hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you elaborate on this point please Jack? Are you saying Collum made this all up or that the tabloids have sensationalised it by 'upping' the threats to include death of Collum and injury to his family?

I'm beginning to find myself agreeing that it's not Lennon who's causing this stooshie, at least not Lennon alone. The club are as bad as their manager by writing letters of complaint about decisions that have gone against them. I've no problem with them writing but why make that public knowledge if not to pile more pressure on the referees and the SFA.

If it's acceptable practise to write to the SFA regarding decisions that have gone against them should it not also be acceptable practise to write about decisions that went in their favour? For example, Stokes should have seen red for his challenge on Papac but only got a yellow and it's not inconceivable that Collum took that line because of the pressure being piled onto him before the game.
    I think you’re right with this. It is fair to say that there is far more institutional paranoia at CFC than there is institutional bias at the SFA. But CFC will never accept that due to their aforesaid paranoia, therefore debate with CFC or their apologists is pointless.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Can you elaborate on this point please Jack? Are you saying Collum made this all up or that the tabloids have sensationalised it by 'upping' the threats to include death of Collum and injury to his family?

I'm beginning to find myself agreeing that it's not Lennon who's causing this stooshie, at least not Lennon alone. The club are as bad as their manager by writing letters of complaint about decisions that have gone against them. I've no problem with them writing but why make that public knowledge if not to pile more pressure on the referees and the SFA.

If it's acceptable practise to write to the SFA regarding decisions that have gone against them should it not also be acceptable practise to write about decisions that went in their favour? For example, Stokes should have seen red for his challenge on Papac but only got a yellow and it's not inconceivable that Collum took that line because of the pressure being piled onto him before the game.
    Dont be silly John, Collum was lenient on Stokes Samaras and Ki so he could get them back later in the game with a bigger decision like the penalty. He's a very clever man.

Woudl a hun have got sent off for it? No., especially when you consider what Bougherra, Lafferty and mcCulloch got away with last season, so in terms of consistency, it should not have been a red card for Stokes.

As for the "death threats", I don't class it as seriosu as actual assaults that actually happen to Celtic staff, as opposed to random calls made by some bammed up fantasist. FFS Even Collum said he never neede Police Protection.

That said, I do hope they get and bang up whoever made the calls.

as for teh "pressure piled on by lennon" - He said less than loads of otehr managers, even the worlds most lauded ones and less than what Smith has come out with - His famous "Mr Murphy" comment that I have quoted on thsi thread or how he led the press into a witch hunt of Steven Conroy follwoing him sending off Mendes at Kilmarnock.

Oh and what manager says "For me the match starts with the pre match press conference and the game is notover until the last word of the post match press conference"??

Answer: Jose Mourinho

In light of the refereeing in old firm games last season and what went on at Tannadice, Neil Lennon was perfectly entitled to make the comments that he did.

But hey, to some, Its not hwat was said but who said it that it comes down to.

"Did ye hear whit Neil Lennon came oot way?"

If Nosurname had said what lennon did it would be "wily old Walter"

Don't see anybody on here denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    I had thought that it was Celtic themselves that had hired the private detective but now realise from this thread that it was the Celtic supporters. However, I also have a recollection that the club itself had hired a behavioural psychologist to review Hugh Dallas's perfomance after an OF match in 1999. Although I believe the report exonerated Dallas and blamed the Celtic players for the trouble, the Celtic chief exec still blamed Dallas for initiating the trouble by being over friendly in his gestures to Rangers players. (That was the game in which a Celtic fan cut Dallas's head with a coin). It does go to show that the victim mentality at Parkhead isn't new, nor are the reprehensible tactics to play to their support and attempt to exert pressure on referees and the SFA.
    Dallas' handling of that game was bent from the word go.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    Woudl a hun have got sent off for it? No., especially when you consider what Bougherra, Lafferty and mcCulloch got away with last season, so in terms of consistency, it should not have been a red card for Stokes.

As for the "death threats", I don't class it as seriosu as actual assaults that actually happen to Celtic staff, as opposed to random calls made by some bammed up fantasist. FFS Even Collum said he never neede Police Protection.

as for teh "pressure piled on by lennon" - He said less than loads of otehr managers, even the worlds most lauded ones and less than what Smith has come out with - His famous "Mr Murphy" comment that I have quoted on thsi thread or how he led the press into a witch hunt of Steven Conroy follwoing him sending off Mendes at Kilmarnock.

Oh and what manager says "For me the match starts with the pre match press conference and the game is notover until the last word of the post match press conference"??

In light of the refereeing in old firm games last season and what went on at Tannadice, Neil Lennon was perfectly entitled to make the comments that he did.

when did you become dyslexic???

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar

Can I refer you to post 151?

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    You've totally lost it mate, the sheer inability to accept that your greatest rivals pissed all over you in your own backyard and also won the league at the same time makes it totally implausible to you, and your likes, that it couldn't have happened without some form of cheating.

The crux of the matter is that if ref's are incompetent - NL said WC had some answers to give following his mistakes - then they are incompetent when refereeing all games. Every other fan of every other club can cite you examples of where a ref made a mistake that cost hi/her club in a match but do they all go writing to the SFA? No.

Bottom line Jack is that Celtic fans like yourself are incapable of accepting that referees make mistakes as it doesn't fit you're 'everybody's against us' stance
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    I know that I'll get pelters for this, but I agree with a lot of what Jacks says.

