mutual consent!

Royal Mail

Just wondering if anyone knows if they are back to normal now? got a few things ordered and fearing im not goin to receive them in time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by just_joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wondering if anyone knows if they are back to normal now? got a few things ordered and fearing im not goin to receive them in time.
    last year i ordered a ps3 and i nver got it so i phoned up and the said some signed for it.....

ended up the postman singed for it

Left by mutual consent!
    really? thats terrible m8 im guessing he "got the sack"? lol

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    last year i ordered a ps3 and i nver got it so i phoned up and the said some signed for it.....

Was he fired?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Was it addressed to Carol?

Quote Originally Posted by just_joe View Post
    really? thats terrible m8 im guessing he "got the sack"? lol
    yes he got the sack

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Was he fired?
    yes he was fired
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Was it addressed to Carol?
    no

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    yes he got the sack

yes he was fired

no
    Whoosh?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The power of Hibs.net never ceases to amaze me. I was about to reply to this thread when the door bell rang. It was the postie with my mail.

Only problem is that now the mail is back to normal, I'll have to write and send Xmas cards, Petrie!!!!!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Not Royal Mail, but I ordered an ipod from the Apple Online Store on 26th Nov to be delivered to my work by TNT. Still hasn't showed up, sent an email complaining to Apple and they've replied that once it arrives they will send me a "goodwill gesture".

Wonder what that will be?

@hibs.net private member
    I am starting to worry about my sons main christmas pressie. Its like gold dust to find and mine was posted 2 weeks ago.

Last year I had loads of parcels go missing then turn up at the a same time as their replacements at the end of Jan!

If its not here mid week I will phone and chase it up but I think we have the worst mail service in the country - things are always going missing. I cant believe I got no mail today, the roads and paths are clear and I have only had 2 deliveries in a fortnight so there must be some for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    I am starting to worry about my sons main christmas pressie. Its like gold dust to find and mine was posted 2 weeks ago.

Last year I had loads of parcels go missing then turn up at the a same time as their replacements at the end of Jan!

If its not here mid week I will phone and chase it up but I think we have the worst mail service in the country - things are always going missing. I cant believe I got no mail today, the roads and paths are clear and I have only had 2 deliveries in a fortnight so there must be some for me!
    I am getting a wee bit concerned about the same thing here. Hoping it arrives early next week or I will be starting to work on excuses.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I am getting a wee bit concerned about the same thing here. Hoping it arrives early next week or I will be starting to work on excuses.
    I know and I cant afford to buy a replacement even if I do find another one. Its a bit of a worry.

Still waiting on 7 items coming from Amazon, play & Ebay from earliest date 23rd Novermber and still waiting on every item to be delivered...squeeky bum time if they not here by monday.

I heard somewhere you can go 2 your sorting office to find out if there any parcels waiting to be delivered, anyone heard this?

I got a thing sent to me - by Royal Mail - from Scotland and it took all of 2/3 working days, so I'd be a tad concerned if I'd been waiting on stuff for a 2 weeks or more, even allowing for the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    Still waiting on 7 items coming from Amazon, play & Ebay from earliest date 23rd Novermber and still waiting on every item to be delivered...squeeky bum time if they not here by monday.

I heard somewhere you can go 2 your sorting office to find out if there any parcels waiting to be delivered, anyone heard this?

phone up your office that deals with your area 1st & ask if your postie can put any letters & packets aside for you & you'll collect them later on that day or week.it'll be quicker that just going in & getting the guy to look for them

Left by mutual consent!
    im in the same boat as you all concerning awaiting parcels! 2 weeks ive waited too. if I don't receive them it could basically ruin christmas for a certain couple of loved ones in my life. lol. I knew I should have just went to the fort!

Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post

My item that was dispached on 23rd Nov finally arrived on Friday there (10th Dec) that a hole 17 days to come from the Glenrothes depot to Rosyth (22 miles), makes me worry for my other items

Be heading to sorting office 2morrow to see if there any there I can collect if possible

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    there is still a huge backlog of mostly packets/parcels.hardly anything moved via road ,air trains etc for at least a week and with apparently more snow this week i would seriously think twice about online christmas presents.
    on Saturday there was still thousands of yorks of scottish bound backlogged mail in England,so if youve got to send parcels etc make sure its special delivery as there is a high chance regular parcels wont be cleared for the 24th.

