hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No 'big' dance/electronic band announced yet either, so hopefully there's still one of Chemicals/Underworld/Daft Punk () to come.
    I assume Deadmau5 will headling King Tut's one night, in which case I'll be going in at about 2pm and staying there as, especially after the cancellation in December, there'll be absolutely tons of folk wanting to see him!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Foo Fighters
    Blink 182
    Coldplay
    Arctic Monkeys

Pulp
    Beady Eye
    The Script
    My Chemical Romance
    All Time Low

Jimmy Eat World
    Plan B
    Tinie Tempah
    Jessie J
    Deadmau5 (yay!)

Pendulum
    Bloody Beetroots
    The View
    Friendly Fires

Bright Eyes
    The Vaccines
    KT Tunstall
    Kei$ha
    Manic Street Preachers
    Tom Jones
    Brandon Flowers
    Chase and Status
    Weezer
    White Lies
    Blondie
    Cast

You Me At Six
    Crystal Castles
    Ocean Colour Scene
    The Saturdays
    Eels
    Hurts
    The Streets
    House of Pain
    Noah and the Whale
    Josh Wink
    Slam

Imela May
    Miles Kane
    Vitalic
    Diplo
    Death Crew 77
    Eliza Doolittle
    Stornoway
    Some really good acts in there actually - Blink 182 are good fun (and well rehearsed) live, Pendulum are one of the most awesome live bands I've ever seen, the Eels and Ocean Colour Scene are something a little bit different, Foo Fighters aren't the best live, but always a good festival band, Weezer and the Manics are both well known and impressive live and Jimmy Eat World are just damned good.

From my musical taste though, some awful awful acts in amongst that lineup (Jessie J, The Streets (thought they had broken up?), Keisha, Tinie Tempah, The Arctic Monkeys....) and I certainly wouldn't be rushing to pay over the odds for the tickets for it. Perhaps a day ticket if the lineups fall the right way, but certainly not a weekend camping - a lot of the artists give a good impression of the type of people you're going to get at the festival.

All in my humble opinion of course
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    I assume Deadmau5 will headling King Tut's one night, in which case I'll be going in at about 2pm and staying there as, especially after the cancellation in December, there'll be absolutely tons of folk wanting to see him!
    More likely to be in the Slam tent IMO. It may well be The Streets in King Tuts.

Deadmau5 will be the mutts nuts wherever he's playing though

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    More likely to be in the Slam tent IMO. It may well be The Streets in King Tuts.

Deadmau5 will be the mutts nuts wherever he's playing though
    I was thinking a last-year-Guetta style in King Tut's but Slam Tent makes a lot more sense and will be ideal!

Comments on the lineup as a whole, I'm still ecstatic that Pulp are playing. I saw them at T in the Park in 1998 (when I was 6) so it will be great to see them again 13 years later.

I'm not that bothered about the headliners. I don't really like Foo Fighters at all and I can take or leave Blink and Coldplay although will see them both if nothing else is on.

I've not seen Arctic Monkeys since that tiny gig they played in Edinburgh in 2005, just because I thought that it was such a good gig in such a tiny venue that every time I see them now I'd just think 'Well, it wasn't as good as that gig.' However, that was nearly 6 years ago so might take the plunge, depending what's on.

I actually quite like My Chemical Romance but would only go and see them if they weren't up against someone great, as for Jimmy Eat World although I only ever hear good things about them.

I love Friendly Fires but they won't be a priority as I'll be seeing them the following week at Benicassim. The same goes for the Streets but given these will be amongst the very final of his shows then I think I'd like to see them both times, as in '09 they were the best act I saw.

If Crystal Castles play a tent I'll go and see them, they're not really an NME stage afternoon band I would have thought. Same goes for Chase and Status.

Seriously though, what is the point of Kesha, Tinie Tempah, Plan B etc? It only attracts clueless young teenage girls and it's not as if T struggle to sell their tickets without this kind of crowd. I don't like everyone on the bill but at least I can see their merits, not with these charlatans though.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I'm pretty happy with the line up to be honest.

Pulp, Beady Eye, Deadmau5, The View, Friendly Fires, White Lies, Blondie, Cast, Ocean Colour Scene, The Saturdays (were bloody amazing last time...), Eels, Hurts...

Looks good so far.

I'd expect them to announce a few more decent acts as well. Would love Daft Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    The Saturdays (were bloody amazing last time...)

I'd expect them to announce a few more decent acts as well. Would love Daft Punk.
    It's amazing how many guys ended up seeing The Saturdays 'by accident' last time

Daft Punk would be amazing, it's the one act T haven't managed to get so far that I'd REALLY like to see. Can't see it though

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    I know you don't necessarily go for the line up, but there is literally only 7 acts I would want to see. And three of them I'm seeing either before or after T anyway. I'm quite glad I'm not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    I was thinking a last-year-Guetta style in King Tut's but Slam Tent makes a lot more sense and will be ideal!

Comments on the lineup as a whole, I'm still ecstatic that Pulp are playing. I saw them at T in the Park in 1998 (when I was 6) so it will be great to see them again 13 years later.

I'm not that bothered about the headliners. I don't really like Foo Fighters at all and I can take or leave Blink and Coldplay although will see them both if nothing else is on.

I've not seen Arctic Monkeys since that tiny gig they played in Edinburgh in 2005, just because I thought that it was such a good gig in such a tiny venue that every time I see them now I'd just think 'Well, it wasn't as good as that gig.' However, that was nearly 6 years ago so might take the plunge, depending what's on.

