hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this is true, then that is a massive coup for Geoff Ellis
    That's true - maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but a markedly different act than the other headliners.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz...6908-23107038/
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 05-05-2011 at 05:58 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Beyonce will put on quite a show and is undoubtedly a big booking. However, she'll have cost a barrel load of money and I would prefer that to be spent on what I consider to be good music i.e. not pop.

I think it's time for TITP to say they're now a pop festival and let the decent acts go to Rock Ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    That's true - maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but a markedly different act than the other headliners.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz...6908-23107038/

My daughter is ecstatic !

Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    Beyonce will put on quite a show and is undoubtedly a big booking. However, she'll have cost a barrel load of money and I would prefer that to be spent on what I consider to be good music i.e. not pop.

I think it's time for TITP to say they're now a pop festival and let the decent acts go to Rock Ness.
    Why can't they be a festival that caters for everyone's tastes (i.e. what they are) rather than a niche pop festival?

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post
    Why can't they be a festival that caters for everyone's tastes (i.e. what they are) rather than a niche pop festival?
    Because it's not cool....apparently.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Cannae beat a bit of musical snobbery.

It is and always has been a 'music' festival. It's kind of funny that you seem to be expecting it to be a 'music that Calvino considers good (not pop)' festival.

Gaun the Beyonce!!

Gamer IDs

Because I think that £200 is a lot for a weekend of music and I would prefer not to be paying for many acts I have no desire to see, as I'm sure many people would not.

Hardly snobbery, just that I'd prefer for my money to go towards acts I like!

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Because I think that £200 is a lot for a weekend of music and I would prefer not to be paying for many acts I have no desire to see, as I'm sure many people would not.

Hardly snobbery, just that I'd prefer for my money to go towards acts I like!
    How does that work then? Sure any festival you would go to most acts dont interest you...
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    How does that work then? Sure any festival you would go to most acts dont interest you...
    Yeah absolutely, but generally there you a rough idea of the genres that you might expect to see. For example, Download festival is rock and metal on the whole.

Until a few years ago you could expect to see maybe a few more 'poppy' acts at T but nothing too substantial or high up the bill, but now it seems like they are going more and more for the Radio 1 market. Ultimately now though, I'm purchasing a product before I know what the product is.

No doubt you'll say that if I'm that much of a moaner I can sell my ticket - the case is that I still feel there are enough bands to hold my interest but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer a few more bands more towards the modern indie genre as opposed to Beyonce!

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Yeah absolutely, but generally there you a rough idea of the genres that you might expect to see. For example, Download festival is rock and metal on the whole.

Until a few years ago you could expect to see maybe a few more 'poppy' acts at T but nothing too substantial or high up the bill, but now it seems like they are going more and more for the Radio 1 market. Ultimately now though, I'm purchasing a product before I know what the product is.

No doubt you'll say that if I'm that much of a moaner I can sell my ticket - the case is that I still feel there are enough bands to hold my interest but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer a few more bands more towards the modern indie genre as opposed to Beyonce!
    I bet you go and totally love Beyonce!!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    I bet you go and totally love Beyonce!!!
    To be fair, one of the best folk I've ever seen there is Snoop Dogg!

Until a few years ago you could expect to see maybe a few more 'poppy' acts at T but nothing too substantial or high up the bill, but now it seems like they are going more and more for the Radio 1 market.
    TITP has always catered for that market, it's just that there's far less indie style music being played on Radio One now, and it's far more dance/R&B orientated. One of the first ever TITP's in Strathclyde Park had the Beautiful South, M-People and Kylie among the headliners - so it's not a new thing.

I think one of the things that TITP has evolved to over the years is one that's able to put on loads of different types of bands and music over the different stages and has not allowed itself to be pigeon holed as one style of festival. That's a huge part of it's success IMO - you mention Snoop, and I bet the vast majority of people who've attended down the years can tell a similar story about an artist that would never have normally gone to see that's ended up really surprising them.

Beyonce confirmed on the Main Stage before Coldplay.

http://www.nme.com/news/beyonce/56465

So Beyonce, then to King Tuts for the mighty Scream and the Saturday night is sorted

Rumours that Kanye West is performing..

Looks like there's some sizable changes in the layout this year, with a second entrance from the campsite being planned. Also a possibility that there may be a move for some of the stages as well.

Expect the stage splits will be released over the weekend from what I've heard.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Looks like there's some sizable changes in the layout this year, with a second entrance from the campsite being planned. Also a possibility that there may be a move for some of the stages as well.

Expect the stage splits will be released over the weekend from what I've heard.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, cos I've heard this as well, but there were rumours kicking about that this was happening last year as well.

6.2 The conclusion of the Planning Application has been a lengthy process, with
    involvement of the Scottish Government, Perth and Kinross Council, the
    Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the Licensee (DF Concerts) and the
    landowner. The main issue has been the proximity of the T in the Park event
    to the BP Forties pipeline, and the Health and Safety Executive seeking to
    minimise the perceived risk by having certain parts of the event relocated
    further from the pipeline.

6.3 After extensive discussions, the Health and Safety Executive and DF
    Concerts have now reached an agreement on a layout of the event for 2011,
    which allows the HSE to withdraw their objection to the event. The effect is
    that certain large tented and staged areas have been relocated to other
    positions within the arena. In addition, parts of the camping area have been
    moved away from the pipeline, and relocated to other parts of the site

From here

BTW, some of the acts have now started to self confirm what days they're playing despite the splits not being announced.

Friday - Arctic Monkeys, Plan B, Pendulum, Jessie J, White Lies, You Me at Six, Imelda May, Twin Atlantic, The Airborne Toxic Event

Saturday - Coldplay, Beyonce, Primal Scream, The Strokes, Friendly Fires, Swedish House Mafia, Chase and Status, The Streets, Leftfield, Jimmy Eat World, Crystal Castles, Ke$ha, Ocean Colour Scene, The Saturdays, Bright Eyes, House of Pain, Fun Lovin Criminals, The Saw Doctors

Sunday - Foo Fighters, Pulp, My Chemical Romance, Brandon Flowers, Beady Eye, Deadmau5, All Time Low, Weezer, Bruno Mars, Blondie, Cast, KT Tunstall, Eels, The Vaccines, The Pretty Reckless, Kids in Glass Houses, Noah and the Whale,
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 11-06-2011 at 09:11 PM.

BTW, some of the acts have now started to self confirm what days they're playing despite the splits not being announced.

Friday - Arctic Monkeys, Plan B, Pendulum, Jessie J, White Lies, You Me at Six, Imelda May, Twin Atlantic, The Airborne Toxic Event

Saturday - Coldplay, Beyonce, Primal Scream, The Strokes, Friendly Fires, Swedish House Mafia, Chase and Status, The Streets, Leftfield, Jimmy Eat World, Crystal Castles, Ke$ha, Ocean Colour Scene, The Saturdays, Bright Eyes, House of Pain, Fun Lovin Criminals, The Saw Doctors

Sunday - Foo Fighters, Pulp, My Chemical Romance, Brandon Flowers, Beady Eye, Deadmau5, All Time Low, Weezer, Bruno Mars, Blondie, Cast, KT Tunstall, Eels, The Vaccines, The Pretty Reckless, Kids in Glass Houses, Noah and the Whale,
    Noooooo Please dont let arctic monkeys and pendulum play at the same time

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    According to this, there is no new second walkway from campsite to arena.

Main stage and NME stage look like they're facing each other.

Day splits officially confirmed

http://www.tinthepark.com/content/de...asp?page=s3_25

Don't say I didn't tell you already