hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    [QUOTE=smurf;2632386]
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Make a Captain out of a player hooked on Sunday at HT for being Rafael Scheicht in an Edinburgh Derby?
    Hope not.
    No worse than the captain being sent of for his crass stupidity & childishness.
    Crass stupidity because Riordan can't[won't] tackle at normal times,& childishness because he let the opposition fans/players get to him. Captain ? You're having a laugh.
    I don't think Rankin is a particularly good player but, if the good players we have showed the same fight then we might not be in such a mess.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Joan Rankin, Lois Stevenson, Christine Hogg, Iona Murray etc etc etc

They all tell us it's time to be more ruthless, step up to the plate, dig deeper, defend better, work harder, cut out the silly mistakes, cut out the perfectly sensible mistakes, quit smoking, give peace a chance, drink coke, stand up and be counted, win one for the gipper, thread the needle, think outside the box, take one for the team, develop a mental toughness, develop a mental disease, not panic, panic, panic a little bit, take each game as it comes, go again next time, struggle to put the finger on it, struggle to pass five yards, struggle to pass water, have the eye of the tiger, adopt a seige mentality, adopt a romanian orphan, put on the boiler suit, impose themselves, depose themselves, buy into the manager's philosophy, make your own luck, run out of luck, need more luck, luck be a lady, go back to basics, go back to bed, play the easy pass, play the xbox, get pumped up, pump each other, feel the pain, cash the cheque, kick the bucket, buy the farm, suck it up, sucker punch, suck it and see, Lucy Meacock, every game is a cup final, every game is a paycheck, next one is a six pointer, no easy games, no easy women, see the end from the beginning, take it on the chin, take it up the park,do their talking on the pitch, earn a new contract, be in the manager's plans, work as a unit blah blah ******** BLAH!!

It's all of no consequence because they're poor players. They can't achieve any of this. They've had circa 30 matches to do something about the slump and they haven't. Why? 'cause they can't, they're crap!

Its a catch 22 really..... We would moan if there was no soundbytes coming from players at ER, and when they do and say the things we expect them to say, we moan as that is not happening on the field......

The players are not going to come out and say "we are an overpaid bunch of gutless imposters"....

Coaching Staff
    I don't take much notice of anything John Rankin says anymore.

He is afterall the son of Bingo from The Banana Splits......plays football like his old man too

http://www.toxic-web.co.uk/wp-conten...ana-splits.jpg

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...ose-ranks.html

Can someone tell me why Hibs would get John Rankin to promote half season tickets
    Seems a strange one, one of the worst players currently at Easter Road, why would anybody that already hasnae paid up want tae waste good money tae watch him. Maybe Petrie should have a word with the marketing department? The person who thought it would be a good idea tae put him forward for the job should perhaps be in another line of employment.

"Give us £200+ of you hard earned cash and come along tae Easter Road every fortnight tae watch John Rankin impersonate (badly) an SPL fitba player"

Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Seems a strange one, one of the worst players currently at Easter Road, why would anybody that already hasnae paid up want tae waste good money tae watch him. Maybe Petrie should have a word with the marketing department? The person who thought it would be a good idea tae put him forward for the job should perhaps be in another line of employment.

"Give us £200+ of you hard earned cash and come along tae Easter Road every fortnight tae watch John Rankin impersonate (badly) an SPL fitba player"

Genius
    But according to a lot on this board everyone is murder at the club so who would you have trying to promote the sale of season tickets.

Fans are moaning about players not trying but if they read and hear some of the comments aimed at them from their supposed own fans its little wonder some of the performances are not what we are looking for.

This may or may not have already been mentioned, and may be totally irrelevant, but I can't for the life of me remember a set piece that Rankin has taken that hasn't either: a) not cleared the first man, or b) missed everybody and gone harmlessly out of play. It just gets right on my tits.

First Team Breakthrough CabbageBoy's Avatar

In The Sun, Best Place For Him

Since there will be darkness and floodlights only at Castle Greyskull this evening, if Rankin is in the sun, he can't be on the pitch. Which would suit me just fine.

If only Murray, Hanlon and Witherspoon from the squad on Sunday ever pulled on a Hibs jersey again, that would suit me even better.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1

Rankin form rap for Hibs

(From article)
    Hibernian star John Rankin admits the enormity of their plight is hitting home as they seek their first point under Colin Calderwood at Ibrox tonight.

“Eight points from 11 games is nowhere near good enough,” the midfielder said, “We have got to step up to the plate and take the bull by the horns.”

First point. Mr Rankin is that this is not a rap. Even Vanilla Ice in his heydey wouldn't have claimed this.

Second point. If you were trying to claim a prize for the most number of cliches squeezed into one article, you must be pleased as punch and over the moon tonight.
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Not the greatest player but always gives 100% , wish some other "Star" players would do likewise .

Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    (From article)
    Hibernian star John Rankin admits the enormity of their plight is hitting home as they seek their first point under Colin Calderwood at Ibrox tonight.

“Eight points from 11 games is nowhere near good enough,” the midfielder said, “We have got to step up to the plate and take the bull by the horns.”