The media fawning of the untouchable 'Unlce Walter' fair gie's me the dry boak and it does seem that Celtic do get a raw deal from certtain refs -only against Rangers though.

Where his argument falls flat on its face though is because of Neil Lennon himself - a bigger and more obnoxious prick it is hard to imagine. Can't remember who the ref was that bottled his sending off at ER a few years ago when he attemted to headbutt Scott Broon whilst already on a booking? We were 2-0 up at the time and the game would have been over. Needless to say, the bastartd in the black bottled it.

Remember that one Jack?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    if you play cameron's voice backwards at a certain speed he definitely says something about tims, and the newspaper report in the evening times had some sort of anagram where if you took out the letters needed to spell ' lennon is a tim' you'd be able to see that they called him a tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Nothing makes you question whether life is worthing living like yet another 5 pages with Jack Regan
    I like Jack. I don't always agree with his points but he always stands up for himself and uses decent examples and arguments. It's not easy being the only one against loads of others, a lot of who are trying to goad him rather than discuss - I've been in his situation on kickback a couple of times and it's not easy!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    I know that I'll get pelters for this, but I agree with a lot of what Jacks says.

The media fawning of the untouchable 'Unlce Walter' fair gie's me the dry boak and it does seem that Celtic do get a raw deal from certtain refs -only against Rangers though.

Where his argument falls flat on its face though is because of Neil Lennon himself - a bigger and more obnoxious prick it is hard to imagine. Can't remember who the ref was that bottled his sending off at ER a few years ago when he attemted to headbutt Scott Broon whilst already on a booking? We were 2-0 up at the time and the game would have been over. Needless to say, the bastartd in the black bottled it.

Remember that one Jack?

Good post. I remember that incident very well - Brown was booked and we were all waiting on Lennon getting his 2nd yellow but the ref overlooked it. They came back to get a draw.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Good post. I remember that incident very well - Brown was booked and we were all waiting on Lennon getting his 2nd yellow but the ref overlooked it. They came back to get a draw.
    Thats cant be right, the establishment don't want them to win, why would they do such a thing?

I may be inhibited in many respects, but I have seen the BBC highlights of the game.

Recognising that, the highlights as displayed showed me the following:

Stokes should have been red-carded:
    Samaras should have been red-carded;
    MacCullough should have been red-carded;
    Broadfoot should have been red-carded;

The second Rangers goal was a result of a horrible mistake from FF the Celtic goalie;

The third Rankgers goal should never have occurred as it was a result of a pure dive.

Correct Result from real football:

1-1.

Story, end of!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    You've totally lost it mate, the sheer inability to accept that your greatest rivals pissed all over you in your own backyard and also won the league at the same time makes it totally implausible to you, and your likes, that it couldn't have happened without some form of cheating.

And it's exactly the same in the aftermath of Sunday. Lennon has cleverly shifted the blame from himself and Celtc's poor performance by (yet again) suggesting the referee is the sole reason why they got horsed again by their biggest rivals in their own backyard. If the penalty hadn't been given, Rangers were already ahead by that point and the game was finished anyway and all the focus would have been on Lennon and his team/tactics.

Always cheated, never defeated. Especially when it means the difficult questions are a lot less likely to be asked if they can point the finger at someone else.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    McCurry told the loveable lenny to go off and then come on again. Laughable.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    McCurry told the loveable lenny to go off and then come on again. Laughable.
    Ah ha! There you go - McCurry!
    My memory may not be what it was but I seem to remember a post by someone of the ilk of Jack Regan (maybe it was the man himself?) saying that Mr McCurry was really a very nice man and that he knew him personally as McC was the accountant who did his father's books.

Work that one out for yourselves.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Can you remember if hibs wrote to the sfa about it? I remember the incident well. It was astonishing that lennon wasn't booked for a second time, until you remember who we were playing.

Hibs.net have managed to obtain a copy of the letter Celtc sent to the SFA:

lennonletter.jpg

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post

lennonletter.jpg

lennonletter.jpg
    I deleted mine coz yours is better

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Can you remember if hibs wrote to the sfa about it? I remember the incident well. It was astonishing that lennon wasn't booked for a second time, until you remember who we were playing.
    I don't think we did, if we did we didn't go to the papers to tell them we had. In fact I think we went the opposite way and insisted that the papers didn't print anything about the incident - tbf to the papers they complied and not one of them mentioned it on their match report.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!

lennonletter.jpg
    brilliant

Left by mutual consent!

lennonletter.jpg

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

lennonletter.jpg
    brilliant!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I don't think we did, if we did we didn't go to the papers to tell them we had. In fact I think we went the opposite way and insisted that the papers didn't print anything about the incident - tbf to the papers they complied and not one of them mentioned it on their match report.

Pro-Hun bassas!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I wouldn't dispute that, he didn't have to be though. The defender was beaten and the ball was past him, Broadfoot was always going to run into him, it just happens that he decided (as many footballers do nowadays) to take the foul. If he hadn't looked for the pen and stayed on his feet then he still would have run into the defender and had a case for obstruction.
    If Broadfoot gets knocked over that easily he would never make it round Asda in one piece.

@hibs.net private member
    I used to quite like what you said but you are a total buffoon. What an utterly ridiculous ridiculous thing to say.

Celtc's post-defeat brainstorming process unveiled

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...4_999994_n.jpg

Celtc admin assistant leaves commonly used form on the bus.

http://i52.tinypic.com/20zw94k.jpg
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 27-10-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!

SFA Referee Penalty Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post

Remember that one Jack?

Superb post, and completely correct