hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ian Brown should play at T, promote his most recent album 'My Way' a bit more cause i'm not that sure many people know about it.

I think he's played at T once before but it was years ago.
    Played in 2008 headlining the King Tuts tent on the Saturday. Was awesome.

Played plenty of times at T before then too. My Way is a decent album but not one of his best.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This is a good site for keeping up to date with all the festival rumours.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php

Also have rumours for Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters & Pulp playing at T.
    Last edited by YehButNoBut; 26-11-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    to be fair... IF they are scheduled to play at TITP, they certinaly wont be headlining any stage!!

i dont care anyway... ill be smashed wandering around aimlessly as usual.

How could they not headline ?

If Kings of Leon can headline every eyar they bring an album out then Blink could headline even if their new album doesnt come out next year. They are one of the biggest and most successful bands out of America in the last 15years, they play sell out gigs, they are top notch entertainment(joke about on stage rather than play, talk once then leave with their pay cheques) and are generally loved by most people. Their last album is one of the best albums I own and has an appearance from Robert Smith from the Cure on it. Blink are massive and could easily headline TITP.

If they are headlining then I would actually get a ticket for next years, if they aint well I guess we can expect any new indie-jump-on-the-band-wagon-cause-nme-says-they-are-awesome bands.

The two years I have been 2 TITP they had good acts, Rage one year and Enter Shikari with Lostprophets another year.

I could see Foo Fighters headlining since their new album is due out in the summer, plus they have a UK tour aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post

If Kings of Leon can headline every eyar they bring an album out then Blink could headline even if their new album doesnt come out next year. They are one of the biggest and most successful bands out of America in the last 15years, they play sell out gigs, they are top notch entertainment(joke about on stage rather than play, talk once then leave with their pay cheques) and are generally loved by most people. Their last album is one of the best albums I own and has an appearance from Robert Smith from the Cure on it. Blink are massive and could easily headline TITP.

If they are headlining then I would actually get a ticket for next years, if they aint well I guess we can expect any new indie-jump-on-the-band-wagon-cause-nme-says-they-are-awesome bands.

The two years I have been 2 TITP they had good acts, Rage one year and Enter Shikari with Lostprophets another year.

I could see Foo Fighters headlining since their new album is due out in the summer, plus they have a UK tour aswell.
    I think so
    They have a uk tour with no Scottish date

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    - if either of those are considered "headline acts" for T in the Park, then the organisers are obviously trying to attract a very different type of audience.
    Prince would be cack
    But Bowie would the biggest act to play t since that time Bowie pulled out of t

Would be superb if he was announced

First batch of headliners will be announced on the TITP website tomorrow

Next batch of tickets go on sale Friday (unless you were lucky enough to have the advance tickets option today )

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Daily Record (not exactly the most reliable source, but has been right on T news before) reporting that the Foo Fighters will be one healiner, with Geoff Ellis wanting Biffy Clyro as a second headliner. Imo Blink are virtual certainties so there's your three headliners. However, there's also rumours of Faith No More (i'd imagine on NME stage), Metallica and Pulp.

Imo next year isn't looking as good as the last couple of years. Lucky I'm having a year off I think. Can't afford T and a holiday unfortunately.!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBolivar View Post

Confirmed on the T website

Other acts rumoured to be playing are Metallica, Pulp and Faith No More.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Other acts rumoured to be playing are Metallica, Pulp and Faith No More.

Rumours are just rumours though....I could go on Efestivals and say I have a source that tells me that The Libertines have been approached to play it and then that would become a rumour. Doesn't mean it has any truth to it at all.

But I do have a source....and they have told me that The Libs will be playing.

Or do I?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Crap first headliner for me but most folk like them. Which suits me fine as long as there's someone decent on the King Tut's.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Think i'll pass TITP and go to a few gigs instead if the line-up rumours come true.. only one i've liked the sound of so far is The Libertines. Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Faith No More, Metallica and Pulp.. not my cup of tea.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Rumours are just rumours though....I could go on Efestivals and say I have a source that tells me that The Libertines have been approached to play it and then that would become a rumour. Doesn't mean it has any truth to it at all.

But I do have a source....and they have told me that The Libs will be playing.

