hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

T in the Park - 2011 - Line Up Announced

Headlining act on the Main Stage on either the Saturday or Sunday is Blink 182.

Nothing officially been announced, but they've announced a UK Tour for their new album (released in March/April next year) with a big gap in between dates where the T in the Park weekend falls and no Scottish dates. Very likely
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

T in the park... Do people still bother with this?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    T in the park... Do people still bother with this?

What uber cool alternative do you suggest special one??

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    It was pretty pish last year. Too many weegies and phannies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post

I've not been for a few years now but that pretty much sums up how i remember it.

And Blink 182 as a headline band......Oh dear. Decent enough band for a mid afternoon or early evening slot but headlining the countries 'flagship' music festival- not for me.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I've not been for a few years now but that pretty much sums up how i remember it.

And Blink 182 as a headline band......Oh dear. Decent enough band for a mid afternoon or early evening slot but headlining the countries 'flagship' music festival- not for me.
    yawn .......seems like not liking T in the Park is now the "cool" thing to do. I've been camping it for years. Are there neds? Aye but much less than you'll find in pretty much all the clubs in Edinburgh. I've never had any trouble and always had an amazing time.

I'm by no means a big fan of blink 182, but they played at rock en seine last year and were very good indeed. I'd love to see Bowie this year, and I wouldn't mind Pulp either.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Marabou Stork View Post
    I'm by no means a big fan of blink 182, but they played at rock en seine last year and were very good indeed. I'd love to see Bowie this year, and I wouldn't mind Pulp either.
    I would settle for Blink, Bowie and Pulp! Going down to Wireless to see Pulp and hopefully Isle of Wight too. Bowie is a legend and the chance to see him doesn't come along too often - although I said that about The Who and thought they were crap when I saw them. I sold my ticket for Blink at the SECC the other month because Feeder were playing the Liquid Rooms but think they'd be good headliners and a good laugh.

I'd rather TITP went for a Bowie crowd than a Black Eyed Peas crowd!

As for T being a "much more defined genre" - I can't define the genre in the slightest. A lot of absolute pish pop music has appeared on the lineup over the past few years, dance is still a big part of the festival, rappers come as well as some excellent guitar bands.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    Bowie is a legend and the chance to see him doesn't come along too often - although I said that about The Who and thought they were crap when I saw them.
    I didn't see The Who, think I was watching Kasabian doing there first T set when The Who were playing. I went along to see James Brown a few years back at T though and he was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    Ian Brown should play at T, promote his most recent album 'My Way' a bit more cause i'm not that sure many people know about it.

I think he's played at T once before but it was years ago.
    He's played a few tines at t

Last time he done his usual huffy routine last time, punched his sound engineer and walked off

It was crap

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    How could they not headline ?

If Kings of Leon can headline every eyar they bring an album out then Blink could headline even if their new album doesnt come out next year. They are one of the biggest and most successful bands out of America in the last 15years, they play sell out gigs, they are top notch entertainment(joke about on stage rather than play, talk once then leave with their pay cheques) and are generally loved by most people. Their last album is one of the best albums I own and has an appearance from Robert Smith from the Cure on it. Blink are massive and could easily headline TITP.

If they are headlining then I would actually get a ticket for next years, if they aint well I guess we can expect any new indie-jump-on-the-band-wagon-cause-nme-says-they-are-awesome bands.

The two years I have been 2 TITP they had good acts, Rage one year and Enter Shikari with Lostprophets another year.

I could see Foo Fighters headlining since their new album is due out in the summer, plus they have a UK tour aswell.
    I think so
    They have a uk tour with no Scottish date

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    - if either of those are considered "headline acts" for T in the Park, then the organisers are obviously trying to attract a very different type of audience.
    Prince would be cack
    But Bowie would the biggest act to play t since that time Bowie pulled out of t

Would be superb if he was announced

First batch of headliners will be announced on the TITP website tomorrow

Next batch of tickets go on sale Friday (unless you were lucky enough to have the advance tickets option today )

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Daily Record (not exactly the most reliable source, but has been right on T news before) reporting that the Foo Fighters will be one healiner, with Geoff Ellis wanting Biffy Clyro as a second headliner. Imo Blink are virtual certainties so there's your three headliners. However, there's also rumours of Faith No More (i'd imagine on NME stage), Metallica and Pulp.