First point. Mr Rankin is that this is not a rap. Even Vanilla Ice in his heydey wouldn't have claimed this.

Second point. If you were trying to claim a prize for the most number of cliches squeezed into one article, you must be pleased as punch and over the moon tonight.

Yip, and the time for stepping up to the plate was 9 months ago when they effectively gave up trying to EARN their wages.

Also, using Rankin as front man to sell season tickets is a bit like putting a pug ugly bird on the front cover of a lads mag which is full of pug ugly birds. You get the basic idea but you'd never buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Its a catch 22 really..... We would moan if there was no soundbytes coming from players at ER, and when they do and say the things we expect them to say, we moan as that is not happening on the field......
    Personally, I believe there are times when a squad of players needs to be restrained from talking to the press until such time as they have started to deliver again on the pitch.

Right now is one of those times.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Go on Rankin son! I've always rated you!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

He is afterall the son of Bingo from The Banana Splits......plays football like his old man too

Did I not say Bingo's dad played for River Plate though

Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    Rankin can talk a good game, all this stuff about stepping up and he quoted We all need to step forward and say 'No one else is going to do it, it needs to be ME', and deal with it from there well no s##t sherlock its been like this for months now and you are one of the main culprits

This guy has had too many chances and should never wear a Hibs jersey again along with many others.

His derby performance was one of the worst I have seen in a long time hence why he got taken off at half time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Diddy should be on page 3 with Nishy
    True TQM......if that happened a bigger pair of t**s that paper wouldn't have seen since Sam Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    Rent a quote is also in the Metro spouting nonsense..

What happened to doing your talking on the park
    Deary me

When he does his talkin' on the park, it's mair *****e than is in that article. I'd prefer he was never on the park ever again tae be able tae do anything. He's one of the worst players we have and one of many who simply isnae good enough.
    Brilliant job of inspiring Rankin to a game/goal tonight, men! Well done all!

I'm just warming the oven, would you all like your Humble Pie with or without cream??

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I'm just warming the oven, would you all like your Humble Pie with or without cream??

I'll have mine cold cheers

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Diddy should be on page 3 with Nishy
    Deary me

When he does his talkin' on the park, it's mair *****e than is in that article. I'd prefer he was never on the park ever again tae be able tae do anything. He's one of the worst players we have and one of many who simply isnae good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    I've just read that. I found myself getting angry as I read it. Does he not understand he is one of the weakest links. He's horrible. SFL material (a bit like Hibs at the moment)
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    John Rankin?

Pathetic excuse of a player and its quite laughable that he is the one doing the talking.

I agree with the above post of getting Zouma to do it, at least he has the ability to back up the talk. Classy act he is my favourite player IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    I fear the worst tonight. Everytime Rankin speaks to the press we get a good hiding in the next match. It is not as if he has anything to contribute either in the papers or on the pitch.

Genius
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

John Rankin?

Pathetic excuse of a player and its quite laughable that he is the one doing the talking.

I agree with the above post of getting Zouma to do it, at least he has the ability to back up the talk. Classy act he is my favourite player IMO.
    Pathetic excuse, eh.

What a horrible thing to say about someone, particularly a Hibs player.

Imagine if someone said that about you.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Why? You think a goal and a half decent performance make up for the myriad of crap do you? I'm glad he scored because I dinnae care who scores as long as Hibs win but it disnae change a thing. It'll maybe change when we've seen as many good performances as we've seen honkin'.

So stick yer humility where the sun disnae shine
    Last edited by Saorsa; 10-11-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Why? You think a goal and a half decent performance make up for the myriad of crap do you? I'm glad he scored because I dinnae care who scores as long as Hibs win but it disnae change a thing. It'll maybe change when we've seen as many good performances as we've seen honkin'.

Very big of you.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    oops !!!!! lol

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Brilliant price of marketing by hibs. Well done. Roll up roll up get your half season card here. Roll up roll up.

Brilliant job of inspiring Rankin to a game/goal tonight, men! Well done all!

Well one good game in how many?

You are right though I may have to do that more often

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    John Rankin?

Pathetic excuse, eh.

Well said, Mr. Radge.

"Pathetic excuse" is a description not inapplicable to a certain breed of Hibs supporter, methinks - the kind that's never happy and wno't stop bad-mouthing the players individually or as a team regardless of their results, perhaps?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    John Rankin?

Pathetic excuse, eh.

Well said, Mr. Radge.

"Pathetic excuse" is a description not inapplicable to a certain breed of Hibs supporter, methinks - the kind that's never happy and won't stop bad-mouthing the players individually or as a team regardless of their results, perhaps?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    So good you said it twice...........eh Doddie
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Happy to see Hibs win and end the sequence of defeats after Rankin speaks. Which was the main point of my post (I'll no be posting that one again). As for Rankin's on pitch ability, one swallow doesnae make a Spring, but it does help in other activities.......

+1

Very big of you.
    How typical on a great day for hibs that Mr 'stirrer' Radge is on a thread acting the big man. Some things never change

The stick Rankin gets is unbelievable..... Last night both him and Miller, proved a lot of doubters wrong, they are decent players, but need more consistency....

Both were fantastic last night