I actually quite like My Chemical Romance but would only go and see them if they weren't up against someone great, as for Jimmy Eat World although I only ever hear good things about them.

I love Friendly Fires but they won't be a priority as I'll be seeing them the following week at Benicassim. The same goes for the Streets but given these will be amongst the very final of his shows then I think I'd like to see them both times, as in '09 they were the best act I saw.

If Crystal Castles play a tent I'll go and see them, they're not really an NME stage afternoon band I would have thought. Same goes for Chase and Status.

Seriously though, what is the point of Kesha, Tinie Tempah, Plan B etc? It only attracts clueless young teenage girls and it's not as if T struggle to sell their tickets without this kind of crowd. I don't like everyone on the bill but at least I can see their merits, not with these charlatans though.
    I was in New York a couple of years ago and they were playing at Madison Square Gardens.

We just fancied seeing a gig there so got tickets. The guy at the door said to us "Robert Plant is next week!"

We were a bit out of place but they were ok.

Gamer IDs

It's amazing how many guys ended up seeing The Saturdays 'by accident' last time

Daft Punk would be amazing, it's the one act T haven't managed to get so far that I'd REALLY like to see. Can't see it though
    I swear to god that some of the things Frankie Sandford was mouthing at me in between the songs were filthy.

I now think the line up is pretty good to be fair

Compared to the line ups we get in this part of the world at such events, you guys don't know yer born!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    It's not looking too bad now to be honest... some decent people playing like Beady Eye, Deadmau5, Arctic Monkeys, Miles Kane... and The Saturdays for reasons other than the music they make.

Gamer IDs

Got my ticket no problem this morning, the Ticketmaster page loaded up straight away.

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    overall looks like a quality line up , if you exclude tinie tempah etc anyway , was thinking of going to rockness but this lineup has me wondering...

Doesn't really matter anyway as all my money at the minute is going to a lads holiday in salou , so basically it'll depend on what one I can get last minute tickets for and who I can find to tag along with when I'm back from spain.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    DEADMAU5!!!

hopefully its Deadmau5 live and not just him doing a DJ set!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post
    overall looks like a quality line up , if you exclude tinie tempah etc anyway , was thinking of going to rockness but this lineup has me wondering...

Doesn't really matter anyway as all my money at the minute is going to a lads holiday in salou , so basically it'll depend on what one I can get last minute tickets for and who I can find to tag along with when I'm back from spain.
    ive not missed a Rockness yet but its loosing its appeal to me... think ill give it a miss this year!

roll on TITP!

Primal Scream now added

No 'big' dance/electronic band announced yet either, so hopefully there's still one of Chemicals/Underworld/Daft Punk () to come.
    Swedish House Mafia, Leftfield and a Calvin Harris DJ set added now

SHM in King Tuts hopefully, that would be mental.

Gamer IDs

NOOOOOOOOO! Keep the dance sh*te in the Slam Tent!

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    NOOOOOOOOO! Keep the dance sh*te in the Slam Tent!
    Guetta ended in King Tuts last year and that was one of the best parts of it!

Old School rave in a tent!

Saw SHM at Brixton in London last year (Just after "One" came out, and they most defo ripped the **** out of it, one of the best nights of my life! and going to see them at Barrowlands again this year. Very tempted to try get a ticket for T now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Teo10 View Post
    Guetta ended in King Tuts last year and that was one of the best parts of it!

Old School rave in a tent!
    I would guess that SHM will get a similar slot in King Tuts, but Sunday night headliners is usually reserved for Primal Scream so they may get Saturday night since they're playing Oxygen on the Friday.

(And BTW, you're only 22 - you never got to go to an old school rave )

Who cares, T-In the Park is awfull!

Its full of wee druggy tramps thinking they're awsome cause they're either reekin/eeed out thier heeds!

Last time I was there they're was too weegie boys wearing nappies so they could take a crap and not have to wait in line for the toilet!

DO NOT GO! Save your cash. Awful Awful Awful!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Hope nobody bought tickets with Blink 182 as one of their key reasons:

Blink 182

Looks like another headline band will be getting announced shortly.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Hope nobody bought tickets with Blink 182 as one of their key reasons:

Blink 182

Looks like another headline band will be getting announced shortly.
    I've heard it the Strokes that are replacing them

Left by mutual consent!
    The Facebook update says it's the strokes. Not sure if it's official or not.

Strokes and slash added

@hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll
    Selling 2 T in the park tickets Friday to the Sunday no camping. £400 for them both.

The Airborne Toxic Event and Big Country have been added.

Big rumours that Kanye West might be heading to Balado too.

The Airborne Toxic Event and Big Country have been added.

Big rumours that Kanye West might be heading to Balado too.
    Are there any spaces left for a headline act though?

They will already have signed contracts with the current headliners and there is no doubt whatsoever that Kanye will only play if he is the number one star of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post
    Are there any spaces left for a headline act though?

They will already have signed contracts with the current headliners and there is no doubt whatsoever that Kanye will only play if he is the number one star of the night.
    There's still room for an NME headliner one night, there's not enough been announced to cover it three nights so far.

Beyonce has just been announced on their Facebook page.

If this is true, then that is a massive coup for Geoff Ellis. She may not be your cup of tea, or what you'd class as a 'T' act, but she is probably the biggest pop star of the last decade.

One of the greatest voices I have ever heard. Can't wait to hear it live.