Or do I?
    Think i'll pass TITP and go to a few gigs instead if the line-up rumours come true.. only one i've liked the sound of so far is The Libertines. Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Faith No More, Metallica and Pulp.. not my cup of tea.
    I made that up...if The Libertines were actually playing I'd go even if the rest of the lineup was just Justin Bieber and McFly playing one song on repeat the whole time.

I don't know the exact number of acts at TITP each year but just because there are 5 that aren't your cup of tea I wouldn't write it off!

I don't know the exact number of acts at TITP each year but just because there are 5 that aren't your cup of tea I wouldn't write it off!
    It's always the same, they'll try to appeal to as many people as possible and get a range of acts across different genres.

As for the rumours, I'd be very surprised if Metallica is a goer, I'd have my money on Coldplay as headliners. I guess they'll announce a couple more names tomorrow morning before the full sale starts.

Gamer IDs

It's always the same, they'll try to appeal to as many people as possible and get a range of acts across different genres.

As for the rumours, I'd be very surprised if Metallica is a goer, I'd have my money on Coldplay as headliners. I guess they'll announce a couple more names tomorrow morning before the full sale starts.
    I'd not be dissapointed with that. Coldplay get a hard time for being boring but a lot of there music is really good.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!

Never been anything that has ever made me think wish I had a ticket for TITP but metallica would be worth it just for them alone. But there again I am an old miserable moaning faced ******* and I can't see it happening either.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    I made that up...if The Libertines were actually playing I'd go even if the rest of the lineup was just Justin Bieber and McFly playing one song on repeat the whole time.

If the Libertines were going I would pay obscene money just to go and see them. And I mean obscene.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post

well i think they are gash!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    If the Libertines were going I would pay obscene money just to go and see them. And I mean obscene.
    With no real link to TITP, i was in my mates house a few weeks back, there was about 6 of us, one of them was listening to The Script i asked why the hell he was listening to that pish.. i said try listening to some proper music like Kasabian or The Libertines.. they all turned round and said The Script are miles better than The Libertines, i honestly couldn't believe what i heard, thought i'd tell you that as it's actually another reason that puts me of going to T.. cause my mates' taste in music are utter dross!

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    With no real link to TITP, i was in my mates house a few weeks back, there was about 6 of us, one of them was listening to The Script i asked why the hell he was listening to that pish.. i said try listening to some proper music like Kasabian or The Libertines.. they all turned round and said The Script are miles better than The Libertines, i honestly couldn't believe what i heard, thought i'd tell you that as it's actually another reason that puts me of going to T.. cause my mates' taste in music are utter dross!
    I'm in the same boat mate and its ****ing annoying me!

All my mates either seem to be into gash heavy "scream for no apparent reason and bang a drum while violating a guitar" metal or even worse clubland pish. Fortunately I know one gadgie with decent taste so we've a few class gigs lined up :

paul weller supported by the rifles this saturday , the courteneers on sunday , james supported by the pigeon detectives 2 weeks tomorrow! :D

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post

All my mates either seem to be into gash heavy "scream for no apparent reason and bang a drum while violating a guitar" metal or even worse clubland pish. Fortunately I know one gadgie with decent taste so we've a few class gigs lined up :

paul weller supported by the rifles this saturday , the courteneers on sunday , james supported by the pigeon detectives 2 weeks tomorrow! :D
    Really wish I was going to see the Courteeners but was at three gigs last week so can't justify another trip home, let alone to Glasgow!

Gamer IDs

I'm going, should be good. Lost count how many times i've been to see them now.

Love The Rifles but never seen them live.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    well i think they are gash!

And them too..

Gamer IDs

Annoying eh

Thing about the Courteeners is i like them, but the lead singer's voice goes right through me, i still don't mind them it's just that it's a bit annoying.

If one of my pals said that to me I would personally disown them Imagine making a statement like that The Script better than The Libs

Quote Originally Posted by #10 View Post

And them too..

You don't have a very good taste

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I'm going, should be good. Lost count how many times i've been to see them now.<br />
    <br />
    Love The Rifles but never seen them live.
    Nor me. But a mate of mine saw them play an acoustic set at King Tuts last night and said they were phenomenal.

Gamer IDs

If one of my pals said that to me I would personally disown them Imagine making a statement like that The Script better than The Libs
    Ken, i eventually just gave up cause not one of them but ALL of them thought that.. felt like walking home i was that pissed off.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Wheres this announcement then?