Imo next year isn't looking as good as the last couple of years. Lucky I'm having a year off I think. Can't afford T and a holiday unfortunately.!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBolivar View Post

Confirmed on the T website

Other acts rumoured to be playing are Metallica, Pulp and Faith No More.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Other acts rumoured to be playing are Metallica, Pulp and Faith No More.

Rumours are just rumours though....I could go on Efestivals and say I have a source that tells me that The Libertines have been approached to play it and then that would become a rumour. Doesn't mean it has any truth to it at all.

But I do have a source....and they have told me that The Libs will be playing.

Or do I?

Gamer IDs

Crap first headliner for me but most folk like them. Which suits me fine as long as there's someone decent on the King Tut's.

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    With no real link to TITP, i was in my mates house a few weeks back, there was about 6 of us, one of them was listening to The Script i asked why the hell he was listening to that pish.. i said try listening to some proper music like Kasabian or The Libertines.. they all turned round and said The Script are miles better than The Libertines, i honestly couldn't believe what i heard, thought i'd tell you that as it's actually another reason that puts me of going to T.. cause my mates' taste in music are utter dross!
    I'm in the same boat mate and its ****ing annoying me!

All my mates either seem to be into gash heavy "scream for no apparent reason and bang a drum while violating a guitar" metal or even worse clubland pish. Fortunately I know one gadgie with decent taste so we've a few class gigs lined up :

paul weller supported by the rifles this saturday , the courteneers on sunday , james supported by the pigeon detectives 2 weeks tomorrow! :D

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post

All my mates either seem to be into gash heavy "scream for no apparent reason and bang a drum while violating a guitar" metal or even worse clubland pish. Fortunately I know one gadgie with decent taste so we've a few class gigs lined up :

paul weller supported by the rifles this saturday , the courteneers on sunday , james supported by the pigeon detectives 2 weeks tomorrow! :D
    Really wish I was going to see the Courteeners but was at three gigs last week so can't justify another trip home, let alone to Glasgow!

Gamer IDs

I'm going, should be good. Lost count how many times i've been to see them now.

Love The Rifles but never seen them live.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I'm going, should be good. Lost count how many times i've been to see them now.<br />
    <br />
    Love The Rifles but never seen them live.
    Nor me. But a mate of mine saw them play an acoustic set at King Tuts last night and said they were phenomenal.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X

Annoying eh

Thing about the Courteeners is i like them, but the lead singer's voice goes right through me, i still don't mind them it's just that it's a bit annoying.

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    I know you don't necessarily go for the line up, but there is literally only 7 acts I would want to see. And three of them I'm seeing either before or after T anyway. I'm quite glad I'm not going.

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    overall looks like a quality line up , if you exclude tinie tempah etc anyway , was thinking of going to rockness but this lineup has me wondering...

Doesn't really matter anyway as all my money at the minute is going to a lads holiday in salou , so basically it'll depend on what one I can get last minute tickets for and who I can find to tag along with when I'm back from spain.

Gamer IDs

DEADMAU5!!!

hopefully its Deadmau5 live and not just him doing a DJ set!

Gamer IDs

overall looks like a quality line up , if you exclude tinie tempah etc anyway , was thinking of going to rockness but this lineup has me wondering...

Doesn't really matter anyway as all my money at the minute is going to a lads holiday in salou , so basically it'll depend on what one I can get last minute tickets for and who I can find to tag along with when I'm back from spain.
    ive not missed a Rockness yet but its loosing its appeal to me... think ill give it a miss this year!

roll on TITP!

Primal Scream now added

Left by mutual consent!
    The Facebook update says it's the strokes. Not sure if it's official or not.