Gamer IDs

there are obviously overtime squads trying to make inroads into the packets once/if they arrive in each delivery office, the last 2 sundays have had overtime shifts in abundance but its dependant on parcels reaching each office in time.
    RE going to your office to check,i would definatly phone first to see if thats viable.

Gamer IDs

really ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    really ?
    eh yeah. Its frosty tonight but the roads and pavements are well gritted.

Gamer IDs

eh yeah. Its frosty tonight but the roads and pavements are well gritted.
    eh no offence meant
    in Central Edinburgh a lot of side roads/pavements are still shocking and treacherous to to take a van into despite a two day thaw, most of the on foot guys have been trying to do each area on alternate days despite walking on ice for most of their route(law suit waitng to happen). its the volume of mail that didnt move during the worst of the weather thats causing the problem.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    eh no offence meant
    in Central Edinburgh a lot of side roads/pavements are still shocking and treacherous to to take a van into despite a two day thaw, most of the on foot guys have been trying to do each area on alternate days despite walking on ice for most of their route(law suit waitng to happen). its the volume of mail that didnt move during the worst of the weather thats causing the problem.
    I am not in Edinburgh although I wouldn't imagine West Lothian is much different. I have had to walk deliveries in just over 2 weeks. I can walk half a dozen kids to school safely now so a walk postie can deliver surely? I have had courier deliveries but no Royal Mail.

I ordered a few bits and pieces online for various people Christmas presents and nearly 3 weeks later i don't have them.

I phoned the company i ordered from, who use their own delivery servces not Royal mail, and asked what happened if i didn't receive the goods by say the 22nd and had to go out and buy them again, could i return them? The charming and oh so polite lady on the phone informed me that i had 14 days to return from date of purchase, when i pointed out that it was now 19 days since date of purchase and i still hadn't even received the goods she told me that it was 'company policy' and that the weather 'wasnae their fault' before hanging up on me. Needless to say i was abit annoyed and also a bit confused, surely any returns policy should be from receipt of the goods as opposed to date of purchase?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I ordered a few bits and pieces online for various people Christmas presents and nearly 3 weeks later i don't have them.

I phoned the company i ordered from, who use their own delivery servces not Royal mail, and asked what happened if i didn't receive the goods by say the 22nd and had to go out and buy them again, could i return them? The charming and oh so polite lady on the phone informed me that i had 14 days to return from date of purchase, when i pointed out that it was now 19 days since date of purchase and i still hadn't even received the goods she told me that it was 'company policy' and that the weather 'wasnae their fault' before hanging up on me. Needless to say i was abit annoyed and also a bit confused, surely any returns policy should be from receipt of the goods as opposed to date of purchase?
    I would have thought that as you have not received the goods the contract the company imagines it has with you is void.

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    I'm still waiting on a DVD that was dispatched on the 3rd of December form play.com. Phoned the depot at East Telferton today, and although the guy I spoke to wasn't the most helpful bloke in the world, he told me that I wouldn't be able to collect at the depot, as the chances are it isn't even in the depot. He said there was a massive backlog, with stuff from Edinburgh still sitting in Sighthill, Bathgate, and some stuff being rediverted to Newcastle. Doesn't look good for getting this by Christmas.
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

postie just been to mines 2day, 4 letter all ****in junk mail

Just back from sorting office to be told there is no parcels there waiting to be delivered to my address.

Really getting hacked off now!

Blog Entries
    I notice Tesco Direct has suspended new orders from Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    I notice Tesco Direct has suspended new orders from Scotland.
    I ordered from them at the beginning of last week and thought the safer option was have it delivered to a store, I got a call this morning saying it is unlikely it will be there before christmas. They offered me a refund but given that this particular toy is out of stock everywhere I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Blog Entries
    I ordered from them at the beginning of last week and thought the safer option was have it delivered to a store, I got a call this morning saying it is unlikely it will be there before christmas. They offered me a refund but given that this particular toy is out of stock everywhere I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.
    I suppose if they aren't taking new orders it gives them a chance to clear the backlog, good luck.